Rivals - Rivals seems to always use max fuel causing car to handle differently. (1541490)

The handling characteristics of the 1990 Ferrari 641 are broken. This bug is only apparent in Rivals. During multiplayer races the car handles correctly; more like the way it did In FM7. I’m able to smash the world leading Rivals times with clean laps on all tracks in the X Class hopper rotation but when taking the car and same tune to back to Rivals, the car is terrible. It understeers and the brakes are considerably worse. I’d be happy to demonstrate this to any Dev but since this hopper is only available for 5 more days time is running out

I’m pretty sure it’s because of weight. The multiplayer hoppers you’re running like 5-7 laps of fuel and in qually you’re running 3 or less, which is why the lap times are much faster. In rivals you’re always at max fuel for whichever track you’re on(which is stupid) and the fuel never goes down so the car is always gonnna be at its heaviest thus decreasing acceleration/corner speed/grip & breaking distance. Example I ran a 1.30.8 on yas which would’ve easily been a no.1 time but hopped into rivals and couldn’t get out of the mid 1.35’s. People like Schumacher that are like seconds ahead must have like god tunes or something.

I appreciate your comment but I don’t think thats what’s happening. You are able to change the fuel levels and tire compound in rivals. I went and tested it before the hopper ended. I ran a 1:08.9 on maple valley with a full tank first lap of practice. I then went into rivals and after 10 laps I’m struggling to get low 1:09. Back into the hopper I qualified #1 with a 1:02.3. Race pace on mediums I’m still hitting clean 1:03.4. I know how the car handles and it’s not a matter of fuel. In rivals the car all of a sudden has the turn radius of a 18 wheeler

Yeah I get what you’re saying, I have the same issue in the mclaren. But how do you lower the fuel in rivals? Because I put on softs and drop fuel to 5% and then when I get on the track it says I have full fuel. And I run hella laps and the fuel never empties.

Also I’ve been using yas in my comparison and when I got the track in multiplayer I decided to put on max fuel on softs and to be honest the car then handled exactly how it does in rivals

I just lower my fuel to 5% and softs. When I start rivals my fuel level disappears but I’m able to get faster times

I was wrong. You were absolutely correct. It is the fact that is max fuel. It’s crazy that T10 doesn’t have a “qualifying” setup for rivals. If they came make infinite fuel and tire life they can certainly make infinite lowest possible fuel and soft tires

1 Like

Exactly, like why can’t we run the fastest possible times in a mode where you’re competing against the fastest possible times lol

2 Likes

Bit late with a reply (I wonder if any of you are still playing), however my view is the same but from the reverse perspective: I set times in Rivals that I can’t match in a race because the handling seems looser., as if the tune is different. Also lap time can suddenly drop off without an obvious incident then the next lap be back to normal.

That’s definitely odd, you should be running quicker in multi than rivals, maybe it resets your tune when you switch to multiplayer? Also I know now that the game has a rubber effect meaning the more laps run the more rubber is put down on the track which equals more grip. Pretty sure they use it in multiplayer and i think it’s at a default of 50 (0-100 scale) in free play/career. I’m not sure what setting it is for online practice but I think that it starts at 0 during online races and builds up as the race goes on. I would assume this setting is turned off in rivals