Reduce the slip angle on the steering wheels

Xbox Series X | Logitech G920

I have played different games of the franchise and they all suffer from this problem with the steering wheels: the sliping angle is too high compared to the controller which apparently has no sliping angle. This post is mainly aimed at Forza Motorsport (2023)

I use a Logitech G920 steering wheel and once you get above about 45 degrees of rotation, the cars start to understeer because the slip angle is so high. Worked with the advanced settings of the steering wheel and it can be improved a little but the hairpins feel a lot of slip angle.

Once 90 degrees are reached, no vehicle turns, which penalizes drivers with a steering wheel compared to those who play with a controller.

Understeer that starts at 45 degrees should start at 90 degrees since now, in the game, steering wheels have a greater steering angle and are not limited to the 270 degrees that were previously available.

Reducing the slip angle would give steering wheel drivers a substantial improvement that would allow steering wheel players to keep up with drivers, as there is currently a difference of 2 to 3 seconds longer using the steering wheel compared to those who use controllers.

This is more significant when the circuit has several hairpins or tight corners where the driver has to slow down much more than with a controller to reduce excess understeer generated by the slip angle.

Without a doubt they have done a pretty good job with the steering wheels but they have inherited this detail from previous versions and now they should tweak it and increase the turning radius before the slip angle comes into play.

Thank you.

Sincerely: Peter.

I have no such problems. With competitive tunings I’m faster with a wheel because I have more precision. Understeer on Controller feels the same as on wheel for me.

I’m not referring to understeer, that too, but to the moment in which the steering wheels begin to lose grip, and that happens to a greater extent with the steering wheel.

What’s more, on the controller you can push the stick to the extreme and understeer will only appear if you force the accelerator. However, on the steering wheel the slip angle begins at around 45 degrees of rotation.

It is even more noticeable when using stock cars, so the controller wins by 2 or 3 seconds faster than with the steering wheel, especially if there are hairpins or tight corners like at Silverstone.