Introduce A Garage, Showroom, Or Display Area

Forza Horizon is a car game. The games are focused primarily on cars and car culture. However, one feature that is sorely missing from the Horizon games is that ability to show off our cars, and use our avatars to walk around a 3D environment. I would like to see a feature where we can choose 10-12 of our favourite cars, and organise them in a 3D environment such as a garage, showroom, or even a car show setting, then “walk” around them like you would in real life! Grand Theft Auto V has pretty much had a similar feature since 2013!

We previously had “Car Meets” in the Horizon series, which were halfway there, but not executed very well. Perhaps we could have a “show and tell” game mode, where we can show off our favourite cars from our collections in different settings? Eg, customisable garages, or a showroom, or an empty field made to look like a car show! We could have an option to invite our friends to come and look around, and be able to display the cars any way we choose just like we can in the Forzavista mode (such as open bonnets, doors etc)

This would also enable us to be able to take photos of multiple cars at once, perhaps all decked out in matching liveries or colours! There could also be an online “gallery” to showcase our photos, or share links to invite others to come and view. This would also give more purpose to the avatars.

SUGGESTION:

1. Add a feature where we can collect and display a dozen cars, and use our avatars to view the displayed vehicles, and take group photos of our displayed cars together.

2. Ability to invite friends or other players to "walk " around and view the cars on display.

3. Ability to share a link in order to invite others to visit the display.

Legs may be way too out of the scope of this game, but a place where we could enter in open world and choose like 3-5 cars for showoff would be amazing

9 Likes

a place for other people to see your cars would be pretty cool to so like you can put 5-10 cars on display on your garage wich is accsesable by anna

2 Likes

Even just to be able to view a room full of our favourite cars would be nice, even if they don’t add Avatar functionality. One of the best features of GTA V is the ability to view a garage full of cars in your faction’s colours / matching liveries. It just seems very odd that a car game like Forza Horizon doesn’t have this, with our “garages” simply being an endless scrolling list.

The only way to photograph multiple cars in one shot is to have friends online in the cars that you wish to photograph. We previously had “Car Meets”, which was halfway there, but failed in the execution. I’d love to drive up to a virtual “Car Show”, drive my car into place, and roam around in camera mode viewing what other cars are attending

7 Likes

I completely agree. I was playing xbox back in the day of Project Gotham Racing 3 which was over 15 years ago, and you could display your favorite cars in varying environments, better ones you unlock with progression. Credit to Bizzare Creations, this was incredible for its time.

Fast forward to 2022, we have consoles capable of handling some of the biggest maps and highest detail we have ever seen. Yet we still cannot showcase our vehicles properly in a garage environment, with games such as forza which label themselves as an immersive car driving and racing experience.

Forza horizon clearly has a focus on immersion and realism. That is killed when I can only view my car collection through a list. Give us a sense of progression, in the first player house have a small area for storing/showing our cars, say capacity of 2 or 3. It doesnt even need to be visible by anyone else but the player. As we move up to bigger and better houses, garage capacity increases and the environment can differ between them such as a garage/workshop and an outdoor barn type driveway area. Allow us to walk around these environments and exit/enter the cars we wish to use.

Another immersion killer is that i have to purchase new cars through a menu. Lets have car showroom buildings, one for each manufacturer. If i want a lamborghini, i will have to drive to the lamborghini showroom and look around at the range.

Immersion friendly additions like this will add days of playing time for many people.

1 Like

Project Gotham Racing did this really well. You could make excellent screenshots there and make the ultimate showroom or car collection garage. There were also easter eggs to be found, something that’s missing in Forza.

2 Likes

A cool garage/showroom you can walk about in could not only showcase your cars better, but give the outfits more purpose too.

3 Likes

GTA V just rolled out a new update with huge emphasis on a new customisable 50-car garage! Currently the game has some 60-car garages also. Forza Horizon - a dedicated car game - has zero. :confused:

Developers of the game need to take note of what a 10 YEAR OLD game is doing. This is what players want. We want an area to display our cars, and use our (otherwise useless) avatars to virtually “walk around” said area and view the cars up close. Forzavista mode is alright and all, but it’s not enough.

Right now I’d take a garage, parking lot, car meet, grassy field, or even a car or two on my Home driveway. Something. Anything. I want to show off my fleet of cars with matching liveries to other online players

2 Likes

Every new version of this game I wish for there to be some kind of showroom to show off our favorite cars. Come on let’s make it happen this time!

2 Likes

Keep this thread alive, every racing game today should have this too.

2 Likes

The ability to display your cars at your houses in Forza

An incredible part of having car collections is the ability to display them for others to admire. I would like to suggest the idea for Forza to implement garages for displaying cars. Some of the greatest car collections in the world combine a huge variety of cars with beautiful display locations. If we could have a designer building that displays 100 of our favorite cars… that would be TOP!

Please consider this.
Thanks,

I would love to be able to display some of the cars we own on our driveway at our player houses so i can admire them when i drive by & even switch cars if need be…

1 Like

If I am not wrong, this is something that will be added in the new FM. If it catch, it will probably be added to Horizon tpp

I love this idea! Rolling up to your “Home” house, and seeing several of your favourite cars parked outside. Bigger houses would have more slots to showcase more cars. :heart_eyes:

However, the issue with this would be that it would have to be player-side. You couldn’t have your cars visible on multiplayer “Horizon Life” mode, as two or more people may also have set the same house as their home.

1 Like

I think a garage would be good also, so you can choose your most favourite cars. You could maybe buy bigger ones and view your cars in them. It might be easiest to have it accessible from all houses.

Ive found something really cool here! Bare with me you wont be disappointed i promise!

Yesterday as i was going through this forum i found a Q&A video from horizon 4 made by AR12

In this video he’s playing a forza horizon 4 demo. Particularly id like to point your attention towards the garage in this demo. Just play the video and it will start exactly where im asking you to look at.

Wouldnt it be amazing if thats how this feature was to be implemented in horizon?
In the case of this demo there are only 3 cars on display but maybe you could add space for more? There are even some characters in the background chatting! Thats cool. It feels soo immersive. And you get this little cinematic thats 1000 times better than the current cinematic whenever you click drive to exit the garage.
On top of that having different player houses and garages will bring soo much more variety to this.

PG/Turn 10 youve got to have this in the next game!!! You can easily get this demo as a basis and improve on some aspects of it and refine it.

I think it would be cool if you have a car shed/garage that you can walk through, and that you can put some of your favorite cars there. And where you can walk past and around the cars.

This is a good idea, similar to what they had is Project Gotham Racing 4, could even had a little arcade machine you could play a game on with a friend.

This is a callback to a feature from Project Gotham back in the day. At each house, we should be able to select multiple cars from our garage that’ll appear at each “home”. If not directly accessible from the game at least let it be explorable from the home when at a home location. # of cars at home location dependent on size of house.

I’d love to have a house where I had all of the cars from TFAF 1 where it looks like I’m Dom with my “Family”

and another house where I have a collection of red vintage Ferraris…or a “New Money” house where I have a Lambo, McLaren, Bentley…etc.

Just a thought.