Stability - Game may hang on applying upgrades and does not save career mode progress (1608827)

Game gets stuck on applying upgrades between races, have to alt F4 to close the game then redo the last race I just did.

2 Likes

Practical performance event laguna Seca race finish race apply upgrades then it just stays on the upgrading screen playing on xbox series x need to quit out of game then re enter just to redo the same race. 4 times now getting sick of it cheers

68 Likes

Similar situation here. Game freezes, when buying a car for second Cup. After reboot Im right back at Homestead event in first Cup. Done this four times already. Im on XSX

47 Likes

Yea Iā€™ve now had to happen twice when trying to buy a new car for the next series, had to redo the last race I did.

24 Likes

Having issues where Iā€™m upgrading a car from previous win for next race, after applying upgrades the game gets stuck on the applying screen then having to restart the game just to start the original race all over again.

34 Likes

In the featured series, after choosing the improvements to apply to the car, the confirm button only works after many attempts, after which, when you press continue, the game starts loading the track and then closes with a fatal error. PC play

6 Likes

Getting this also. XSX in performance rt mode. Currently doing the featured cup but was happening in other series also. Choosing upgrades between races, hangs on ā€˜applying upgradesā€™. Have to exit to home screen and force quit game to resolve. And then it wipes your last race and you have to do it all over again.

Just happened again after only 3 races this time. Considering I had already redone the first one and now Im going to have to redo the last one again thats half an hour spent to progress a single race.

Can this please be looked into urgently. Is souring an otherwise great experience.

33 Likes

Same issue here on Xbox series x

29 Likes

Same issue on pc, in the practical performance event. No matter how many times I try, the game just freezes after having done the final event of that series and I have to force restart the game on pc, which immediately resets my progress back to the start of the series. Car upgrades, levels and credits save but event progress doesnā€™t save at all, neither does player level.

Very frustrating issue, especially since the game recognises that ive completed the series and awards me a trophy for doing so, yet then doesnā€™t let me progress and marks the event as not completed.

Please fix this quickly as its making the campaign completely inaccessible which is very frustrating, especially for someone who isnā€™t a multiplayer racer.

12 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Stuck on applying upgrades:

Initial walkthrough, first race done, upgrade menu comes up, goes thru options then freezes when given the choice to apply, choose upgrades, auto upgrade, or go back. Had to fully exit the game and return.

8 Likes

XBOX - Frustratingly, have had the game hang multiple times and lost save progress multiple times. Once when I was quick upgrading my Hyundai Forza edition the game hung up and I had to dashboard and restart the game. Lost the last two races I had completed in the Modern Tour - Practical Performance series.
Finished the races again, tried to load the next series, built for sport and received the loading event data prompt which then failed with a message saying ā€œremote data not yet available.ā€ So I restarted the game. Lost the completed final two races in the Practical Performance series once again. Like an idiot, I did the two races again, then went to look around the menus and tried to load a design for a car from My Designs. Game got hung up on a loading screen, had to restart game again and guess what happened, lost the two final races of Practical Performance yet again.

After playing every single Forza game religiously, I cannot believe how bugged and unplayable this seems to be. We are the beta testers for a game far far from complete. Bugs in games happen, donā€™t get me wrong, but the simple basic ability to save progress and not have the most simplest of actions cause crashes and loading hangs should have been covered well before release.

Pictures attached are the remote data error message, as well as the two series Iā€™m having trouble with. The pic with the first completed series was taken hours before the picture which shows two more races to finish.

26 Likes

Update: Reinstalling windows does not improve the error at all in my case, with it occuring both with windows 10 and with windows 11 installed, furthermore clean installing the game on a fresh copy of windows did not remedy the issue.

4 Likes

Im having the same issue on Xbox Series X. Seems to happen when applying upgrades & tunes in-between races when it gives you the option to do so.

Hopefully gets sorted asap as I cant progress any further.

16 Likes

Just 2 races completed this time before it happened again. This time it was after I had completed a series and was trying to purchase a car for a new series.

Same deal again - have to force quit only to find all that progress is lost and Im back on the last race of the old series again.

I can put up with the crashing but for the love of god can we please get it so its saving immediately after a race is completed so we arent having to redo the same thing over and over again upon restarting.

18 Likes

same thing happening to me

game stuck when
-applying upgrades between races

• sometimes when saving game (buying car / changing paint)

then I have to force quit the game, and lost almost all progress done (no matter how much I progress, I return to 2 finished races in first championship)

15 Likes

same issue happening to me on series X, I keep playing the same races again and again.

guess its server side issue thats causing the stock on upgrade/save.

we get the deluxe edition and cannot play :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Yep, without a fix for it, it is hard to play with the fear of having to repeat races over and over again.

17 Likes

Having this same issue too

4 Likes

Yep finished the practical performance event and then reverted me back to 2nd last race (Miami) in that cup. They should be making this priority id hope seeing as we are the ones that bought the deluxe version of their gameā€¦ only to have a broken demo.

5 Likes

Same thing is happening to me on my Xbox Series X, also when applying Upgrades and Tunes.

It happened to me twice within an hour, and you loose all the current sessions progress.

It wouldnā€™t be so bad if the game was saving between races, but at the moment itā€™s too frustrating to continue playing until itā€™s been patched.

9 Likes