Sooo... any "day one" patch dropping with fixes and all?

Just like the title says. What are your thoughts?

13 Likes

Hope so and day 2, day 3, day 4 too. Long list, dont think day 1 is enough.

14 Likes

They have to, or they’re screwed. Majority of players are about to be in the game for their first time within 24 hours. If they don’t start throwing out updates now, those people won’t play long at all. My thoughts? They’re screwed. Too much to fix at once. It’ll be a looong process.

10 Likes

It’s very likely they will release a patch. And another one. And another one. Just like they have done with previous Forza titles. Have you never played a game before?

8 Likes

i think if they launch the game in December or next year will be way better, has so much problems with optimization, crashing and for me the most frustrating is the penalty system that has double standards, if someone hit me and make me spin no consequences for him but if i lightly hit someone and have no affects i got 2 seconds penalty

4 Likes

LOL, played them all. But this is the first Premium/early access edition I’ve ever bought.

1 Like

If you have played any before, you know it used to be lot better. Not talking about any Forza, they always got us to beta test by paying extra money.

It does not matter really. All big sites reviewed the early access build very generously (the game is nowhere near 9 or even 8) and that is all that matters to drive launch week sales. And then you have to account only about 1/3 to 1/4 of costumers ever apply for refund, and it is big win for them.
Sadly, game industry devolved into this: sell shovelware, fill the bank, discard the game, rinse and repeat

6 Likes

How does a game 6 years in the making release like this? I mean they used to release a game every two years. Do they still retain the same people on the dev team? Is it that hard to produce a game with All the features fm4 had with better graphics?

18 Likes

Why was none of the issues picked up prior to release?

1 Like

this game took never ever 6yrs, they probably stitched it together in 2-3 years from what i can see in the current build.
reuse and retexture some tracks and car models, build a few new, slap in a rudimentary singleplayer and thats it, done. This is never the work of 5-6 years. Not visually, technically and in terms of content.

13 Likes

Thats still no excuse for the poor cpu optimization across the board, no matter the hardware. The issues with gpu optimization will probably mostly be addressed with the cpu issues and updated drivers, which honestly should have already been out at this point to begin with

1 Like

It would be nice, and attention-grabbing, if we could band together and convince Steam to put a stop sale on it due to the bugs and basically being unplayable. Sony did it for Cyberpunk (which ran mostly fine on PC), but this would also force the devs to get their act together (or whoever is giving the orders).

2 Likes

how the heck does this game launch with no Nordschleife?!? my gosh what are they thinking. should have been priority 1 for tracks

13 Likes

I doubt they’ll be able to fix all these issues in six days. Considering that many of them need to be resolved at a fundamental level, if they do manage to fix them, it would imply they’ve essentially done nothing for the past six years.

2 Likes

ABSOLUTELY! Any other complaints I may have with this game are mere annoyances in comparison with the absence of Nordschleife. That omission is a major error, imho. And, telling me I have to wait another 6 - 8 months to get this track is just a slap in the face.

3 Likes

So has there already been a patch to the game for the release on 10th? People in the eastern hemisphere of the world who bought the standard version should already be playing since its already past midnight there.

Well, perhaps by tomorrow or day after. Let’s see.

Because none of them played the Builders cup all the way through… thereby realising that the Single Player portion is a week of gameplay … 2 at most.

2 Likes

If there is no hotfix to remedy at least settings menu and fps halving issues I’m afraid game will just flop…
If you’re not hardcore Forza fan you will not wait for weeks to be able to play a game…
Forza is not Cyberpunk, it’s more like Battlefield, if it comes out in state we premium suckers got to enjoy, it’ll be dead on arrival…
They probably needed just to delay PC release for month…
But, I have 3 hours to wait, and to know…