Settings/options to turn off specific sounds and effects

From personal experience I have seen the effect of abrupt audio effects. In Forza Horizon the ‘wooshing’ sound effect that occurs on finishing a race and the commentator voice in Forzathon live events and the eliminator - is enough to induce seizures in players with auditory or nerve-related conditions. Without the ability to turn these sounds off, the player is left to avoid game modes with those effects and just drive around in freeroam, and muting the game loses the value of engine sound.

Please provide Settings/options to turn off specific sounds and effects as an accessibility feature so that more players can enjoy the full gameplay experience.

I second this for a completely different reason: I play with my own music on as the in game radio gets repetitive quick. Some sounds like the beats from the Forzathon balloons interfere with the music a lot. Long story short: even without a disability this would be a great feature to have.

(Btw I love to hear that despite everything, you’ve found something to enjoy together. Good on ya)

Aye, this is a good suggestion, there’s no technical reason to not have more detailed sound settings. Even button to mute all special effect sounds would to the trick.
For me it’s "generic crowd yelling " sound on endless loop when in race loading screen, or near Festival sites. It sure doesn’t help that race loading is now much longer than it was on launch.

More detailed audio settings could be used to improve immersion too, like ability to set engine and exhaust volumes seperately, that would allow you to hear engine even in chase cam, where it’s often completely drown out by exhaust.

2 Likes