The physics

And why exactly would that be crazy? If anything, it would make the game more interesting - to see how the car might react with the environment and on roads when pushed to the edge, or the consequences of bad driving, for example.

The physics are not too bad, I like them. Braking needs to be nuanced though. It just feels too perfect and straightforward, even on low-powered, older stock cars.

I still say the devs should consider adding a hardcore sim physics option. Keyword being ‘option’, to keep it accessible for everyone.

Hardcore sims will always have a more limited audience and Horizon has always been the fun part of the Forza franchise.

Unless you are a total sim nut proper consequences and physics are a bad idea in a racing game that includes unsighted 60ft jumps as a matter of normality. Yes they could redesign the courses so they don’t include these but the over the top “wow” stuff is what this game has always played on.

If you haven’t played codemasters Dirt I suggest you do it on the hardest difficulty for 4 hours after a long day at work. At some point you’ll have an entire event (about 30mins but there are several events in a championship) ruined by accidentally putting a wheel a foot to the left of where it needed to be and being spat into the trees or off a cliff or into a barrel roll. If you survive and drag your wreck to the end of the stage, you’ll have to get your car repaired. You only have a certain amount of time and chances are it’ll still look and drive like a crushed coke can when they are done.

Being a hardcore sim there is no rewind…enjoy finishing last and trying to then make up the points lost over the rest of the championship. It adds a bit of exhilaration when you get it right but mainly absolute frustration as a tiny mistake kills your season…

dont they already do that? its called simulation steering. and that changes the handling of the car as a whole.

no the game physics are mostly the same, the only thing i noticed is that it feels more realistic. because you cant drive supercars off road as well as you could in say horizon 2. that being said who cares if the game is more arcadey. that certainly isnt a bad thing. considering many other successful games are super arcadey. then again forza has always been “arcadey”

tbh the physics feel pretty much the same on most cars (as if you’re driving the same car) with little differences

should have just used FM6 physics

What game are you playing, its not FH3 thats for certain.

1 Like

im not sure if anybody has went through this but i lost 3 million credits after i tried to download the forza hub weekly gifts

i really have hated how much certain vehicles slide. on race tires on 355’s my car shouldnt be spinning all the way through 4th gear when im only pushing around 500 hp.

that was my problem with horizon 2 as well. the cars need more grip. i dont feel like im driving on a road i feel like im driving on ice.

I agree, I think PG/T10 needs to split off FH series because FH3 feels TOO arcadey in IMHO. They need to start a new series Forza Hardcore - FM physics in a FH environment! They are starting to lose me in FH3 with heavy lean on arcade physics. Keep it simcade, that nice balance of sim and arcade that is in FH2.

The biggest reason this game is doing well in sales I think is due to the environment (who doesn’t love Australia!) and new bells and whistles - HDR, 4K gaming that make the environment stand out. In other words its a very pretty game.

Simcade pretty much sums up fm6. Horizon is just altered to make high speed handling easier, just more arcadey

The physics in H3 to me at least feel, more simulated then H1 and H2 but still quite a bit away from F5 and F6. Honestly I like the physics of the new game… I feel the cars have more understeer at lower speeds which I like and to be honest a little more understeer in general which is good in my opinion. I also feel like the cars have better traction over H2 which is nice. The tires overall feel more simulated and I can feel the difference more between compounds now. Rally tires are now the best compound for off-roading instead of semi-slicks which was a big improvement over H2, though I still feel like race tires in the game are still too good off-roading, they should be the worst tire choice for driving off road. Supercars and sport cars are way harder to take off-road which is great because in H2 it was way too easy. I feel like the suspension is much more responsive and more natural than H2 aswell but I do have some issues with the games physics…

Off-roading is still too fast in my opinion, it’s much better than H2 but I feel like being able to go 200+ off road a little much for me. The braking is too powerful. I feel like the cars as a whole just stop too quickly and the braking seems to be almost easy and I also feel like the brakes are even more bias towards the front in this game over previous titles, I’m not complaining about that, just an observation.

Overall I do like the physics and I think they are a big improvement over H2. Just a few things I don’t like but they’re small really. I came into this game expecting a more simulated version of FH2’s arcade and that’s what I honestly feel we got, I slightly more simulated arcade game but still at the end of the day, an arcade game.

I tell my friends it’s more realistic than GTA5.

In other words, it’s not all that realistic, but then, the game does not lend itself to realistic physics. There were between 250-350 total General Lee’s used in the Dukes of Hazzard series. Only about 17 still exist. The type of stuff we can do in this game would destroy most cars in short order, and usually kill the driver as well. The unrealistic physics fit the unrealistic gameplay. I love race sims, and I’d like for Horizon to be a bit more realistic, but the game physics are a good match for the type of game this is.

I wouldn’t go as far as to completely label it as unrealistic or arcadey.

For the most part, it does simulate decent tire and suspension physics. They just need to make the crash/contact and braking physics nuanced. Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to introduce an exact copy/past of FM physics in the game.

If you want to feel like you’re racing on a race track, nail one foot to the floor and run with the other one, if you want to feel speed and have fun buy FH3.

I’ve got a real racing sim, supposed to be the best I get bored after two laps. I have to forcibly remove myself from my computer when playing FH3, theres just so much to do.