MS OS update bugs

Max - is there any way MS console OS update bugs can be sent back to them from these forums ?

There’s been many in the past 7 or 8 months that never seem to get fixed. Every regular forum reader will know the issues I’ve had since Oct 2022 with wheel bugs (lack of E-brake biggest of the lot) , so I’ll not go into them again but the latest OS update has brought yet more.

Up until the last OS update, the playlists were all working fine - though the previous wheel bugs still persist.

This week, every single event that I’ve run has had the car dramatically losing power and acceleration for the duration of the event meaning I’m constantly having to drop gears just to bring the power back in but it only lasts for a very short time before I need to drop the gears again making any form of competitive performance / results impossible.
Happens in every event, The Trial, Horizon Tour, Weekly Seasonals, etc. yet when the event finishes, the exact same car drives perfectly normally in freeroam. Seems to be an online event type bug - even though I run them all in solo mode.

Why can’t MS release an OS update without breaking something and why don’t they fix the ones reported?
I’ve lost all faith in the ticket system. It never has solutions to anything. They’re always responded to by generic, robotic replies offering the same old ineffective options that are not solutions.

Max - Have to add this a well…

So - like all the other bugs that have plagued me for the past 7 or 8 months - it’s only me then that has them.
So many views on all - no votes - so I guess it must be just happening to me then.

That makes me ask - why ?

If it’s only me then what is going on @T10ManteoMax ?

I thought at first with this one in particular that the wheel / pedals must be broken again but then - it’s only 8 months old, so can’t be that - especially as it works fine in other games (incl other Forza titles) and also, with this one, still in FH5 but only in freeroam - well for this bug at least.

What is it that is causing the issue for my wheel but nobody else’s ?

I’m at my wit’s end trying to work out what I need to do to fix all these bugs that nobody else seems to have, though I know wheel pedal mapping - particularly clutch / E-brake - is a definate issue for others.
I need some answers @T10ManteoMax.

Deleted

Yup - tried using a controller - same issues. Also tried switching out of Horizon Life - still the same.
There are no drivers that can be installed on the console - the Logitech drivers only work when using a PC. The wheel was fully updated on it’s software / drivers via the PC before plugging back into the console.

As the issue was not there for the first two seasons of this current series and only appeared after the MS xbox OS update, I suspect that to be the cause - as has been the cause of all other bugs. They only appear after xbox updates rather than FH5 updates.

I agree that they only look at issues affecting higher numbers of players but still no idea why it would only affect one player (judging by the lack of votes on the issue).
Doesn’t really help those that are affected with bugs that others don’t have. I’ve seen many bugs reported by others that I don’t get on my system.

n.b. I wasn’t actually looking for votes on this anyway - it’s just something that automatically gets put on any troubleshooting topic. It was really just a message to @T10ManteoMax to see if he could raise it to their attention.

1 Like

On the subject of the original post topic, I notice @T10ManteoMax that you haven’t responded.
Are you able to get this to MS or not ?

These OS console updates are ruining the game - for me at least.
Please inform them that they need to stop releasing bugged OS updates without even a hint at fixing them. They release a bugged OS and leave it to T10 / PGG to find a workaround.

On the matter of a post mentioned above, why is it that the Logitech software only works on PC?
Surely the MS xbox consoles should be able to have the same capabilities as the PC which most people run with MS windows.