Thrustmaster TX Wheel rotation settings

Hi,
I received my TX wheel today(yay!) and I’m not sure how the rotation settings work. The d-pad and mode buttun press goes like this right?

1 flash 270
2 flashes 540
3 flashes 720
4 flashes 900

Does the advanced ‘wheel rotation angle’ in game change with the wheel flash modes or are they separate?

I also cant seem to decide on on FFB scale, currently running 33 and vibration is 88.

Using normal steering with all steering deadzones 0-100.

I can’t seem to find any detailed setting discussions anywhere on the web.

Any input would be appreciated :slight_smile:

On a side note I have a Fanatec CSR wheel and I really like the settings on the wheel itself. The DRI setting was very good to have when using 900 degrees. I find the TX too resistant.

I would suggest changing the rotation in the advanced controller settings, it glitches the wheel out for me if I do it in game with the “mode/d-pad” method. Basically because I run mine on 900DOR, if I switch it to a lower rotation on the wheel itself the steering becomes hyper sensitive. When this happens a tiny movement (im talking between 2 and 15 degrees) invokes full lock within forza, as you can imagine I soon starting using the advanced controller settings when I want to change the DOR.

Also lower the force feedback as well, I was running it on 80% originally, but it was far too heavy. Ive settled on 60/65% now, its much lighter, but still very effective.

Okay, I will leave the mode thing alone lol. Thanks for the quick response :slight_smile: I might try bumping up the FFB

Thanks for this. I’ve just gotten my TX and couldn’t get it to feel right. I was changing the rotation using the D Pad and the wheel was over-sensitive and the rotation gears weren’t engaging until I’d turned it to 9 or 3 o’clock. But I used the in game menu, and it feels so much better. Thanks.

that’s ok, I just happened to be on the forums when you posted lol. You will have fun with the TX, but I have heard a lot of people say the FFB is stronger than the Fanatecs, at least the Porsche wheels to the CSR’s. I cant say though, as I never owned a Fanatec wheel. I know most are saying its like a mini T500RS, apart from the pedals anyway; so you should enjoy it once you get used to it. I should be on your friends list still, if I am I am more than happy to race with you sometime.

You bet:-)

I run my wheel at 62% FFB and around 85% vibration and it seems plenty. It really just depends on your preference and how much you want to feel. With it set that way, I can still feel when the car is not wanting to turn or at the edge of traction, but still be able to give it a little more without a struggle. As for the DOR, I was changing it from the advanced settings in game, but started using the Mode and D-pad method to change it to 540 and it works fine for me. Do what you feel you are comfortable with and go from there. You’ll love it. I used to run the Microsoft WRW on 360 and when I use 270 DOR on the Thrustmaster, it’s just not that great. I’ve tried 900, but I feel for me, 540 is the best setting.

I’ve bumped up FFB to 65 and vibration to 90 and it feels awsome! Still running 900. What’s your thoughts on sim steering? It’s very challenging, albeit in a good way lol
Thanks for sharing Turtle :slight_smile:

I would love to use sim steering and I think it really helps at the tracks that have really sharp turns because you can turn in a little more, but I just haven’t been able to get use it so far. I’m trying though.

1 flash 270
2 flashes 360
3 flashes 540
4 flashes 900

I use 900°, FFB 50, Vibration 85 feels good to me :slight_smile:

I keep the in-game setting at 900 and use the d-pad+mode to change it to 540 every time I play, no issues here for me. Running 75 FFB and I think full vibration. Love it.