Hidden Horizons (Series 38) overview | content update Sep. 10

Really into the cars we can unlock this season and oh my gosh is that a second coming of the Nissan Safari?! I am SO there!

1 Like

For 5 months straight production cars are given…only 1 concept car was added, the n74…u still think they will add race cars to horizon!!well i would also love to have all of those…I’m just sick of these production cars.

I am excited that Chaser is finally adding it, but at the same time I am concerned.
That is that the body kit they have preview is the usual “Forza” GT style wide body kit, which is not at all suitable for this car.

Of course, not all people will make Chaser that way, but the community that Chaser mainly belongs to is drift or VIP, and the style of body kit preferred by these communities is a completely different style design than that Forza body kit.

This image is of the X81 Mark II, but this is also the style preferred for Chaser.

Did they understand what kind of people like the Chaser and what kind of style they wanted to customize it to?
Or did they add it without thinking, because it was “high on their wish list”?

Of course, the body kit they preview was only a wide body kit, so there could still be a cool body kit with the “right” style in the aero and wing section that was not seen in the streaming.
But if not, and all we have is the usual ugly Forza splitter and Forza spoiler, then this car will only turn into a reason for little disappointment.

5 Likes

is this a drift edition?it seems one. cool.
production cars boring until they’re being modified for some specific purposes.I don’t drive production cars at all…similarly i won’t touch that chaser as well. but if it was drifter i’m sure i’d drift it for the whole month!!
this one-

or this one-

The Chaser and Polestar are solid additions. Could live without the WRX and Evo though.

The next series sounds are lot more interesting.
I’m a huge fan of 90s cars because, well I grew up with them.

The hope to see one of the era’s exotic supercars in Forza hasn’t vanished completely. Maybe now is the time.
Vector W8/M12, Cizeta V16T, Lister Storm, Toyota GT-One Road Car, Dodge Copperhead, Ford GT90 to only name some.

Would also love to see RUF coming back with one of their iconic 90s cars.

5 Likes

jeremy-clarkson-not-bad
You know, I kind of like what cars are coming up. Can’t really complain.

8.10AM BST is an unusual time for an update

so in theory we get that Jordan Luka car right after midnight PST, about 8 hours from now

After a glitchy start here in China this afternoon (the xbox app looked to be set to download the whole game again), the update is arriving. 12.9Gb on PC.

Our first post launch Forza Edition car if I’m not mistaken.

Starts out at A800 RWD. Will need to spend more time with it to form a solid opinion but I’m not blown away at this time.

6 Likes

Plenty of shoe paintjobs to come I’m sure, mine’s already in my head, and it’s pretty empty in there :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Not true

Also not true

I think there was this utterly terrible Mini Cooper EV Forza Edition during the first year.

Does the Camaro have any weight reduction?
In Motorsport it hasn’t and isn’t any special at either A700 or S800.

1 Like

The only one i can see happening is the Venturi Atlantique that was scanned 6 years ago at this point, Vector isn’t happening, the Dodge Concept Car doesn’t have much interest in it, the GT-One would be hard to get ahold of, same with the GT90.

If that happens, it’d 100% be the CTR2 that was leaked back in November 2019.

Seriously a leaderboard for hide and seek, but nothing for Eliminator still?
How about just basic bug fixes and balance improvements at least (adding a new level 1 car doesn’t count)

1 Like

No

New game mode is really disappointing. 99% win-rate in favor of hider. Looks pretty much like it got hardly tested or not at all. Sad one cause it would have got potential to be fun.

I figured they wanted the update with the new mode to go live near the start of their work day instead of the end just in case they need to quickly react to something.

Update is 11.45 GB on Series X.

lol one more reason to never play it

1 Like