Possible windows level freesync error caused by multiplayer fps limit

Bug Info: The forced refresh rate reduction used to limit fps in multiplayer may be causing a windows error with freesync and refresh rates. I noticed one evening back in november that the game was running lower fps than normal (half normal at 35-40 ish) without a change/reason. That night after game resets failed to fix this, I realised that in windows the refresh rate of my monitor was forced to 75 htz (I run it at 144, my maximum for this screen). Changing it back to 144/120 causes a large reduction in screen brightness, which seems to normalize back at 75 htz. Freesync, despite being enabled in my monitors osd, shows as not supported on this same screen, but works on my other one (a 75htz pannel that I don’t use for games). New and old AMD drivers don’t make a difference (done with DDU in safe mode), swapping display port cables and ports also makes no difference.

Given this happened after starting to play this game, I haven’t had this issue before and that forza has a forced fps cap in multiplayer that seems to work by capping at half the refresh rate (I normaly got 72 fps max) I believe that forza may be causing this. Worryingly, I don’t even have the game installed anymore (since Nov 10th) but my entire system is effected, so it’s effected windows directly, and I’ll probably have to reinstall windows to fix it. I believe that the game implements the fps cap by having windows change the refresh rate directly (hence why I found it changed). It’s possible that a game crash could also have been involved, as although I didn’t have crashes too frequently, they still occured and I assume the game has windows revert the refresh rate change when exiting a multiplayer session.

I have spoken on steam to one other person having similar issues, but I don’t know anyone else beyond that at the moment. As stated, given the timing of this error, and how it effects my system, I feel there is a good likelyhood forza motorsport could be the cause.

Platform: Steam/PC Windows 10
Edition: Premium
Account: solo account
PC GPU: Radeon rx6700xt
Peripheral: Fanatec csl dd/v3 peddals/m3gt2 rim
Settings: custom, no raytracing
Xbox Settings: n/a
Attempted fixes: Windows sfc scan, new and older drivers with safe mode DDU wipes, different DP cable with different port
Content Update: Issue noticed roughly first week of november.