The Batmobil Incident (RAESR TS '19)

Raesr at A class race also caused one of the drivatars to be insanely fast as well. It’s not even a contest. I’ve seen it 3 times already.

At least the car had a use for a short while.

I will always remember this incident fondly now :smile: Round 2, yo. :sunglasses:

Bone shaker is not invincible. I randomly picked a car, tuned for acceleration and grip. Faster than it. That fella had to ram me off the track. Still able to beat him.

Slow tracks and fast tracks. They have different tunings to do well.

2 Likes

I think what really annoys me the most about this - is that they had some purpose for adding this transmission to these cars specifically - because they did not add this transmission to EVERY car in the game, including: actual drift cars. That’s right, created a transmission called “Drift” then don’t even allow it to be used on cars that are purpose built drift cars - but you still get Race and other Transmission options on them. This transmission seems like a solution in search of a problem.

Here is an other thing about it that annoys me: Why do we have this seeming penchant in this game to “drift everything” and thus need to provide customization to that effect for very nearly every car in game - mean while, other vehicles are seemingly locked into only one form of what they are.

GMC Jimmy - why can’t we we put lowered suspension on this and make it like a street style truck? It’s forever locked into being a 4x4 but it’s super duper realistic to drift a Hyper Car so lets give them a special transmission for it.

I just do not get their thought processes some times.

1 Like

Because Tanner Foust tried to drift just about everything in Top Gear USA, including a bus? :laughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oE1t2g3rxk&ab_channel=TopGear

I mean, you’re not wrong… I get the why “drift all the things” the confounding part is that the Dev team are not at all consistent in how they allow upgrades to be applied to certain cars.

Some cars are only allowed one or a few roles. Other cars can access all of them. Why?
If they are going to allow customization, then be consistent in how it’s applied, otherwise when you segment cars into doing one or a few things, then you’re saying that you believe cars should have roles.
It’s not consistent.

Like: You take the Raeser and slap a drift transmission on it. Or you put Off-Road tuning on your Ferrari 250 GTO and smoke jeeps in an off-road race. But then you have the GMC Jimmy - when you google this truck 85% of the examples you’re going to see are Lowered, street trucks… not giant 4x4s.
So why is the Jimmy locked forever into this one type of role? It’s not consistent.

That is why it’s annoying… let us customize everything, or if you think vehicles should have specific roles, then actually lock more vehicles into those roles with their upgrade trees.

1 Like

Beating Raesr ghosts in the Boneshaker and 190 Elise :sunglasses:

And a Peel engine

1 Like

What grinds my gears are s not so much the adding drift tyres to the car drops it to a with S2 speed,. But the fact they can fix the issue quickly, while other issues languish in the pit of known issues for so long.

1 Like

I’m not opposed to banning it. They are not invincible but these dudes like to gloat when they win a race. You have to pretty much drive perfectly OR someone who cant drive it is using one to even have a “chance” to win.

2 Likes

It’s like the final Ridge Racer style boss car of FH5. I like to think that in the end it’s made me faster and sharper to have beaten it, so have to take the positives, but I definitely won’t miss it if/when it’s barred.

2 Likes

Update: We’ve reopened A Class Custom Racing for players to join through Horizon Open. Thanks to everyone for their patience as we investigate the RAESR Tachyon Speed and the Jaguar I-Pace, which for now will be restricted from Online Events.

2 Likes

So back to online lobbies full of boneshakers for A class open racing then.

The solution is simple. Nerf the boneshaker or re-add ranked lobbies. I’m saying this as someone in the top 1k.

1 Like

Boom! Bone Shaker shouldn’t be needed to win. Yep, I agree and that’s from someone in the top 10.

It really doesn’t need all that much of a nerf either. Best GTR '02 tunes are about a half second off, just equalize the two for laptime and be done with it

Ah yes, the infinite Bone Shaker discussion. Is it too strong on some occasions? I think so! Is it too strong overall? Not sure about that. I always miss one important fact in those discussions and that is individual driving skills. The average Bone Shaker driver in FH5 makes a lot of mistakes and gives you more than one chance to catch up and overtake. I also feel like many players use crappy tunes. The Shaker has 2 major flaws: lag of top speed + being understeary and therefore slow around corners. So if you tune ur car towards these weaknesses u have a decent chance to be able to fight back.

Here’s a short list of cars you can beat them on a regular basis:

Nissan GTR '97, GTR '02
Subaru 22b
Any Mitsubishi Lancer
BMW M3 GTR
Holden Torana + any other RWD Power Build

Look, we both know what the Boneshaker is and isn’t. Obviously it can be beaten if you are in a close to good enough vehicle and make zero or at least fewer mistakes than anyone else using it, and while I hate that a ratrod that’s nearly 1500lbs with 450hp is allowed to compete with production vehicles it’s fine if it’s the best vehicle in A-class. That’s never been the issue. The skill floor for it is very low for what it is and it’s hilariously stable and planted for something that’s not even a ton in weight, any kid can go pick up a decent tune for it with offroad tires and make lobbies suck for everyone else in them.

At minimum it needs another couple hundred pounds of weight added to it. It’d still be the fastest thing in A-class by a wide margin, it’d still be a ton of fun to drive, it’d still be and handle like the glorified go-kart it is, and all else equal a better driver would win. But it’s the most annoying vehicle in the game and has been for two whole entries now. It’s very existence should mean there’s a competitive game mode to accommodate people that want to use it. Or things can stay as they are, and people can continue to get flogged by good drivers using it and make A-class the slog that it is. I actually really enjoyed when the RAESR was available to use in A-class because it humbled the kind of people that just pick the BS mobile and ram their way through a lobby, best april fools day gift ever. But the shaker needs more meat on its bones.

3 Likes

Bone shaker is not unbeatable. Tune your car to AWD and acceleration. 9.x level can keep up. Its all about apex and skill from there.