Update 2/15/18 version 1.119.6406 release notes

After update, I can’t start free play races anymore… I always receive the message: Not all players are ready…
Well i wanna drive free play alone… So there are no other players, even turned the drivatars off :pensive:

Haven’t been on lately so I’m not up to date. Have they fixed the issue where forzathon challenges isn’t tracking properly. (You have to restart the game to update the progression)

This actually started the previous update and replaced the “car restrictions have changed. You’ll need to select a new car”

It’s due to your current car not fitting your restrictions.

You may have upgrades off and your car is upgraded?

Sometimes the pop up comes up, but if you click on “go to race” the track will still load and you can play.

This has happened to me many times and it was usually that I had picked a specific class that my selected car was not in or it had upgrades and I had them restricted off.

So cycle through the 3 tabs and make sure your car fits the restrictions.

1 Like

Not sure because Forzathon is showing “coming soon”. Btw, you don’t need to restart the game to update, you just have to do any other race

1 Like

Alright thanks :smiling_face:

Gray cars has finally been fixed! All my cars are showing liveries and custom colors :slight_smile: Load times seem to have been slightly reduced (PC), or at least stabilized. Awesome job!

A few things that were not fixed or new problems:

-The D-pad is still not working on the livery editor (huge deal!).
-Explode will not work on car select screen anymore (no biggie).
-Game still not starting without the whole uninstall/re-install app process (probably a Windows issue, but still).

did this update fix the current forzathon so it works now?

They are gone now. If that fixes it?? shrugs

LOL I don’t even have words for this anymore.

7 Likes

I do ForzaNonThon says it all with luck will be fixed by the 19 as promised

1 Like

That’s nothing. They didn’t even fix the missing ghosts in Rivals. I think that bug came with the January downgrade. Instead they let us watch others play the game now. It is actually kinda funny, or could be if it wouldn’t involve my money. Why would I want to watch others play this mediocre* part of the series?

• mediocre is a very polite expression for what I really think about Forza 7
2 Likes

Patience is a virtue. They’ve obviously changed the dates due to the problems so no-one will miss out on anything.

1 Like

Still these bugs unresolved:

1997 BMW M3 windshield wipers don’t work
2013 Mazda MX-5 Cup uses paddle-shifting animation instead of stickshift
1932 Ford Five-Window Coupe remains that mess (roof and doors removed, clearly unintended as you can see through the body in Forzavista)
2016 #24 BMW M6 GTLM wheels have visual bugs when painted a custom color

Great job on the new update guys, forgive me if I’ve missed it but reading through the notes I couldn’t see a fix for the headlights glitch? As has been mentioned before It’s really frustrating in league races when you can’t spot the braking points or even see the turns when it’s really dark :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Okay,… Anyone noticed something that is now fixed/better than before the Update?

The Car-Selection is as laggy as ever
The 32 Ford is still broken (optically and technically)
The Ghosts still don´t work right
Forzathons are still… well, you know
and so on…

I cannot say something about the New Features and Online-things because I never use them, do they work properly?

3 Likes

I finally managed to try the new update and I agree, the car selection in lobbies is as laggy as before. Takes a lot of time to find and select the car I want (and do whatever else I have to do before the end of the
countdown)

UPDATE: And I’m still getting kicked out of the lobby while trying to select the car I want. And this, even after the 3d background for the new track has alrerady changed

A few days ago I wrote about these two issues in the Technical support section. Please feel free to add your experience here https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst118742_-XBOX--Scrolling-through-cars--especially-in-lobbies--is-painfully-slow--since-release.aspx

2 Likes

Strange! I just had a ghost in the Rivals event with the new Bugatti without watching a replay first. But in both ‘old’ VIP Rivals I still had to watch replays first. What is going on with this game???

Edit: after the first ghosts it was back to watching replays even for the new Rivals Event. Screw this, back to Monster Hunter. There was free new stuff released today and the game is pretty much working as intended from day 1. Here I get very angry about new content I’ve payed extra for. Geeez, life’s too short…

1 Like

Am i the only 1 who had a negative impact on FPS with this update ? I went from 60 fps at all time to 45-60 in the benchmark test. Usually games get better optimization after time, not worse :unamused:

Thanks for the Update, some nice fixes in there.
Two things that still need working on would be

1. When particles resolution is set to “Full” on the PC, then the small fog clouds and rain spray is glitchy, its producing straight lines on the ground.
  2. Head lights need to have a wider cone and tail lights need to be on on all cars during rain or night races. Also brake lights need to pop more.

Hope this will get done in the next patch :slight_smile:

I haven’t played on PC but I’m on Xbox One X and I fear that the slow car selection is a limitation of the machine… Horizon is free of that because they use pictures for car identification. FM7 on the other hand loads the full Forzavista model and seems to have the nearby ones cached in memory for quicker navigation, which is quite a lot to handle.

After a power cycle and memory clear the car selection screen is gonna be slow no matter what and there’s nothing you can do about it.

The livery bug seems to have been addressed. With the way T10’s Q&A works, any bugs introduced in January might be fixed only in March or even April… Which is sad. :frowning:

Also find it funny how people are complaining about Spectator mode when this was the most requested feature by people who play online. :smiley:

1 Like