January 25 livestream reveal | Developer_Direct

Slow your roll, He mentioned IMSA as a reference, but then listed a bunch of tracks that IMSA currently runs on as possible cuts.

The whole scene in the game performs ray tracing on all objects :sweat_smile:! ?
Can the XBOX Series S run it perfectly in a comfortable screen?
I think Forza Horizon 5ā€™s only raytracing for cars is a bit better.

1 Like

Slow your own roll, he also said that Catalunya was likely one of the non-IMSA tracks.

Iā€™m a bit confused who the showcase was actually aimed at as it didnā€™t seem to really ā€œrevealā€ much for me to care about as an existing fan of the franchise. At the other end of the spectrum, if youā€™re somebody who has never played or even heard of Forza Motorsport Iā€™m not sure ā€œlook how cool our dirt build up isā€ would really be the thing to sell you this as the go to racing game.

Overall, it feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity focusing on all the wrong elements, I donā€™t recall thinking any of the past few titles looked poor in terms of visual fidelity, 6 minutes of real-time gameplay probably could have been more beneficial.

Hopefully the upcoming dev livestreams will shed more light on the things Iā€™m actually interested in.

Oh and Iā€™m wondering if the devs are toying with us by mentioning customisation and then showing the same spoiler we all love to hate from the past few motorsport and Horizon titlesā€¦

7 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t do a lot of tuning so the practical issues with having the same spoiler donā€™t bother me so much. What bothers me is the lack of advancement and that it could be a microcosm for other stuff in the game I actually do care about. Itā€™s like they told whoever designed that wing ā€œhey! We promise to feature your wing in our gamesā€¦for LIFE!!ā€

3 Likes

Yep. Same as before. And the car models are no different. My suggestion about ā€˜remasteringā€™ the 360-era cars were all for naught. M-B 190E still has the metallized rear passenger window divider, M3 E30 is still shoddily modeled, and all Chevrolets are still not showing the ā€˜SSā€™ trims. Go figure.

I bet the '69 Charger will look no different than FH5ā€™s model, with the colored radiator and the R/T badge on the interior. (To be fair Dodge never used any logos on the passenger side of the cars in the 60s)

3 Likes

Not that it matters as I remember reading that IMSA has actually partnered with iRacing, not FM.

And Iā€™m thinking I know why that is, after this presentation.

Check out ACC forum over how outraged people are over too little windshield dirt or too much windshield dirt - or as itā€™s called in game ā€œcamera lens dirtā€ as laps are run.

Iā€™m quite surprised myself, but means a lot to some people over tiny details. They are even calling a game not a sim unless these things are there.

All advertising is built on having something for everybody. Each ad even is targeting one customer base and next ad another.

I thought enough new details were revealed on this event to be worth the effort to watch it. Disappointed that not a live event though, just a video that need no event of that sort at all. But that is marketing for you.

Will be interesting to check out Forza Monthly tomorrowā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a good thing, the fall out between Indy and iRacing isnā€™t pretty. The car series having to be renamed in game and the cancelling of any Indy style events is a black eye for them.

Anyone notice this? ā€œOur roster includes over 100 new-to-Motorsport carsā€

It specifically says new to MOTORSPORT cars, not new to FORZA. This is very clever wording, I bet most of the cars we have already driven in FH4/5ā€¦

7 Likes

I for one am excited about the new sounds and having atmos implemented. Really hoping there is finally a difference when in cockpit between front and rear engine sounds.

Nothing new from T10. The masters of double-speak.

Although if that means the Porsche 917LH is in, then Iā€™m all for it.

4 Likes

While Iā€™m a bit disappointed in what weā€™ve seen, I suppose Iā€™m not surprised it was a dud of a presentation.

I guess if I really had a big wish, it would be advanced tuning tools. Suspension tuning I mean, tools that will fill the gap so Iā€™m not breaking out a calculator to figure out spring rates. Iā€™d also like to see something that tells me tire print under different compression and road angles. Things like that.

1 Like

Itā€™s the same details as last year, just presented differently. We still donā€™t know a thing about the game and when it will release. Motorsport 7 released 5 1/2 years agoā€¦ And donā€™t limit content based on consoles. Offer a version at a discounted price with less tracks and cars for console players worried about storage space. Veterans like myself are looking for more content than previous titles.

1 Like

IMSA are partnered with several racing game brands, they arenā€™t exclusive by any means.

Even GRID Legends has an IMSA partnership, though the extent of it is simply a few cars and liveries.

Yea, plus that IMSA announcement was made when FM7 was in full swing, like roughly 6 years ago (2017)? How much of that still holds up today?

I will say this, we did get some of my favorite IMSA GTO class cars in FM7 due to that.

I donā€™t feel we know much more and are closer to see the actual game than we were six months ago, when the last presentation happened. On the other hand, if the list of content is pretty much closed already, perhaps it actually will release before fall (but definitely not in spring, considering that thereā€™s no talk about preorders or even Steam page yet).

Anyway, ā€œover 100 new-to-Motorsport carsā€ makes cool space for speculationā€¦ and creating one more list. Iā€™ll dig into my Excel spreadsheets tomorrow :wink:

(BTW, ā€œ20 environmentsā€ doesnā€™t sound good. I hope Turn 10 intends to go Polyphony Digital way in that matterā€¦ but with more than two tracks added to the game per year :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

I think we may be overthinking this a bit when it comes to cars. Maxā€™s link has a list of cars that are confirmed* to be in the video we got today. 2 of which are new to Forza in general (2019 Porsche 935 Moby, and the Mission R). Those 2 cars are not in Horizon and have never been. The 2 Porsches are Prototype/Future Tech type cars, not intended for the street.

M8B was in Forza 6/7.

1 Like

My bad, you are correct.