Is this game for car enthusiasts?

Is there anywhere in the game that shows the original engines for each car? I don’t think it even says V8, I4, etc for the stock engine in the customization.
This is a car game about cars, I don’t know every car stat, I’m curious what engine is in a certain car in the game and that info isn’t there? I guess including a little more basic car stats for the biggest car game by microsoft is asking too much.

I guess this also brings up the issue of quality over quantity, not sure if I’d like more new cars consistently with less forzavista/cockpit driving/active aero details, or have fewer cars with more information about them and more detailed models.

Ultimately I think that pgg and turn10 could and should add more car information for car enthusiasts to the game,

No there isn’t. Because the developers probably don’t know.

But if you are in a home or a horizon base, you can go to a garage, go to upgrades & tuning, go to custom upgrade, go to the piston icon, go to any engine part like the air cleaner, press the “y” button. This changes the bottom list from the PI numbers to the engine specs. At the bottom of the list is the engine displacement. From this you can pretty much determine what is your engine format. Pretty much anything less than 3l is an L4, 3l to 4l is a V6 or an L6, anything larger is a V8, V10, V12. There are some Honda and Ford V6 engines that are 2.8l. I’m sure there are others so you’ll have to Google them if you want to know more.

They might be inclined to do this, IF they were car enthusiasts. Sadly, they are just programmers and game developers.

2 Likes

Unfortunately true, I know it had much less cars to do it for but Gran Turismo 3 had info + history on every manufacturer + model in it’s car dealership (though some were copied for the similar models) and that’s a game 20 years older than FH5 and from 3 generations ago.

I think Horizon has turned it o a game for the masses, not specifically aimed at car enthusiasts. It kind of makes sense, since that’s how they make the most money, but for enthusiasts the game is fun, but can be much better. Also the fact that they desperately want a kid friendly rating doesn’t help

I personally would pay for a game for the “car enthusiast”. I would pay for upgrades and updates that give more car enthusiast parts and cars. I would pay to continue growing and improving the game. I believe if a game developer would build a game for the car enthusiasts they would make good money.

I learned a lot about cars and racing history from car pages on gran turismo 6,

2 Likes

Have never heard of these games. Are they xbox games or pc? And are they still available?

1 Like

Car Mechanic Simulator is on both PC and XBOX. I haven’t played it, but I strongly consider it whenever I see it on sale.

2 Likes

This game would’ve had so much potential,instead they gave us a game for kids and then make it more childish with Hot Wheels…The Car Enthusiast public is masive,we want a game closer to the real car community, not this Festival bs … Instead ,make a dann map EU/US with real car culture. I’m so disappointed. Also watch Carwow and other youtube channels,it’ll give you a glimpse on what cars to add in the game. We are still missing a true Dual Cluth Transmission,we didn’t get a GOLF 8R,they gave us 7.5 which is fine,but they gave us a manual…really? how many manual Golf R are outhere? Most of the ones you see,hear,dream are DSG…

5 Likes

I get tired of my Series X, that I have over 2 years now, just to play the same games on Xbox One… Last month I bought a PS5 and GT7… And what a nice game for people who love cars, a lot of details, aero part working like in real life, ERS, the sound of the turbos, and exhausts… Horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport should learn a lot with GT7. What they’ve done with Horizon is unforgivable, making this game a child game, I feel disgusted when I try to play it, all I can see is lazyness and a poor otimization on his main plataform, that should be the Xbox Series X, with that draw distance of a game from 360 era.

2 Likes

@f3rnandQ I take it, you have no regrets about going PS5 and GT7?

Imagine if Forza Horizon was a Gran Turismo but on the streets :slight_smile: …I mean the game mechanics and physics are ok,just the car scene is totally wrong,also missing lots of popular cars,instead they give you Hot Wheels…what a crap…we’re missing a proper DCT as well…no launch control etc.

3 Likes

I rather have Forza Horizon merge with GTA5. Now that would be epic.

The only thing I didn’t like, was the PS controller… The Xbox controller is way better.
And I have a G920, so unfortunatly I can’t play GT 7 on the wheel

1 Like

Yeah, so? So give us the Falconer V12 and other engines they build for engine swaps. Give us Jack Roush Engines for engine swaps. Give us Milodon HEMI engines.

Give us the actual “crate” motors and list what the engines actually are. Don’t just leave it up to the 3.8l whatever for us to assume it’s the BMW M engine. How many 3.8 sixs are there the engine could be?

2 Likes

Gone, but never forgotten… RIP MCO - JOHNMILNER - 404 Club Not Found

Careful, they may actually make this a realistic process, allowing us to view the catalogue to order the desired motor only to receive notifications of non-availability from the manufacturers, canceling your order :smile:.
Unfortunately, I work in the automotive industry with a global tier 1 supplier (you may have seen our name on F1 cars lol) & the whole industry right now is a nightmare! Even worse than usual :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Haha! Same name as I have on here, Hollywood Knights club. I also had a 2nd account with Bob Falfa as the driver…lol.

1 Like

Well, a good car enthusiast game would have lots of wreaking yards scattered around the map where we could find great parts deals. And bone yards around the race tracks.

4 Likes