The penalties need to be lot harsher in multiplayer

Seeing the penalty system in SP, i was excited that maybe I will get clean racing in FM and the dirty ones will get relegated back to the grid once race ends. But so far, 5/5 online races made me throw up my hands in disbelief multiple times.

Not only those behind use me as braking assist, literally in almost corner, I again fear someone will hit me from behind and 2/3 times he does, but I also got spun around multiple times and the culprit never got penalty. And even in one race, once all was finished, there was only one person with 0,3 time penalty time added and literally I saw multiple instances of car rubbing all over the place.

If your contact ends in car being spun, you should get 10 secs, period.

24 Likes

I agree, and I believe that these penalties should be applied during the same lap in which the incident occurred (or the next one) as seen in GT7. The reason for this is that the same individual can repeatedly ram your car the whole race. An immediate penalty would push these dirty drivers to the back of the pack

8 Likes

Yesterday I was on P3, hit at the back at full speed, spinned outside the track, become last and the guy who hit me received +1s penalty xD

Also track limits should be adjusted: in few cases hitting the curb causes ‘off the track’ penalty, where in real life it’s compeletely legal. I had to adjust how I use the track compared to ACC.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. I’m in S safe and i still got rammed sometimes

I have the track limits guides on so I can see where they are. I use proximity with markers so it’s not too obtrusive. Forza does a pretty good job on most tracks for letting you ride the curbs.

1 Like

Would be also nice if they are applied on cars when pitting. All cars need to pit at some point. You can just get around on hards the whole race but your seconds off the pace at the end with tyres fallen of the cliff.

And if you don’t pit you get the pen at the end of the race.

This is the norm in real racing

Taking about longer races here

I really don’t disagree at all, but I’m interested to see in a couple months when the system has had more time to flesh the dirty drivers out of S class. Definitely not saying it’s going to work, but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t an improvement

I agree! But i got hit somtimes and then i got the penalty
 do you guys had that too?

I drive in that S Rank, still not all clean guys haha

6 Likes

doesnt have any incentive to be clean in this game, i was racing and the p3 just smashed me and the p1 making us lose 4 positions and he just get 0.5 penalty and later in that race i lightly hit other car(doesnt affected anything in our positions or our time) and i got 1 sec penalty. double standards

4 Likes

I had high hopes for the savety rating. But I must agree, there needs to be a lot of change / improvement. I made some terrible mistakes with no to minimal penalty. I got shamelessly pushed of the track / spun with now penalty to the offender. I’m rated S, that’s IMHO not exactly right. I would be fine with A rating for me if the system worked better.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. I was racing the other night at maple valley and got a run on the guy in front of me going down the hill into the final corner and passed him or her on the right. But then I had to slow down to make the turn onto the straight. The other guy didn’t slow down and ran into me sending me into the wall where I then spun around coming to a stop against the wall in the middle of the track. (thankfully they ghost you or it would have ruined several others race)

I think they got a 1 sec penalty? I know they didn’t mean to put me into the wall but I went from mid pack to dead last from that collision. I lost way more than a sec. But to be honest, this happens in real racing all the time. Someone screws up and puts someone into the wall and their car has to be towed back to the garage and completely re-bullt - hopefully in time for the next race.

What I found worse, was what happened to me at Leguna Seca. First corner of the race I got a good start and got by the guy directly in front of me and was two wide on the inside going into the first corner (shorter track version). I knew didn’t have position to make it through cleanly so tapped the brakes to back out only and follow the other guys through. But someone behind wasn’t able to read the situation and tried to go through at full speed and punted me into the dirt. I don’t know what happened to that car but I was able to recover without hitting the wall or spinning and nobody raced by, so I expected he caused some kind of mess behind me. So I thought “that was lucky” but once I got back on the track, I got hit with a 4 sec penalty! What?!?

4 seconds for trying to drive clean and safely. This was in one of those beginner races where the game is trying to place your safety rating. I got another .5 sec penalty for cutting the bottom of the corkscrew which was a legit penalty. I messed that turn up. But, I was already fed up from the 4 sec penalty so I just quit out of the race to try another time.

Okay so now I go into races with the expectation that the penalty system is “broken” and not to worry about where I place as a result so I’m not disappointed. 
But I haven’t seen anything like this again yet.

1 Like

Ultimately though bad sports racers will drop in their online ranking and when the game gets the official start date after a short while match making will put those drivers in to matches where they are bunched with other bad sports drivers. Or at least that’s what should happen.

Well not if the victim gets the penalty and the rammer get away with no penalty then the victim is the “bad” player. Really hope they fix it but i very much doubt it

2 Likes

I agree. Penalties dont feel like penalties. .05 second penalty for pushing another car out of the track is not good. I also noticed that you could cut the track and shave 5 seconds of lap time for .5 second penalty. It makes it worth to drive the wrong way.

2 Likes

Very buggy just like the tuning inside multiplayer. Anytime you try to adjust something during practice and apply the changes the game may get stuck on APPLYING TUNE and never let you join the race. I’ve had that happen 4 times now.

Now have to wait another hour before Laguna circuit comes back up! :expressionless::expressionless:

1 Like

i havent experienced that.

I just drove my last online race for now. It was GT race in Hakone. I’m driving in a cockpit wiew and i have no idea what is happening around my car.
It’s like driving with eyes closed when used to use a spotter in these games. There’s no way i can play any online races anymore until Turn10 fix this game.
I don’t want to spend all of my SR for mistakes i didn’t involved. I’m now S and 3000 something SR and will stay there till something changes.

1 Like

5 times now, stuck applying my changes to the car before the race. Unbelievable! :neutral_face::neutral_face:

Its really upsetting because I qualified in P2. Probably a good chance I would have won that race with 23 people in total.

I completely agree with the author, bad players are not penalized enough or at all, it’s annoying and very disappointing especially when we try to play clean and fair play.

It is often the case that it is the victim who is penalized and not the bad player who crashes and hits us.

In addition, the penalty time is not high enough compared to a deliberate collision which ejects us from the road or causes us to have an accident, the culprit takes a few hundredths or even seconds of penalties but we find ourselves at the bottom in the ranking having to go all the way back, he takes a 5 second penalty while I fall 19 seconds behind him having to go back up
there is a real concern for fairness.

Likewise, something must be done for completely chaotic departures, crashes, accidents, collisions
 why not put the players into ghosts for a few seconds.

Je suis entiĂšrement d’accord avec l’auteur, les mauvais joueurs ne sont pas assez voir pas du tout pĂ©nalisĂ©s, c’est rageant et trĂšs dĂ©cevant surtout quand nous, on essaie de jouer clean et fair-play.

C’est mĂȘme souvent que ce soit la victime qui soit pĂ©nalisĂ©e et pas le mauvais joueur qui nous crash et percute.

De plus le temps de pĂ©nalitĂ© n’est pas assez Ă©levĂ© par rapport Ă  une collision volontaire qui nous ejecte de la route ou nous fait faire un accident, le fautif se prend quelques centiĂšmes voir secondes de pĂ©nalitĂ©s mais nous, on se retrouve au fin fond du classement Ă  devoir tout remonter, lui se prend 5 seconde de pĂ©nalitĂ© tandis que moi je me retrouve Ă  19 seconde de lui Ă  devoir remonter
il y a un vrai soucis d’équitĂ©.

De mĂȘme il faut faire quelque chose pour les dĂ©part totalement chaotique, crash, accident, collision
pourquoi pas mettre les joueurs en fantĂŽmes pendant quelques secondes .

3 Likes

The safety rating needs a major overhaul

3 Likes