When a Mustang is not a Mustang

I find it hilarious that this thread is still active. People still don’t get what a Mustang is.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I also find it hilarious that the “it’s a Mustang people” mostly use cars within the games to explain the Mach-E being a Mustang.

While the “it’s not a Mustang” people look outside of the games with real world cars and facts.

Is there a pattern here we’re missing?

2 Likes

The only pattern you’re missing is the cult-like belief in the all mighty Mustang vs those actually looking at the cars and seeing that they’re totally different.

3 Likes

The “Mach E is a Mustang” people are honestly grasping at straws, at this point. Lmao

2 Likes

No, we’ve just given up trying to deprogram members of the Cult of the Mustang.

2 Likes

Should I be feeling guilty about this? Is it socially acceptable or outright blasphemy at this point? :smile:

4 Likes

I can guarantee you I’m not “cult” Mustang member. I maybe a “cult” MOPAR member if I were to ascribe to any cult culture.

I’m just looking at this from a reality view point having grown up through the 60"s in the car culture. Living it, breathing it, being part of the culture. If you’re part of that culture, you can’t honestly call the Mach-E a Mustang and you can’t honestly say the GT350 isn’t a Mustang.

The Hellcat is still a Challenger and that’s what really matters to me. You can call whatever you want to call a Mustang.

3 Likes

Cool job. Nothing wrong with the car. Except it’s a bit of a slug compared to the RIMAC.

2 Likes

And you just demonstrated the brainwashed cult mentality perfectly. “Living it, breathing it”? It’s not about the cars, it’s about the mystical culture, the nostalgia, and a way of identifying yourself.

You’re offended now because they’re changing something you feel is part of your identity. Well, sorry to say, it was never yours to begin with.

1 Like

Anybody want some popcorn?

:popcorn:

3 Likes

whoa, hold your horses (pun intended but not a dig, just silly), I am not making any contradictions so please don’t cast aspersions in my direction - it’s a fact that there’s no horse on that model of the car in Forza and it’s a fact that Ford can call whatever product they make “Mustang”, facts cannot contradict other facts and they’re facts I didn’t create

1 Like

No! It gets stuck in my gums! I’ll have some m&m though. :smiley:

2 Likes

and I repeat - I can see why some object to the Mach-E being called “Mustang” (just doesn’t fit with their concept of a Mustang - see my point about the BMW tanks and “real” Minis) AND I can see why Ford think it’s okay to call the Mach-E “Mustang” (it’s up to them)

1 Like

We have those too! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Only post left here worth answering since we’re just confused cult members. Let’s just enjoy our popcorn, m&m’s, and how about a favorite beverage too?

Send the Mustangers out the the marketing pasture…

2 Likes

I like peanut M&Ms. The other ones are Smarties.

I’ll go grab myself a Root Beer, you want anything?

3 Likes

In a frosty mug!

2 Likes

what is root beer? heard it on American telly series but never bothered to look it up

But can an SUV be a Lambo, Porsche, Rolls, or Ferrari?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It’s similar to ginger beer if that’s any help.

2 Likes