No way of using DLC cars strictly offline? Bummer

I mainly play 100% offline for various reasons and absolutely hate connecting to XBL due to the advertisement friendly dashboard/UI micro$$$$$oft cooked up

I recently bought the 10 year edition and went through the hassle of redeeming the code for the free cars.

I have ensured my account has the xbox marked as home console, however, when I boot the game offline the DLC cars are in my garage but just marked “DLC” and when you select them an error notice of “failed to download marketplace data” or something along those lines pops up.

Of course when I boot the game online and then go offline mid-game this is not an issue and the cars are usable. This seems to be an issue when you are BOOTING the console and game strictly offline the game just like refuses to download the cars.

Anyone else have these issues? For the record I even re-installed the game, hard reset, re selected the xbox as my home console with no luck. Pretty bogus. Why mark cars as even being downloadable content when its like your “streaming” the data from your online connection?

Come on…

I’m having the same issue and it seriously sucks. I pay good money for the Forza Games and I have all of them but it makes me furious when I can’t play a game that I fully paid for at the full content I deserve to have access to. Micorsoft should rethink this issue before we all drop out and purchase a PlayStation. The lack of a VR goggle interface is another point of aggravation with the XBOX.