Next horizon a reboot? I hope so!

Just wondering if the next Forza Horizon will be a complete refresh like they have done with motorsport.
I hope so as the direction of this franchise is going down hill very fast as they’ve exhausted every avenue and now just collaborating with every child’s toy with a car in it.
Would be good to go back to where it all started where you have to work your way to the top instead of being given a Bugatti to start with (it’s not a grind it called working to achieve something and makes it far more enjoyable and helps keep the game interesting) with all the advancements of the later games (as much as I hate the direction the games going [collaborationwise] the physics are great, a perfect blend of sim and arcade).
I’m not talking locking cars and upgrades behind levelling up like some games do but if you can afford you can have like it is now, but having to work for it would make each build feel special.
It will make more use of lower class cars (as at the moment there just additions to the collection list and very rarely get used) and make you appreciate owning a Lamborghini or similar super car as in recent games you hear a new Lambo coming to the game and think “not another one” as you don’t really need to work for it.
The first Forza Horizon you started in a corrado VR6 which although not the lowest class car (as was ever so slightly modded) it made jumping into a super car feel special (and made you feel a sense of speed and the great handling instead of the other way round thinking anything but a supercar is rubbish as your used to the best)
I’m hoping for a reboot (not a remake there’s a big difference) if so IMHO it will be the best decision they will ever make and will redeem all the bad decisions.
Not only this it will give new comers the chance to experience where us OG horizon players are coming from when we say the original was best and with the advancements in physics, graphics and map freedom (I think they need to tone down what can be driven through, yes I’m talking barriers and trees [have you tried driving through a tree lately it isn’t like Forza ]) it will give us OG players a new level of appreciation for this franchise (better than our nostalgic memories) and maybe bring back the gamers that have left and will definitely bring in new players as a game like this would be so hyped and looked forward to no other car game could touch it.

I mean, considering the only thing that they refreshed with the reboot of the new “built from the ground up” horizon motorsport is the way that you purchase/acquire mods for your car. Im kinda hoping they dont ‘reboot’ horizon of thats their big plan for it. Especially if it means we have to wait 5 to 6 years for the darn thing to boot

1 Like

Reboot? Well, if it gets the same kind of ground up ( :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ) reboot as the new :roll_eyes: Motorsport then I’ll give it the same kind of “boot” I’m giving FMhate.

1 Like

People have been the saying the next sequel will be in Japan since the first Horizon released though, so definitely take any rumors of the sort with a grain of salt. Besides, even if it is going to be set in Japan, Playground is not going come anywhere close to properly representing Japan’s car culture, especially if they treat it the same way they treated Mexico’s car culture.

Plus, if the writing staff Playground hires thinks all Mexicans seem to care about is food, family, and Vochos and that every English-speaking Mexican randomly says words in español mid-sentence when speaking to a native English speaker, I shudder to think how their writing for a Japanese-speaking character is going to sound.

Well, most of the people perpetuating the Japan rumors are usually the ones who are expecting a 1:1 recreation of the Japanese car culture experience, so while I would still expect the “I accept everything this game does” mentality from casuals, there would probably a much larger uproar in the more dedicated side of the community if Japan failed to meet community expectations.

I don’t know if you frequent any other forms of social media for anything Forza-related, but there was already a preview of this kind of uproar when Mexico was announced over Japan for Horizon 5. Happened on Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, and presumably Instagram and TikTok (can’t say for sure as I don’t use those).

2 Likes