Porsche Modern 911 GT3 '21 - wrong sound

It sounds weak, far away, and distant. Especially the cockpit sound has no insulation, bass, rumble or vibration - sounds like a striped down racecar cockpit.

Please rectify.

I never said it had a “wrong sound”

Why was the thread title updated? @T10ManteoMax

We’re doing some recategorization of the way we look at car audio reports, and in some cases I’ve shortened titles in an attempt to make them more concise. If this is more of a volume issue than accuracy to real life audio mix then we’ll change it back. If the issue turns out to be a bug with the volume then we’ll move it to Troubleshooting Hub, otherwise for general accuracy requests we’ll keep it on the Suggestions Hub side.

It’s a little bit of both. So there’s definitely a volume issue in the cockpit and there’s also lots of details and nuances missing as the cockpit sound feels flat and hollow, compared to say chase cam or replay cam.

1 Like

Please take this out of the Suggestions Hub category. I’m not suggesting anything - the sound in cockpit is plain wrong - it sounds high-pitched and noisy as if I’m sitting in a 911 GT3 race car with stiped down materials and NO sound deadening. If you drive in real life or follow motorsports on TV to some degree, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about.

Like many cars in the game, all the 911s, including the 2021 GT3 have “thin” and “small” cockpit sounds with no depth and bass in the low-mid torgue range or when you’re red lining - the bass/rumble from the engine and exhaust need to be present in a dynamic way throughout the various RPM ranges.

Please relay this info to Mike if you can. Not tagging you but hopefully you’ll read and forward, thank you!

Hi developers,

Just wanted to share these clips. As you can see and hear, the sound in the cockpit is muffled and has some level of bass and vibration. It should not be sounding like a hollow tincan as that’s the case with most road car cockpit sounds in the game.

1 Like

@T10ManteoMax

Sorry to tag you here,but this needs to move back to audio bugs. Thanks a lot!

The gears on this car shift as if the driver is throwing in a clutch and shifting manually with a stick. This car as a dual clutch flappy paddle gearbox for shifting. The shifting sounds should not have a pause, gap, or hiccups during shifting. It is seamless and uninterrupted for optimal acceleration. Please view videos in the thread below: