Transmission whine in camera views

The one thing that has bugged me about Motorsport audio comes in the form of GT and LMP car’s transmission whine not being present from onboard and hood cameras especially. The whine is what makes the immersion amazing and makes cars like the 911 GT3r and Ferrari 499P for example sound amazing

Hypercar example

LMP1 example

GT3 example

Absolutely!

This is the thing that bugs me most about Forza’s audio.

Especially off throttle where gearbox/drivetrain dominates the soundscape, whereas in game you hear nothing but the engine.

2 Likes

I know it’s realistic, but if they do add transmission whine they also need to add an audio slider to it to turn it down or off.

Forza Horizon 5 has transmission whine and it hurts my ears, especially when the “sports” transmission is installed. Most people who drive cars with straight cut gears regularly also wear some form of hearing protection. I shouldn’t have to protect my ears to play a video game.

I think this is one exception where the realistic choice is a bad choice.

1 Like

Please Turn10, give us the option to turn down (and even mute) the transmission whine audio.

1 Like

So I’m not alone with this problem, I love to use the transmission upgrade but the “straight cut gear whine” is so horrible. It makes playing from cockpit view unbearable. Especially since it sounds quite buggy on the slower cars. Please add an option to either turn it on/off or add an additional slider separating it from engine sound. Until this problem is fixed I can’t play the game cause shifting with clutch is not fun without the transmission upgrade and not playing in cockpit view isn’t a compromise I’m willing to make.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with the original post. This missing extra layer of sound does detract from a certain level of authenticity and immersion.

There’s a trick that I’ve been using since Forza Motorsport4.

If you turn your final drive to 6.10, it will increase the volume/frequency of the straight cut gear sound, and if you turn your final drive all the way down to minimum, it will reduce the volume/frequency. Of course you have to adjust your gears accordingly