Is this franchise completely screwed?

That’s because players have either quit or are sick of having their tickets automatically closed or gave up after seeing no fixes after a year and a half.

Deleted

Xbox doesnt have that many first party games anyway… And here it comes forza horizon, a game that releases every 2 years on a schedule… I imagine horizon being under pressure to perform and PG having such a good track record that they’d want to utilize it. If they dont rethink the way they’ve been handling the past 2 titles yes its screwed.

As far as Sepsi goes ive read that he has some history with cheating in horizon 4. So i dont know if he’s as righteous as he tries to portray himself although he makes good points.

8 too many, especially considering the number of repeats and other cut content this game’s been flooded with.

2 Likes

Yeah Microsoft is not good at managing it’s studios. Whether that is due to over-management or mismanagement, I have no idea. All I know for sure is that for all of the talent they continually hoover up, they produce far too few hits and a great many misses.

Microsoft still has a lot going for it. That value per dollar that is games pass might be the sole thing keeping Microsoft competitive, and the way they lead the charge onto PC with crossbuy deserves all the praise. Still, they struggle in the actual games department.

It’s not all bad news. Obsidian seems to have done well under their umbrella, and you can tell they know the whole world is looking at their management of Bethesda under a giant microscope. But the fact remains that they’ve struggled to put out marquee titles for over a decade now.

Lots of evidence to suggest Mike Brown was the issue though. Constantly making promises that were not kept. The majority of FH4’s development PGG was still independent. Other studios in practically the same situation (read: Asoba) able to address issues with the game yet Mike Brown is incapable.

Lots of potential blame to toss around and very few answers. I’m still in wait and see mode though. It’ll take some time for the dust to settle on the turmoil caused by Mike Brown’s exit. I’d of course hoped that we got some evidence by now that the culture at the company was changing for the better, but (not even) 2 months is not really enough time to expect that after a managerial turnover on a project of this size. So I’m not going to jump to any conclusions yet. I’ll just keep plugging away with my constructive criticism and hope the new guard will actually listen to at least some of it this time.

Forza Horizon has a lot stacked against it, but it’s also still got a lot of potential. Is the franchise screwed? I’d say it’s a coin toss at this point.

1 Like

Why “8 too many”?

I not recomend to wait for FH6 so soon. MS is stuck with Activiosion/Blizzard novel, anda that’s why they didnt annouce Mike Brown 's replecement, probably even is thinhing about.

Nee FM is becoming a new drama, with delays and backlash for comunity. Im afreid that there may be one more postponement. Wiihout a new Forza engineering testing and running well, we wont see a new FH6. Adding this with creative leader abscent, if there a new FH, we should wait a couple of years

Because this game’s post-launch DLC scheme is completely appalling. This game has far too big of a backlog of requested cars and content to waste any space on cars no one wanted with this kind of scheme. If they were dropping 5-7 properly new cars a month, just as they used to with the car packs, then this would be slightly more palatable. But as things stand now, there are cars that deserved those slots more, and the only reason the meme crap is there now is because their companies bought PGG off.

1 Like

First of all, this game has a much better method of distributing content than any of FH1-3, in that it gets consistent post-launch content instead of just the standard 42 Cars + whatever came in the expansions and nothing/not much else on top of that (which would be worse for “clearing that backlog”)

On the cars, who says no one wanted these? People wanted normal cars for a long time, they got 2 in one update, and they were pretty happy with them, they wanted race cars, 2 in 3 updates and the community was pretty ecstatic over them (and the 03+ was also received pretty well)

And also, does a car need to be highly requested to deserve a spot in the game? If this game only took it’s Car List from the most requested cars, you’d have a mix of 3 things and 3 things only:

1. 90s JDM
  2. Supercars
  3. A Small Rest

And that doesn’t sound great does it?

Got a source for that?
There’s maybe 2 companies out of all of those that i could remotely think about “b[uying] PGG off”, the rest are either long-term partners or very relevant in the Automotive Landscape right now.

1 Like

That’s nice, but it doesn’t change how bad it is. 1-4 new cars a month and 20+ rehashes and repeats throughout is bad, bad form for a AAA studio. Even more so because those new cars are not freely available, but timegated and locked behind tedious laundry lists.

…People ask for Dodge Neons, Toyota Corollas, Mazda 3s and Demios, Chevy Cavaliers, Kias, Hyundais, so on and so forth. No one asked for a Wuling Sunshine. No one asked for a Lynk and Co. 03. No one asked for that featureless shoebox of an EV that made it in. Don’t even try and pretend that those cars were highly-requested.

And you know what? For a game that so often attempts to cannonball it’s way into that particular nostalgia pool, that is shameful.

No, but if it’s going to take a spot that should rightfully be occupied by one that is, then it had better be compelling enough to justify it’s inclusion. Again, whose hearts are all a-flutter over a Chinese minivan and a sedan that is clearly the second half of a “We have blank at home” joke?

3 Likes

You say this is bad, have you looked at it’s competitors? You get an update every 2-3 months at best, with mostly variations (or only variations in Need for Speeds case) of already existing cars, 4 new models every month sounds good in comparison to that.

And also, how is the playlist any less/more tedious than the endgame of older Horizons?
FH2’s endgame was just “Do a championship in the same type of car 6 times, repeat for every car category in the game”, FH3’s was “Do these 64 championships, then… nothing else.”.

At the minimum, people very likely wanted the Lynk & Co 03, due to it snatching the record for the fastest FWD (and the fastest Saloon) car at the Nürburgring back in 2019 (from the Megané Trophy-R and Jaguar XE SV Project 8 respectively), and a Nürburgring record (a real one, not some internal one) is a pretty big milestone for any company.

And also, most of the cars you mentioned aren’t anywhere close to the Top 50, the only ones that are are one Kia, and that’s with the least ordinary model they ever made, the Stinger, which doesn’t help your argument, and the others are the Dodge Neon and the 2010 Mazda 3

In fact, more people want another 930 than a Cavalier in the game.

What “nostalgia pool”?
Those are 2 fully-fledged modern TCR cars, one of which dominated the WTCR up until pulling out in 2022 due to Tire Safety Concerns.
If they were gunning for a Nostalgiapool, wouldn’t they go for cars like the M3 GTR and the Nissan Skyline GT-R JTC Car instead of two modern Touring Cars?

I do think people are receiving the Wuling Hongguang S well due to what they’ve done with it, and because it is a pretty ordinary car (again, the lack of those has been a point of contention for the community for a while)

The XPeng is likely there to fulfill the “The Car you own” part of the mission statement from Turn10 from a while back, because

A. The car is gaining traction, so the likelihood of an owner of one of those cars playing the game increases

B. The game is penetrating the Chinese Market, and they do have an interest to represent them on that 3-Step Ladder too, as that drives sales.

1 Like

There used to be 5-7 new cars every month. Probably more than that. But that was back when car packs cost money, so there was financial incentive to put quality into each and every pack, instead of this mobile-game-but-not-really-a-mobile-game garbage we have now.

Because Horizon 2 and 3’s endgames were optional, not required, and Horizon 2 had the added bonus of not holding stuff behind timegates (the unfortunate and stupid thing with Porsche and the Forza Hub aside). But, of course, you knew this already.

…Haven’t even bothered playing the game, have you? How many times has the name of the Carrera Panamerica and other famous races been invoked in Horizon 5’s inane Stories?

…Two of them? Well, that’s amazing. I need to go lie down now. Meanwhile, Horizon 3 had at least 10 GT-spec racers. But please, do entice me with your two Touring Cars. And yes, the M3 GTR and R32 GT-R race cars should be in this game, as should dozens of others. The Classic Racers segment of this game shouldn’t consist solely of the GT40 Mk. II, the 330 P4, and that Penske Lola, and that’s just one decade and change of racing history.

1 Like

The growth of gamer counts in China has been stagnating since 2020 and will likely decline plus non-mobile game revenue in China accounts for only 24% of its market and equals barely half that of the US.

The CCP is currently on a major collision course with the free world and this is not the time to cozy up to them.

1 Like

Honestly, at risk of putting my neck out there, I don’t care for either daily drivers or EVs. Just not what I’m interested in.

1 Like

Honestly having the big ticket brand new vehicle of expansion 2 be the lightning was…disappointing? I wouldn’t have minded so much if it was just a playlist thing but to be THE new road vehicle for dlc2 is really disappointing. EVs are boring enough IRL but they’re even more boring in fh5, would’ve rather seen the new TRX. (don’t worry though, they’ll probably just recycle the one from fh4 in a future series).

Ive seen this suggestion on reddit. I bet consoles limitations play a role? One example of a gigantic map i can think of is the crew 2.

And look at that game… One full map means so many issues down the line. Like worse game performance and significantly worse graphics and fidelity. That game is also locked at 60fps on pc. And was at 30fps locked for consoles.

Just the amount of bugs/glitches this would cause for the game. It might seem so simple at glance to just connect the map and expansion but i bet no dev in their right mind would ever go for something like this. Especially in a game that prides itself for being pretty

3 Likes

To be fair though, that’s a Ubisoft game, so bugs and glitches are a standard feature.

To be fair, I’ve been playing TC2 for the past 2 weeks now or more without one single bug or glitch. I can’t play FH5 one day without a bug or glitch screwing with the game.

3 Likes

Dreamer!

I’d stop there but you can’t do a one word post.

1 Like

I have been playing The Crew 2 for over a year now and have never experienced a bug or glitch. This is just one of the reasons I find TC2 to be a more enjoyable game than Horizon 5.

2 Likes