Horizon Promo in FH4

If nothing else, I’ll just take photos of all of my cars. Probably doesn’t count that I already took plenty pics of the cars?

As usual I just hate that they lock a new car behind a new system, but I liked the Horizon Promo. I’m very happy to see the return of this system.
Thank you, PG!

Well, it’s no secret that there is a bias in the drivatars choice of car in FH4.
In other words, if we use custom blueprints for Horizon Promo, we should probably create a car listing that doesn’t include these cars.
These cars are particularly frequently used by drivatars.

• 2015 Audi TTS
  • 1985 Ford RS200
  • 2011 Ford Transit Super Sport Van Forza Edition
  • 2017 Ford Focus RS
  • 2018 Ford Mustang GT
  • 1989 Formula Drift BMW 325i
  • 1995 Formula Drift #118 Nissan 240SX
  • 1996 Formula Drift #232 Nissan 240SX
  • 1997 Formula Drift #777 Nissan 240SX
  • 2006 Formula Drift Dodge Viper SRT10
  • 2015 Formula Drift #13 Ford Mustang
  • 2016 Formula Drift #530 HSV Maloo Gen-F
  • 2016 Jeep Trailcat
  • 1982 Lancia 037 Stradale
  • 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept Forza Edition
  • 2010 Pagani Zonda R Forza Edition

Also, these cars may be counted separately as a separate car from the base model.

• 1964 Austin FX4 Stories (Isha’s Taxi, or some showcase remixes)
  • 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Stories (LaRacer@Horizon)
  • 2011 Ford Transit Super Sport Van Stories (Express Delivery)
  • 1983 GMC Vandura Stories (Express Delivery)

Would be great if they somehow added a quick snap feature for this mode.

Holding up on d-pad to “load” photo mode, take pics, register/confirm promo cars, and then click No to “save and upload”. Rinse and repeat 500 times. Gotta be a more efficient way than this.

1 Like

Hello ! I have a proble : I have all the houses in fh4, but when i take a shot it doesn t appeares that horizon promo window…it just puts me to save it or delete…what should I do ?

unless photo icon appears over car, feature is not active.

Is the update out yet??

This feature will give you reason to just cruise around and stalk those other cars like prey!

2 Likes

Update is now live

1 Like

Anyone knows if pics need to be taken on the road, or can I go ham in Forzavista?

Can be taken anywhere, i’m just using custom events so i can capture multiple cars at the same time

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

200 cars isn’t too bad, I just did 100 in about 30 minutes. All I did was starts a race, pick a car, photo the cars, quit the race, start the same race, but change my car. It’s fast.

Switching cars/classes and taking pictures of the starting grids works like a charm. I got the Portofino in less than an hour.

3 Likes

I literally have the update installed and the promo isn’t even there for me, just the original photo mode.

Now there’s a bunch of stalkers around, will have to drive in common car for a while. Camaro PO, Capri FE, Cougar, Ford F-150 DD draw too much attention :confused:

You have to drive from your house, to get some short information from Keira, then whole thing starts.

1 Like

I Found that Keira didn’t want to talk to Me until I visited Sunflower Meadows (the Player House in Ambleside) , after I did, that Promo Mode fired Right up, so, it seems Visiting that House might be the Trigger to Enable the Promo Mode.

The “Horizon Promo” feature is gonna be a real pain for those who have 691 cars as each photo takes at least 30 seconds to “Process”.

As an experiment, I took a photo with no new cars in shot and although the status “No new cars in shot” was displayed immediately, the spinning “Process” animation still took 30 seconds to complete with no way of backing out.

One of the things that has that poiled my biss in FH4 is how long photos take to process and that’s before attempt to save them only to discover you have no slots available. Now we’ve gotta spend a minimum of 6 hours photographing cars.

I’m 2.5 weeks into a 3 month stint of self isolation so 6 hours won’t be that much of an issue personally :smirk:

Curious about the ‘no slots available’ comment though, I’ve only ever had a maximum of 33 so does that mean I’ll have to delete some so that I can save new pics for the feature to register?

You don’t have to save the photo for it to register. As soon as you take the pic and get the “new car” notification, press B a couple of times to back out without saving.

1 Like

Gotcha :+1:t5:

Cheers for the info guys :slightly_smiling_face: