What the actual FFFF, Turn 10?

, ,

I’m done with this game. I’ve been holding on to S/4999 rating since late October and in one race last night, I drop to a S/4995 because somehow I got a +2.70 penalty. It was in S class on Nurburgring GP. On turn 8 some guy tried to get on the inside of me but was going way too fast and pushed me off the track. It seemed like his car was glued to mine, I got on the brakes hard but it didn’t matter. His car was welded to mine, I had no control of my car. Seemed as if he did it on purpose to carry some more MPH in the corner and of course he got no penalty but I was rewarded with a +2.70 penalty.

I saved the replay but of course replays are still broken.

I’ve also been seeing peoples penalties disappear mid race.

6 Likes

if you are on console, you can hold the share button down to capture the last 30 seconds of gameplay. it’s what i did to capture many of the totally garbage ways in which i have been penalized.

if you’re on pc, welp. maybe run capture software when playing. or just stop playing until they get rid of this awful system.

I have both a Series X and PC, but I play this game on PC.

They need to show every players safety and skill rating in the lobbies. I bet it’s all a crapshoot.

This might not be true at all or not, but I have noticed that racing in S Class this week has resulted in an insane amount of penalties for everyone, more so than I have seen in any other race series. Of the 15 some odd races I have done, nearly everyone in each lobby had penalties. A few of the racers I have raced with prior and I know how clean they are. Not sure if something is off and penalty rates are increased for whatever reason, but it is very odd that this is a pattern. When I go to A class this same week, the penalty rate drops significantly, as well as the spec series events.

Possibly, I still have no idea how I got the penalty and he didn’t when he came into my line and he pushed me off the track.

I’m also really frustrated with this whole “glue effect”. I don’t run any assist and I was on the brakes hard. All wheels were locking up, tires screeching yet he was dragged me through the turn to the outside of the turn and then off the track I go.

The way you wrote this, it reads like the steamy bits of a romance novel. :rofl:

Sometimes penalties will happen, but you shouldn’t let that outright ruin your still impressive safety rating. When I last checked I’m S 3982, and it fluctuates wildly. The safety rating system, like so many other systems in the game still needs work. Don’t let one incident get you bent out of shape.

1 Like

We was glued doors to doors, wheels to wheels on the corner …

Cases like this happened multiple times to me. It seems like the driver on the internal path of the turn is always protected in case of contact with a driver on the external path. Even when the internal driver enters the turn with an insanely high speed, he/she doesn’t get any penalty. Instead the poor external driver frequently gets a penalty, after being pushed off the track. IMHO this one of the main points T10 should improve in penalties, because many bad drivers have learnt to take advantage from it.

I assume at the moment of contact, the car on the inside is “turning away” from the car on the outside while the outside car is “turning into” the car on the inside. So as a result, the victim of the bad driving gets the penalty.

This is, by the way, why I no longer watch Formula 1. There were other issues as well, but the final straw was watching drivers attempting to overtake forcing the lead car off the side of the track, and the race officials would promptly penalize the lead car for going off the track ignoring the fact that the only choice for the lead driver was either a wreck or to go wide.

If humans can’t get it right, I don’t see why Turn 10 thinks their penalty system can.

Makes sense. But still not really. To me it feels like it should be the exact opposite. Even if another driver would go the corner wide, possible overtaking should always be clean.

I’ve been warned for less than the title.

1 Like