Rear View Mirror 2-17-14

Another great read John. I always liked races at Daytona.
GT: NotoriousIy
FM4 Uni: 1969 Chevy Camaro SS Coupe

As always, thanks for putting this together John. Funny how the Daytona pole always seems to get people’s attention. Last year it was Danica-mania and this year the #3 gets it in surprising (at least for me) fashion. Looking forward to the race the Duels tomorrow night and the race this weekend.

Aussie V8 highlights are always welcome and I will endeavor to “youtube” race highlights as the year progresses.

Cheers all!

GT - UvilleBill

FM4 Unicorn Request: 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Yeah V8 Supercars with Volvo in it. I’m exited to see what their pace is. They ran that car for a few yeas in the Swedis Touring Car Championship (TTA or STCC).
And amazing artwork from Lazarus Jackson there.

GT: Freheliaz
FM 4 Unicorn Ferrari Challenge Stradale

Really enjoyed this RVM, keep it up!

Oh, and I love the Daytona 500, makes me want to break out Daytons USA.

GT: poppunknerd182
FM4 Unicorn: 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Thanks!

Ahhhhh that photo contest is awesome! I absolutely love it I have GOT to get my hands on FM5 it looks absolutely beautiful. Very talented photographers there, glad I got to see that :slight_smile:

It’s funny about Holdens, I didn’t know they existed before I started playing FM and now my go to R3 is a Holden, I love driving them in the game. This is what Iove about Forza and John’s articles, I’m always learning something!

GT HideosPlayhouse

FM4 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

Great thing from TORA. But better they could had Assists to ANY as then the step in for people to drive with this event is bigger. On assists it’s a no go for me (no ABS), also I can never manage a second driver anymore and donators.

Great RVM John. I don’t like NASCAR, but the V8 super car race looks cool. Thanks for the link and many thanks for fixing the mishap with my last request. I really appreciate it.

GT: Distortion808

FM4: 2002 Mugen Integra Type R
FM4: 1993 MINES R32 Skyline GTR

Good to see the #3 back on the track, kind of mixed feelings on it though. Maybe it should have been retired for one of the best drivers ever, but I’m not a huge follower of NASCAR, so I’m not even sure if they retire car numbers. Great RVM though!!

GT: Grod182
Unicorn (FM4): BMW M3-GTR

Hey John, another great article, I had an old VW dune buggy years ago, it had the van rear axle so it was awesome for clearance off road, but the fun came too an end when my brakes went out on it, and when we tried too remove the rear wheels I found out they were seized on for life…lol, so that was the end of my toy. I always enjoy the Aussie V8’s…being a chevy guy I’m impressed with all the fastest times being set by the Holdens, but I have no specific favorite in that series. Nascar on the other hand is my obsession lol, I even watched the first live race on TV with the big fight at the end. I was a hard core Earnhart fan long before he won any of his championships, it was awesome watching him duel with Tim Richmond…he drove the 25 folgers coffee for Hendricks…for those who don’t know He died of Aids from too much fooling around and partying. Now I’m a Dale Jr fan. I have no issues with Dillon driving the 3 car…I just hope he keep’s his ego in check and doesn’t start acting like Kyle Bush !! I’m anxious for the duel races tonight…Go Dale Jr !!!

GT hipwader62x

unicorn F4 2004 Mugen Civic Type-R

New races = New excitement. That is all.

GT: Bugattiman15
Uni: FM4 - 2007 GT500

Ilove reading anything to do with racing especially to do with nascar and V8 supercars. I have been a fan of Jamie Mcmurray hope he has a year like when he won daytona , indy and charlotte. I do like seeing that 3 car back and up front just like when dale drove it. I i love the new holden inf4 i just cant get it to handle that great. I hope to see more nascar related articles sents the season is finally here. - unicorns bmw gtr “Street version” RX7sirit-top secret silva

Those V8 supercars look cool I never have actually seen one of those races. I think the Ford is going to crush those Holdens.
GT: MigslayerX
FM4 Unicorn: 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

Thanks for calling attention to our wounded-vet thread. It’d be great if this got back to Thrustmaster and to T10 & Microsoft to see if help with device drivers could make the wheel more flexible.

Forza 5 has a great variety of controller setups; the vet thread prompted me to discover and explore different configurations, and has made the difference for me to learn manual shifting with clutch.

I used to help a friend with his beat-up VW van renovation. We had no money to replace sheet metal so we pulled it into place as best we could and then patched & puttied the heck out if it. I’ve got high hopes of making a paint job in its memory, to carry our pet name of that bus: “Bondo Bandit.”

1 Like

well john great wright up again. I think for the upcoming races ill pull for ford, why…cause im a ford guy lol. loved the vids and will watch the datona 500 to see where number 3 ends up…john love, really love the v8 link you put up , but when I click on any of them it only shows like a minute clip and no races :frowning: am I doing something wrong? lol

GT o0nightfire0o

FM4 unicorn 2002 Mugen Integra Type-R

Thank you all for your participation.

I have sent gifts to all who posted.

John

1 Like