If Forza added a community series

I stuck it up on the suggestions hub here: Create and share single player race series , But if you could create a race series for the community, what would yours be?
(whatever track/ cars you want- because it’ll likely never happen, but it’s fun to dream)
Mine would be:
B class
Eligible cars: Hot Hatch Icons, Sport Coupe Icons, Street Drag Cars, Vintage Exotic GT, Vintage Muscle, and Vintage Sport Compact

Tracks:
Road Atlanta
Lime Rock Full Alt
Laguna Seca Full
Tsukuba full
Suzuka full
Mount Panorama
Spa
Mugello Full
Brands Hatch Full
Goodwood Circuit

20 min timed races.

Let’s hear yours.

6 Likes

This is an idea I had been thinking about the other day too. Hopefully possible.

3 Likes

I think it would a lot of fun to see what other players could come up with, and they could maybe do a “featured community series” as part of the monthly updates in the regular builders cup for a prize car.

It would go a long way towards making the single player experience feel less empty, and other than the infrastructure in the game code, the dev’s wouldn’t really have to put much effort into it afterwards.

3 Likes

Now this is something. Something fresh and new. I agree on this take.

Sounds a bit like Clubs mode in EA SPORTS WRC, where players can build custom championships for others to compete in asynchronously.

3 Likes

Pretty much along those lines. Just something to make the single player part of the game more interesting. Yeah, sure there’s the free-play races, but those ALWAYS seem to default at some point to “VIR at night, in the rain”- and there’s no sense of completion with those. It’s just “race until you get bored with it”.

Give us player created championships, and maybe attach a creator designed sticker for completing it. I imagine all the mechanics already exist in game to do it, so implementing something like this would be pretty low effort for the devs.

3 Likes

I wrote about the same thing not too long ago, but not in the shub. Its basically a blueprint system like what horizon has. While i think they should add something like this i have a feeling it would never happen. They seem to want to cut down things that take up server space, minimal multiplayer lobbies, minimal replay length, no stats, no auction house, no storefront etc.

I would like to see race options to be expanded to create different scenarios for something like this, like actual challenges. Start a race with 50% tire wear, or X amount of fuel and you cant pit. Or everybody’s favorite gt7 race, a last to first challenge, this could actually be done now with a timed race and staggered starts. Theres a lot that could be done.

3 Likes

Basically I’d do the things I already do for fun.

Nordschleife. Formula 60s. 1 hour. Variable weather. 24x time progression. 1.5s roll out. That’s it. That’s the whole series. Now this is podracing Formula One.

Otherwise 4 races, medium length, random weather, random time of day.

Multiclass races. Either same period but different types (like Vintage Le Mans Prototypes, S; Vintage Le Mans Sportscars, A), or same type but different periods (like Vintage Sport Compact, D; Early Sport Compact, C; Modern Sport Compact, B).

Spec races. Like 300PS max, 1200kg min, RWD, A class, any division.

Group/Team races. Like Rear/Rear vs Front/Front, B class. Like Nissan GT-R AWD vs Porsche 911 vs Corvette RWD, S class. Or GT40 MkI vs GT40 MkII vs GT '05 vs GT '17, R class.

3 Likes

Showroom Stock Multi Class. Any era would be fine (Firehawk/Motorola/Speedvision/Grand Am/Continental Tire/Michelin Pilot).

Minimal upgrades (cage, weight, brakes, suspension), hard slicks only, use all real tracks in-game.

3 Likes