Horizon Edition cars found in barn finds

I feel as though barn finds should be a much more rewarding part of the game… I made this topic its own because even though i agree with others and think this topic would be better if combined with some of them, like ViperG29’s - “Future Horizons : Barn Finds” topic. I made this topic seperate so i can start with the root and build it from there.

Horizon Edition cars as Barn Finds

Barn Finds were amazing in the first 2 or 3 Horizon games but they seem to be losing the appeal as the rest of the games make leaps and bounds in every other field. They need to be drastically updated to keep up with everything else. I present this concept…

Horizon Edition

1. One of a kind cars found in barn finds or out in the open in dense jungles, dry river/lake beds during dry season, hidden in city alleyways, etc.

2. Stock cars found in game that have been HEAVILY customized in different ways with exclusive parts, e.g., different colors/liveries that are a stock option on that particular H.E., modified engine placement, full offroad lift kit, stripped out race interior, door & panel deletes, in-house Horizon rims or unlockable aftermarket new to horizon rims and newly designed in-house Horizon wideboy kits ranging from subtle to extravagant.

3. Meant to accompany F.E. cars and not replace(due to major differences between F.E. & H.E.).

4. Used in individual “Horizon Stories” that has the player doing a things like “Showcase” & “Expedition” events(& possibly “Midnight Battles” and “Bucket List” if they make a full return)tailored specifically for their own H.E. car.

5. Each car fully unlocked after completing event/events attached to that particular car. And can then be sold, tuned, painted and customized by the player if they choose to do so.

6. Possibly More added to game, one at a time in each series?

concept

Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo 1994

–Mid Engine, 530 horsepower, all wheel drive, grip focused, stock interior modified for racing(not just replaced), custom widebody kit and exclusive rims.

-Found in river bed during dry season.

-2.6L I6 TT(needs repair/replace) +30mins/-$10000

-All wheel drivetrain(needs repair/replace) +35mins/-$8000

-6 speed transmission(needs repair/replace) +25mins./-$4000

-Rays Volk TE37V MK II rims(needs repair)

-Door delete custom fitted roll cage(needs repair)

-Custom subtle or extravagant widebody kit(needs repair)

-Custom optionals((e.g. roof spoiler, roof scoop, carbon mirror) needs repair/replace) +10mins./-$800

-Severe flood damage to interior(needs repair) +15 mins.

-Damaged exclusive special paint or livery(needs repair)

–Restored after buying new parts to finish faster or spending time repairing old parts to save money(See ViperG29’s - “Future Horizons : Barn Finds”)

-First drive(expedition), meet up with scott tyler(talks about car) then drive to the site of the all new Horizon Legends Outpost.(H.E. Legends outpost unlocked)

-Second drive(midnight battle), race Rami down the mountain touge style, because if he remembers correctly he lost to this exact fairlady a few years ago

-Third drive(showcase), the word is getting out about this legendary car, so naturally it’s time to race a motorcycle or something crazy like that.

-Fourth drive(Bucket list), the horizon guys did some digging and found out the owner was trying to beat a skill score when he hit the water, hes ok though, and he says the car is yours, all he wants is the necklace he left in it, lets beat that score for him.

–H.E. and some customization parts unlocked

-Sell it, tune it, paint it, customize it. Its yours now.

-Get a call from Rami, he’s heard of a few other amazing cars that got left behind, he’ll give you a call if anything pops up.

–Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock 1968

-Racing V12 engine.

-Lifted and widened offroad baja kit.

-etc.

-etc.

-etc.

You get the idea now…

Plus, during the restoration process in game, make it more of a thing that you are involved in the process. You pick the colour & wheels. etc…

1 Like

Hello, im_iz_PandA!

Excellent proposal with the barns, but it doesn’t make sense when you literally cannot exchange, donate, sell or even delete the car, you are obliged to keep the car, and for example in my experience so far 95% of the vehicles I have found I I didn’t like it and I could make it available to anyone interested and that person would be willing to buy it, or even I could give it away and the next driver would be happy with the car. Following this reasoning, these cars found can also be from 2010 to 2018, not necessarily old or very old as there are top of the line versions as I mentioned (Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TFSI Sport Quattro 2014), and that you may have to restore or simply repair some things to then enjoy the car on the road and take long trips, a game with so much potential should explore this path that in my opinion would be key points to captivate even more players and fans. The limitation of some versions can also be made examples 10 units or 30 units and players can exchange with each other or even see on the road and manage to make a proposal to the other player being only the sale or exchange for another vehicle, and in some cases can be given the car plus the difference in cash. If the car is yours, you decide 100% what to do with it, you are not obligated to keep a certain car for any other reason.