Toyota Celica Turbo (Group 5 racing spec)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Motorsport.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Toyota Celica Liftback Turbo / Dome Celica Turbo (Group 5 racing)

This topic covers the Celica Liftback Turbo which was used from 1977-1982 alongside the Dome Celica Turbo which Tom’s replaced it with in 1980.

POLL

Note - voting on polls does not substitute for voting on the topic. Make sure to VOTE above the first post to have your interest in this model counted.

Which model do you prefer?

• Celica LB Turbo
  • Dome Celica Turbo
0 voters

The Celica Liftback Turbo

One of the very few Group 5 Cars that actually raced in both the German DRM Championship and the Japanese Super Silhouette Championship.

Unfortunately this one is often forgotten as it was basically a failure in both, the car itself had fairly respectable pace but had terrible reliability.

In its two Years of DRM Racing from 1977 to 1978 it won a Single Non-Championship Race at Zolder while having the majority of its other entries either being down the back or just a DNF. It didn’t really get any better in Japan for 1979 where it Won a Single Race the whole year and retired from all the others.

The Car itself is actually more iconic in Slot Car and RC Car form than it is as a real car.

Sadly as a result of its forgotten nature there are not that many photos of it

file (2)
file
file (1)

file
tumblr_n2szuvhQxm1r2dcdfo1_500
1e3c86340b98bdb148dd758badfd430co.jpg

1979 (in Japan)

images (50)
images (49)

fisco-toyota_celica_silhouette_group_5-mazda_rx-3-01

A Better View of the 1978 Livery on a model car

In 1981 it was sold to Trust Racing who used it for that year and in 1982 where it enjoyed a bit more success.

It is very hard to find pictures of it with the Trust Livery

images (43)
images (42)
images (13)

5 Likes

I’m trying to find videos of this car, but I can only find videos of it in other games. Alteast that confirms that there is a car to scan / 3D models of the car available.

I would love to see this wild Celica in the game!

1 Like

1980 Dome Celica TOM’S Turbo

5 Likes

I second any of the Gr. 5 Celicas

4 Likes

I believe the DRM mod group for AC used the schematics from the Tamiya model to make their (non licensed) version. Since nothing is licensed, all of the liveries are fictional versions of actual liveries.

2 Likes