Please completely remove the censored songs!

I’m still a bit shocked that FH2, FH3 and FH4 got away with less than T ratings in the first place. Aside from the music (much of which I find distasteful and wouldn’t want any kids I cared about to listen to), the game realistically depicts (and encourages!) all sorts of incredibly dangerous and illegal driving on public roads (without the consequences of course).

Isn’t encouraging illegal behavior one of the things that’s not supposed to be in E rated games in the first place?

2 Likes

People are too wrapped in cotton wool these days. Anyway, why don’t the just do what the NASCAR games do? They are rated 3 but have the option to verify your age so you can turn on the uncensored booze sponsorship.

My favourite song was Chvrches - Never say die.

Every song they’ve had in a horizon game has been amazing.

They decided to censor the word God. This happens to also be the last word of a sentence, IN THE CHORUS!

“All you want is to play at playing ___!
But I’m falling in, I’m falling out
All you need is to play at playing ___!
And I’m falling in, I’m falling out”

The line is even exclaimed so it’s horrendously obvious.

Surprised the song wasn’t cut because the word die is in the title.

All they need to do is have an option to turn off festival music (when the radio is off) so we can external our own music.

I think some people put to much weight in to other people’s words. I’m in it for the instruments, rythm and the beat. As long as someone isn’t screaming at me, I’m probably tuning the words out. If they are screaming at me, I’m turning them off.

Rapture by underoath is now hilarious.

The lyric taken out is “legs.”

Take me to the darkness, hang me out to dry
Tangled in your LEGS, in the webs of your lies

Still my favourite is the walk the moon song on XS

I can take a ******* like a good pair of headphones.
I can take a ******** like a karate kid.

It’s too funny not to parody. Me and my girlfriend swap in obscenity just for fun.

I can take a sh__ like a karate kid is our favourite so far.

Kinda like the Unnecessary Censorship bit that Jimmy Kimmel used to do!

I find Sugarhill Gang Rapper’s Delight to be one of if not my favorite songs.

All i can hope for at this stage is they priorities adding age verification to restore the songs to their previous form. I may be in the minority that dont play their own music while playing. But why would I when Pulse and Hospital Records are so damn good. Not so much any more it seems. Someone mentioned about us putting too much weight on the lyrics, and that as long as the beat is there it doesn’t matter. Well a lot of songs have the beat from the lyrics… e.g. “Dreamers - fake it till you make it”. These gaps destroy the rythem. I could really jam to that song while cruising the mountain roads of Glen Rannoch, but now its disheartening, not joyful.

They could put the uncensored songs behind parental controls, but that would mean using more storage for the censored and uncensored audio. I don’t know what the footprint would be. Probably a few extra megs. But if it exceeds the cap they set for themselves, that’s one reason I can think of why they don’t do it that way. Another being extra dev time to lock the uncensored tracks behind parental controls. What they’ve done so far strikes me as a bit of a rush job as it is to come into compliance with rule changes that were sprung on them out of the blue.

Honestly, I only have the radio on when I’m grinding skill points and looking for a skill song. I mostly listen to XS and Timeless. I can usually stand Pulse if I need a change, but the others really aren’t my thing. I’ve heard all the songs, and all the DJ commentary. Unless they add something new, it’s all repetitive so it hardly seems to matter except for how silly it is.

If they censor the songs, please can they censor the word die in “CHVRCHES - never say die”, i find it very offensive and suggestive of themes that violate the E rating. Thank You

1 Like

Forza Horizon 4 Features Wishlists