Racing school

I would like to know what the FM community thinks about adding a new game mode/ tab, which I have temporarily named Racing school. Below I will explain what it would be about.

As you know, multiplayer in the Forza Motorsport series is not considered as a place for people who want to have fair races. There are a lot of rammers and players who totally do not know the tracks, which results in dirty driving. The main idea of this new mode would be to educate players and teach them the tracks in the game.

The idea is to add a new tab in the career or multiplayer divided into two sub-tabs - AM and PRO (referring to the terminology associated with endurance racing). There would be separate challenge series for each track in the game (main layouts only). Each track would be divided into sections (depending on the length and complexity of the circuit). There would be a challenge linked to each sector. Each task would be divided into 3 subtasks for different classes of cars. So that players could learn how a particular class behaves on a given section. To complete the challenge you would have to drive the sector clearly and on the optimal racing line in the time limit. The final challenge would be to drive a full lap.

The difference between AM and PRO would be that in AM the challenges would be done with stock cars (from 3 classes, e.g. 500, 700 and 900) and in PRO with cars from 3 racing series, i.e. TCR/GT4, GT3/GT2 and LMP/LMH. In addition, PRO challenges would have stricter conditions set related to the time in which the task must be completed. For PRO, wet track challenges can also be added.

The reward for completing each challenge would be cash (in a not excessive amount). For completing the entire series for a track, the reward would be a racing suit plus cash (much more than for a single challenge). For completing the AM and PRO tab, the player would get some kind of unique car as a reward (something that was not in any game or appeared very rarely).

What do you think about this idea? In my opinion it would diversify the gameplay and add some depth to the game.

PS. In my opinion, completion of all challenges should be required to participate in multiplayer races. AM tab would give access to races not related to racing classes. Completion of the PRO tab would unlock full access. There is a problem with adding new tracks. There are two solutions:

1. ignore the requirement to complete challenges for the new track - only for players who had all challenges completed at the time of addition.
  2. temporarily blocking access to multiplayer races until the challenges for the new track are completed.

This is just my opinion. I suspect that such a solution would not receive a positive feedback.

Hello Fiodor, I think the idea of the racing school is very good. It would get a lot of players to get even more involved with the game. Above all, they would get even more involved with the tracks. I like the gradation between AM and Pro. The idea reminds me of Need for Speed Shift2 and Gran Turismo. I was always motivated to get all the heels and trophies. With the racing school, you could also improve the quality of the drivers in multiplayer mode. In the end, everyone gets added value. Single players are entertained and challenged. Multiplayers can drive higher quality races. Hopefully the developer will have more active players again. The press is reporting on another positive improvement to the game.

1 Like

They could probably get skip barber to do some track guides and to teach players but at what cost? I’d be all for it if they could do it somehow.

1 Like

I like the idea of training and skill based challenges, it would add some depth to the game and a sense of progression.

Also supportive of passing ‘school’ to get into the public lobbies (or maybe certain lobbies) so that entering the online race community is more of an achievement than an entitlement.

Some basic training about racing etiquette would be also great, maybe Forza could establish some common ground rules like how far up the side of another player is ‘enough’ etc.

2 Likes

Track guides recorded by actual sim racing pros would be nice.
Especially considering that Forza is a very beginner friendly game when it comes to the complexity of the physics this would be a no-brainer for T10 to implement.

Like this ?

1 Like

I don’t know if something like this. You didn’t give any details about your idea, so it’s hard to refer to it.

I think it’s just a referral to vote on another very similar idea, one that already has a lot of votes. I’d suggest dropping your ideas into that thread, as it will be the most likely reviewed and implemented by the development team. Strength in numbers :slight_smile:

Hi @Fiodor888959 . You can open the topic and read it to know more.

Really? I always thought there were only titles.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s not.

(post deleted by author)