More race car divisions than just Forza GT and prototypes

i can live with GTE and GT3 together because at least they are similar in theory

however,

the V8 supercars and the trans-am challenger mixed in the GT class is a complete JOKE and must be fixed

8 Likes

GTd has GT3 cars as a base while GTE is closer to GT2 cars.

1 Like

I would also love to see a permanent Prototype series. I like the permanent touring series and the permanent GT series. I would also love to see a permanent prototype class series for some crazy downforce races.

3 Likes

I want the spec series being truly spec with everyone with same setups and PI as close as possible

Specific DTM cars please!

1 Like

DTM is mostly GT3 nowadays

True, but still, I’m missing the DTM/GT3 Lambo, AMG, and McLaren. Besides that, there’s also 90’s and 00’s DTM cars.

You need vote for those cars in the car voting

Couldn’t find them. And some imbecile decided we can’t suggest cars anymore. so well tough luck for me I guess.

Forza GT is a mess and my suggestion is to divide it into three categories!
To avoid a gigantic post, I’ll refrain from elaborating further why, which and where. If you still like to read my arguments, I’ll happily write it down.
TL;DR better diversity in speed and cars, more logical classification and also V8 Superstars do not belong in there!

Forza GT Group P - PI P-901-930
Rebrand “Modern Factory Racecars into Forza GT Group P”
Car List:
Aston Martin Vulcan (both)
Brabham BT62
Dodge #9 American V8 Road Racing TA Challenger
Ferrari FXXK (both), Ferrari 599XX Evo
KTM X-Bow GT2
Mclaren P1 GTR
Lamborghini Essenza SCV12

if there are plans to add cars like: Koenigsegg CCGT, McLaren Senna GTR, Maserati MC12GT etc. those would fit here perfectly as well!

Forza GT Group R - PI R-801-830 like it is now!
Car List:
Acura NSX GT3
Aston Martin Racing V12
Audi R8 LMS, Audi TTRS Rotek Racing
Bentley M-Sport Continental GT3
BMW M8 GTE, BMW M6 GTLM
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R, Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ferrari Corse Clienti 488 Challenge
Ford GT Racing GTLM
KTM X-Bow GT4
Porsche GT3 R, Porsche GT Team 911 RSR, Porsche Team Manthey Racing 991 RSR

Forza V8 Superstars - PI S-800
Car List:
Ford Shell Falcon FG X
Holden Walkinshaw Performance VF
Nissan Altima Racecar

2 Likes

I agree with this idea completely. I think the reason they don’t want to introduce too many permanent leagues is because it would split the playerbase, so they could at least make the GT group P and GT group R a permanent thing while making the v8 supercars one of the weekly spec series as it only has 3 cars in its spec

although tbh idk about others but i’m not a fan of gt4 cars like the ktm gt4 being in the forza gt spec, that should be reserved for anything gt3/gt2/gte. I’d prefer gt4 to get its own spec, but currently they dont have enough gt4 cars to make that viable

2 Likes

I mean to be honest they could even do a weekly rotation of Forza GT, so you’ll have a permanent Forza GT group…With Forza TCS (Touring Car Series) being permanently there too you’ll have some variation of speed and FWD to RWD. But I’d be fine either way, I just want the KTM X-Bow GT2 not to be completely useless, since you cant race it in Forza GT but the Lamborghini Essenza is there…it makes no sense

yeah, i would also like a lot of the track specials to be included in an online spec considering they opened up that can of worms with the essenza. Although i like the idea you propose of making it a separate league, it would be fun to race the essenza without its restrictors and ballasts against other cars of equal performance like the p1 gtr and that ktm gt2

1 Like

Spec wise it would make somewhat sense as well, since the KTM X-Bow GT2 Easily reaches 900+ PI and is very fun to drive, despite having the wrong engine audio.
The only outlier there is the Challenger Trans Am but then again, I tried to make it as simple as possible to yield them the least amount of work.

The Ferrari Corse Clienti 488 Challenge is also a GT2 car, very fast down the straights but with less aero so bad in the corners.

1 Like

according to Autosport it’s a GTE car.
But since we’d have the 599XX Evo, FXX K and FXX K Evo in there, it’d be fine remaining in Forza GT Grp R

gte is just the modern version of gt2 as it replaced gt2. and yeah, forza gt is primarily made up of gt3 and gte cars, with them being upgraded and detuned to be balanced around ‘forza gt spec’, which seems to be somewhere in the middle. The ferrari is far from the only gte car in forza gt spec.

Also, the ferrari doesn’t handle badly at all. it’s just not as responsive and rotatey as the better handling cars, but it’s still very capable in the corners especially after you tune it

modern track day specials like the essenza, fxxk and p1gtr are not gt2 cars. they are significantly faster. they aren’t built to any spec and thus are free to do whatever to be as fast as possible, which is why a permanent in-game spec for this would be nice, as it would provide a level of speed above forza gt. Right now it’s 1-2, touring-forzagt, but it would be great if it was 1-2-3. It would also allow the devs to remove the essenza from forza gt and put into forza pgt or whatever it would be called so that it can actually shine instead of being the understeery boat it is right now.

Agreed. It’s a tad ridiculous when the GT4 KTM is winning GT3 races.

If they were afraid of having too few players, then add a multiclass event option in the rotation.
The game can handle multiclass racing, why it isn’t a thing on multiplayer?

2 Likes

Hello,

The DPi cars (like the Acura ARX-05 DPi, and the upcoming Cadillac DPi-V.R) used to race with LMP2 cars in IMSA in the top class, so they would fit better in the Forza P2 division than the Forza Proto-H division (also if the H in the Proto-H means Hybrid, those DPi cars are not hybrid as well, so it also does not make any sense as well to be in this division)

Below a picture of an IMSA race (appears to be Road America) when the DPi cars were racing with the LMP2 cars (before the class split)

The Proto-H class needs more cars for it to be a proper thing, like the Porsche 963, the newer Acura ARX-06, BMW M Hybrid V8 and others, inserting DPi cars is not the proper way to fill this class.

IMG_4460

3 Likes

Classes could be:

• Forza GT1 (old GT1 cars)
  • Forza GT2 (modern GT2 cars)
  • Early Forza GT2 (old GT2 cars)
  • Forza GT3 (modern GT3 cars)
  • Early Forza GT3 (old GT3 cars)
  • Forza GT4 (modern GT4 cars)
  • Forza GTE (modern GTE cars)
  • Forza Super GT (super GT cars, can be further split between GT300 and GT500)
  • Forza Super V8 (V8 supercars)
  • Forza TA (Trans-Am)

Having the cars split up in more groups could make balancing easier as each group is smaller.
Even with the groups split up, having one general Forza GT class to race them together like we have now should be possible.

6 Likes