Hotfix 7.1 Game crashes to desktop exiting menus PC

When backing out of menus (such as leaving garage, exiting settings menu, or backing out of the featured multiplayer menu) game will randomly freeze and crash to desktop.

Issue not present prior to 7.1 hotfix

I have the same thing but on xbox.

Yup same here. The same happens after every multiplayer race too, every update seems to improve one thing and break another. When the game works, I love it.

1 Like

Same for me on pc

Just happened to me too.
I just finished one of the career tour series, as soon as I clicked on the next series the game froze on me and closed itself.

Voted

Same issue here on PC.

1 Like

95% or more of the time, any type of race. Just started since hotfix 7.1

1 Like

Same here. The game (1.577.9494.00) crashes during startup after compiling the shaders.
Windows 10, latest Nvidia 552.22 (RTX 3080), the game installation is completely new and game profile was reset before I tried the new installation. The PC was rebooted many times, and all Windows updates are installed.

Often, I get the message “could not sync game data with the cloud” and tried to start offline, but it’s still crashing after the message “update is installed”.

UPDATE:
I could solve the problem on my PC.
I used this guide: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC and made the steps from part " Clear Xbox Live Credentials". After this, I logged out and in again in the XBOX app and after reboot the PC the game start without the Cloud-Error-message.

Since the hotfix that the developers completely screwed up, I’ve only had crashes
At the moment it is absolutely unplayable

1 Like

I just tried to play, looked at the featured cars in the “buy cars” tab, went to back out, and crashed to desktop… again.

It would seem that actually testing their fixes is simply too much to ask of Turn10.