Multiplayer Overhaul

The whole FH5 multiplayer could use an overhaul: The online is currently lacking (imo), a few suggestions could be to introduce a proper lobby system. Private lobbies and the ability to customise the lobbies (similar to FH1) would create a more loyal player base, as in my experience the current lobby system churns in and out players too fast, e.g players are leaving after only playing just a few races.
Features this new lobby system would introduce (based mainly on Racing):
A new lobby based menu system (similar to FH1 ?) integrated into the current Horizon Life and Convoy System

An “Open Lobby” system, a little like the current, where you can drop into races with random people, however it introduces both C class and D class to create more race diversity. It would also remove S2 Mixed and Cross Country Races, these often end up being too powerful a car for most “average or below average” driver and it would make their online experience less Frustrating
and more enjoyable. Introducing a class/race type voting system instead of randomisation.

Returning the Team Race mode as “Team Open Lobby”

Returning a revised Ranked Race mode as “Ranked Racing” and keep the special rewards from FH4 from playing Ranked, this would give the online players a goal to play towards. Introducing a “Club Ranked Racing” where you can race your club members against others, this could also have a leaderboard to see which ranked club is best.

Creating a private lobby system that has it’s own search function via race type/playground mode. These lobbies can be made either public or private but are controlled by a singular player. Private lobbies could be customised via, playground or race mode, class restriction, HP/Weight restriction, car type restriction I.E “supercars” or “Hypercars” ect. Weather, ghosting (Just to name a few customisations). Private lobbies would allow for larger convoys to customise their experience and also deciding on whether the custom lobby creator decides to make it private or public, it would allow for random people to join the Lobby and enjoy your custom settings too.

Overall, this overhaul could be completed, easy or not it is certainly possible because most of these features can be seen in the FH1 Multiplayer lobby system.

Thanks For Reading,
These are my opinions for an overall improvement so Constructive criticism is welcome,

These are all very good suggestions!

I also do not understand why the multiplayer experience is far behind FH4.

If things are not ready for game launch - this happens with a lot of games.

But I always expected this area at least to make up to FH4.

And of course I hoped for more than in FH4.

Still hopeful!

1 Like

They have made it clear racing is the last priority in this game. Good ideas but they will be ignored because a headlight or a door handle is in the wrong place. They need to make stories everyone hates too. Perhaps if the creative directors knew something anything about actual racing. If people want improved racing please vote for this.

3 Likes

4 people care about the racing :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I can’t believe this is so far down the list, what do people even do in this game? As soon as I finish the Playlist, I’m just done for the week because MP is so unbelivably BORING.

2 Likes

I feel the same towards this. I often find myself going back to FH4 Ranked Adventure, just to get more interesting racing. This is despite the game’s less consistent servers and countless other issues.

1 Like

I wanna see RWD drift lobbys back in FH5. And ad RWD racing only and car restrictions muscle vs muscle cars ect. Creating your only lobby with your car restrictions of your choose is the best. The old forza got it all why remove it? Open lobbys are not fun for me. I play more season then open lobby. In season we have car restrictions that i want. But now i wanna see it in open lobby`s.

1 Like