This forum is really hard to navigate

I don’t like the new layout of this forum. It used to be perfect. Everything was where it was supposed to be and you could find all the links to the subforums quickly. It was just like how every other forum was, intuitive. But some time ago it was changed to this abomination where I’m looking through the list on the left and no matter what I do, I just get all these topics I don’t want to see. I mean, where do you even look up the FH5 paint topics? Or the tuning topics? You can select tags, but not multiple as far as I can tell. It’s just stupid.

4 Likes

Agreed - been struggling with this new format as well.
Maybe It’ll just take a bit more time for an old-timer like me to get used to.

I like the new forums but agree they aren’t exactly easy to navigate. I think this could be improved by allowing us to pin what sections we care about and have the rest hidden.

For example I only use the FH5 discussion section. I have no interest in the other sections. Yet I often have to drill down to this section and I’m shown all sections by default.

How would you all prefer it’s improved for the better?

1 Like

I’d love it if they would stop merging old topics and new topics at random.

But yes, this new forum leaves alot to be desired… Any other forum I use is simple layout and doesn’t require search time to find basic things.

Glad they put this effort into a forum, too bad the game remains in current state.

1 Like

A little time spent here and I have found the forums easy enough to navigate. I’m actually thinking of recommending a sub-regional group in my NGO use the Discourse open source forums for our work teams.

And the merging of topics is much appreciated by me most of the time. I see a new topic and my first thought is that it should have been just a follow up post to an already existing topic. Only to see the moderators merge it a day or two later. On many other forums I am active, they discourage people from creating a new topic if their discussion would be a good fit as part of an existing topic. A corporate forum I read has gone to the opposite extreme once they got rid of moderators. Now the sections are a mess with too many duplicate topics.

This forum is so broken… I have to use Google to find anything and if I do i get “Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.”

I’m trying to find a topic that I know was a sticky topic before because it was so useful for many people. It’s a how to on how to show upgrades in My Designs. It used to be found instantly but now I have to dig DEEP. Sometimes changes aren’t good I’ll tell ya

[Mod edit - WSD - Profanity and alluding to profanity is against the ToS]

It’s harder to find things, and they insist on merging everything new with ancient threads from 5 months ago and nobody will ever see them.

Ask for support or send them a message and its radio silence however

Welcome to modern UI design.

Luckily there’s Google cache:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:14BFSzANBMgJ:https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postmessage.aspx%3Ft%3D146908%26yf%3D113%26q%3D1044173%26page%3D0+&cd=6&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl

Is this a joke…LOL