Summer #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and rewards through July 11

The whole Top Gear thing can literally go die in a fire. I wiped out every other thing on that list except for the Forzathon dailies and this story. If this thing messes up my chances of getting the Maserati MC12 FE because it skews the percentage points for season completion I will literally start playing with a cheap 3rd party controller so I won’t feel bad when I smash it into a crater.

Rant over.

Top gear was a breeze, you have all month to complete it. Took about an hour.

4 Likes

The point is, I don’t want to waste the time on it. Aside from the Merc 6x6, the prizes are all going to collect dust. And Chris Wallace is annoying to listen to. So to have this in my way when I want to hit 80% for Summer is more than inconvenient.

The commentary was better than usual for me.

3 Likes

The monologue in top gear is by FAR the best of any yet, runner up was the movie thing. Maybe if driving challenges isn’t your thing, you’re playing the wrong game.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed every other Horizon Story because I could take my time and enjoy them. This one has no appealing prizes aside from the 6x6, and I don’t like Chris Wallace. Don’t you dare for one minute question whether I should be playing the game because I’ve been playing since Forza Motorsport 2. I just don’t like have to waste time on a Story that’s force fed through the festival playlist, especially when there’s next to zero incentive for me to care about. You want to make me care, put Drift Club in there. I’ll chew it up and spit it out and enjoy the mustang at the end with my cool ass t-shirt. “Top Gear” is just in my way.

How many appealing prizes do you want? 1 good prize at the end is all you usually get in game levels.

2 Likes

Chris HARRIS. See, I don’t even like him enough to get his name right. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Good catch! And that’s definitely the case - I checked footage of my trial runs and in all 3 the picture is consistent - players leaving mid-race don’t score points for drivatars!

For this weeks race events I liked the Trial the best. Used upgraded Volvo for that, tune shared. Our team got all the races. I got those 650 points in the first and the last race.

Did challenges on Pro.

I’m not big to S1+. Did Forza Italia with Lambo Spyder, which I felt was quite slippery and came second in first race. Installed racing tyres and won the rest.

For Full Throttle I used Ferrari California T I built for some past Trial. I should’ve used that in Forza Italia too, easy wins. Tune is shared.

2001 Acura Integra Type-R with race tyres which turned out to be surprisingly fun in FF Champ.

Used Porsche Carrera GT for #Weekly Forzathon speed trap challenge with some radical upgrading. Tried earlier with Bugatti EB110 SS which was no good.

Built 2000 Ford SVT Cobra R for Playground games which turned out to be pretty good. Don’t recall if I shared the tune.

With Top Gear story introduced earlier this week I get that there weren’t custom routes in this weeks playlist but I must say I missed them. Bit too many races on default routes or something. I had Alien Morph Suit, Maserati MC12 FE and Ferrari 360 CS already.

Trial was good but otherwise this was the most boring weekly playlist so far.

How did you changes tires in middle of trials?

What? Forza Italia isn’t Trial, just one of the weekly championship in playlist. You can go to your garage after any race.

Roman Mile Forzathon Speedtrap. HELP!

Ok, who decided You had to get 3 Stars at that Speedtrap for the Weekly Forzathon with the Retro Supercars? the best I have ever gotten on that trap is 200, 25 MPH Short, after an Hour of Trying, I gave up.

So, if someone could guide Me on which Car, what Tune, and What Strategy are needed to get 3 Stars on that Speed Trap, I would be very Grateful indeed, as this is the First time I have ever been stuck on a Weekly Forzathon!

Playground, if You read this, kindly NEVER put “Get three Stars on a Specific Speed Trap” as a Forzathon Challenge Again! Thank You!

I got it in an M-B CLK with an X-Class tune. Just come at it from the east.

I used the Saleen S7, you can look up my tune as 250 mph S7 or looking for IgnJaram (gametag). It’s a S2 950 build/tune that is also good for cruising around and get the next part of the Forzathon, which is to drive around 15 mph.
As for the speed trap approach, go east to west starting from the tunnel under the M68 expressway. It’s good to start this far back to get the feel of the car. You should hit 5th gear at the start of the straight, and 6th gear right before the train tracks. From there just nail it but be careful when going downhill or you’ll bottom out and lose speed. My best there is 227 mph.

Good luck!

I’m just glad it isn’t drift zones. It hasn’t happened yet. But one day…

This week’s, and last week’s speed traps, weren’t too hard. I struggled a bit last week, but got it first time after switching cars. This week, I used the MC12. First pass, running bone stock. I knew I wouldn’t get it, but I just wanted to get an idea of the baseline, and learn the approach. Then went back to the house, and did some upgrades. Kept the stock engine and power train, but max upgrades to everything else. Minimal tuning. Adjust the gears so that you can actually reach max speed, but I didn’t even bother tweaking the springs and dampers and rollbars, since it had a nice straight run-up to it. Got 125MPH on the nose first try. I have no doubt other cars can probably do it properly upgraded, and other tuners might be able to eek more speed out of it if they wanted to. But that’s basically all I did, so it was super easy.

Now last fall, they had one up in Edinburgh by the train stop that was brutal. I did eventually get that one, but I struggled at it all week.

I used the 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV for that speed trap and got 230 mph. I didn’t really have a specific tune, but sacrificing handling for speed on that car is what pushed the challenge. I would highly recommend checking out that car for the challenge cos it’s the only one I used that would work for it.

I used the Nissan R390 and an X tune. Approach from the right.

1 Like

Easily did the speed trap using the Nissan R390 with an X tune from ‘Wombi 62’.

Then did the 24.1Klm without an issue. Checked and I received my 200 Forzathon points. Nice and easy.

1 Like

Used the Maserati MC12 FE. It took about 12 attempts, I almost got tempted to turn on the Rewind.