Make dirty lap invalid for Best Laps

Dirty laps shouldn’t be considered for best lap unless all laps are dirty. Especially since you can only see best lap times, rather than all lap times, this is senseless. And since most dirty laps are caused by cutting corners or collisions, they aren’t accurate and can sometimes be by far the fastest lap (because you cut every corner).

Not sure if you’re referring to career or other areas. I’ve focused primarily on career so far, and i agree this is rather annoying. I’ll be running a practice session, getting familiar with the car/ track combo, setting better and better (clean) laps, working my way up to hopefully P1.

If i then set a dirty lap time that happens to be faster than my current-best clean lap, the clean lap is overwritten, and i find myself down in 21st place or whatever. This needs to be fixed.

1 Like

In private multiplayer, why are dirt lap times counted as a fastest lap?

For example, driver 1 gets a lap time of 1:30:435, driver 2 get a lap time of 1:29:475! (dirty lap time), in the next race, having set the grid order based on best lap time, driver 2 will start in front of driver 1. It’s like the game ignores the ! to signal they’ve not done a clean lap.

If there were a grid of 10 or so people and 6 get clean times and 4 get dirty, regardless of the times the 4 dirty lap times should be at the back of the grid.

FYI I understand you can set the grid ascending and descending order, regardless of this the game still takes a dirty lap time the same way it takes a clean lap time.

1 Like

I think this is a very good idea.
In pretty much every real race, when you have a dirty lap due to track limits, that laptime gets deleted. Forza can give penalties for track limits, but doesn’t delete the lap yet.
Maybe deleting the lap is a bit much, but giving it a lower priority than a slower clean lap does sound very reasonable!

1 Like

@T10ManteoMax I think this has been fixed with Update 7 in Free Play. We currently take a look at whether this is also fixed in Private Mutliplayer.