Imagine the outrage if at 24H Le Mans one hyper car did ~15 sec faster lap speeds then all others

Imagine this screeshot:

You know people would been furious.

So then why is it ok in Forza? How come a tune can shave you off so much time?
I dont think its OK. Tune on lemans imo should do a max 1 or 2 seconds off. But in real life there are like 1 or 2 guys in each lobby who does below 3:30, and all other cant get below 3:40 - none of them gets to finish.

The skill range of drivers in Forza is vastly wider than that of real-world racers, regardless of the track/series. Tunes play only part of the story. Not sure if you’re talking about the FMP Spec-Series Enduro event at the moment or just an Open Multiplayer event, but I can get down to maybe 3:35 during qualifying on softs and then 3:35-37 during the race on Mediums if I short-stint (the race does benefit from rubbering in though). I don’t think I’ve seen a single pole-sitter under 3:32 except maybe for one alien 3:28 but given the length of the lap even that is only 3% faster, on a short track like Lime Rock that would only be 2 seconds quicker which is well within the realms of believability.

Another big factor is that a lot of people plain don’t know how to drive the hypercars well, and also generally just suck at Le Mans (there are a few key areas where you can make up massive amounts of time with practice and the right tune, some of which are counterintuitive).

4 Likes

Tbh tune alone takes off max 1s of lap time (if all players have atleast some IQ to reduce downforce to minimum on lemans)

I actually run close to max downforce even at Le Mans (sometimes dial it back to around ~50-75%), it suits my driving style much more and helps that little bit extra if you decide to push for one more lap on the Hards and then short-stint on Mediums at the end. I still get 3:37 on the Hards and 3:35s on Meds during the race, and 3:33-35 on Softs during quali, during the race you can draft down the Mulsanne to help with the speed deficit (I usually get to just on 320/200 before each of the chicanes) and then you make up bulk time through the Porsche and Ford Curves (this is where track knowledge comes in - there are big gains waiting for those who can nail the complex just right).

Add in consistent pace and a good strategy, and I’m basically guaranteed a podium even with one or two aliens in the pack. I either triple-stint Hards 6-6-5 with the bare minimum of fuel for each leg, or H-H-M 7-6-4 but I lose a couple of seconds on that 7th lap as the tyres fall off the cliff so I only do it if I feel I have to be super-aggressive on the Meds at the end.

You are seriously underestimating how terrible many of the base tunes are. The amr pros stock gear ratios have it hitting like 600kmh haha. Others will have insanely high tire pressures or nonsensical cambers.

I bet a stock tune vs a premium tune will be at least 3-10 seconds in this game on average because some of the tunes really are as if the developers just clicked a randomize button.

1 Like

I don’t rly take gearing as part of tune, u just have to adjust it for all cars anyway (ad it’s not hard to set 1st gear for lunch, last gear for top speed, and then equal speed difference between gears (like 30km/h increase on each gear), good baseline to work with.

And I personalny made tune calc for myself so all cars have similar good handling for me xd I just keep alignment, tyre pressure and suspension geometry stock for some car identity.

But on most of cars I tested, default tune (adjusted gearing and downforce and 100/0 diff) is close to what I can tune out, tho some cars are just tricky to drive.

The other thing, meta tunes are focused on dive-bombing into corner and using acceleration to get out on exit. In higher class cars, while default tunes are more understeery and u need slow entry and use throttle to rotate car on corner exit (tho it’s best to 100/0 diff with default tunes).