***GSW Ring Time Contest***

As some of you know the GSW Crew enjoys running around the Ring…

I am going to get together with GSW Outlaw (he dont know this yet lol) and we are going to run some cars. Both of us have limited time and what better way to do it then Running Contest Cars.

Rules:
B Class - All Cars Allowed, any drivetrain.
Entry Deadline - October 15, 2015. 11:59 pm EST (-5GMT)

Also, you may create a Paint for me to DL. All it must have is your GT.

Drivers:
GSW Knucklehead
DUST2DEATH

2 Likes

Entry List/Reviews

These times/reviews are posted by KH (Capt. Slow).

7:41.644 - gtFOOTw - 1990 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - After 6 laps and 5 of them dirty, I finally got something clean. This thing is just… DIFFERENT!!! Felt like a stock gearbox and on the first laps was trying to change and get the high rpms going then I figured out that the lower rpm torque was pulling it nicely. Once I got that right the next thing was my braking, lol. Well I got it all together on the 6th lap and there is still more in this American Muscle. Great job FOOT!!!

7:46.566 - MrGr3tsch - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II - This thing was glued to the track. It didn’t have the top end that JEZ’s 190E had but it was able to take the corner faster, and a couple I noticed I didn’t have to brake for or back off for. Great Job!!

7:46.762 - Furian Archer - 1998 Toyota Supra RZ - Man this thing feel like something that should be in A Class. Fast, Fast and Fast. It handled everything nearly perfect. It took me a extra lap to get clean and when I did it was still faster than any of my dirty laps. It reminded me of some of the Speed tunes for the ring from previous Forzas. I loved it!!! Great Job!!!

7:46.841 - JEZNASTY - 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II - Man this thing is very forgiving. I loved it. This is most definitely a keeper!!! There was not a lap that was dirty and I pushed harder and harder every lap to try to beat my PB. Curbs didn’t mess with it and even times the grass didn’t. Awesome Job JEZ!!!

7:47.001 - PTG Rosny - 1993 Nissan 240SX SE - I really enjoyed this thing. If feels like something that I would tune. A lil loose in the rear but still able to hold the turns. I was in and out of my ghost the whole lap, every lap except the standing. I thought I could get it but every time I came close the exit accel on the Supra would put it in front. Great Job Rosny.

7:48.030 - jfiler - 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R - A V8 Swap Monster. This thing hauls and turns and everything in between. Great Job J!!

7:48.979 - ECT LOCO Ubog - 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe - Great driving machine. There were a few spots that I had to watch entry points and speed to take some of the turns, but other than that this is GREAT!!!

7:48.255 - nuggies42o - 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe - American Muscle, Heavy and the sound of the SuperCharger. WHOO HOO. This thing was a blast to drive around the ring. The gearing was great and it felt like there was times it was not a Heavy American car, but an agile little Japanese car. Great Job!!

7:50.559 - Maxisone - 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track - This thing had the V8 Rumble to it. I had to watch myself coming into corner too hot, the rear kept trying to come around. Once I got that under control and was able to get a clean lap out of it, I really enjoyed running this thing, with some more seat time it could do better. Good Job.

7:51.997 - moparjay - 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI - You could tell that his was American Muscle. It felt heavy as most of them do, but it was still very controllable. I really enjoyed throwing this thing around The Ring. Good Job!!

7:52.461 - HLR Moss - 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe - This car was very forgiving. I ran the first lap clean, then pushed it too hard for a couple after that and finally got a clean lap. The curbs didnt even feel like they existed. Felt like it had full areo but didnt have any. Great Job Moss.

7:52.593 - Crucian4 - 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track - This car to me has to be perfect on brake points. I had a 7:51.9xx but it was dirty. It took me extra laps to get a clean lap. I kept chasing my LB time and would be faster in spots and then for some reason loose it from late braking. Other than that the car was spot on. The gears were perfect for the turn section between carousels.

7:52.692 - RelaxedPRKid - 2005 Honda NSX-R - This car is on rails. It didnt seem like I could do anything wrong in it. If I came in too hot it was easy to get under control. I really enjoyed running this car. Great job!!! The gearing was spot on for my driving style. The turn section after between the carousels felt like its home.

7:52.936 - W4RLOCK38 - 1997 Mazda RX-7 - Nice and grippy, just needed more top end. Sounded different running a rotary. I really enjoyed it as a whole. Nice Tune!!

7:53.117 - ECT UNTOUCHABLE - 2015 Ford Mustang GT - This car just sounds ANGRY!!! The only mistakes that I was making was coming into the turn section before start/finish line by down shifting too fast and the rear would come around. After a couple laps of that I figured it out. Other than that driver error part, this car is AWESOME. I loved it, loved the sound and it held everything very nicely. Just need more acceleration coming out of turn, that is where i was loosing my ghost.

7:53.398 - ALFREDOS NL - 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - That was not the sound I was expecting coming out of the Scubby. This thing is solid, only lacking top speed. There was not a turn that was messed up even if I came in too fast. It turned great. Good Job Alf!!

7:54.087 - SP01LED JAM1E - 2005 BMW M3 - Man this thing felt great. Just didn’t seem to have the exit accel needed to keep up with the other cars. I pushed it had and if I ended up braking late all I had to do was gear down and it seemed to decel perfectly. Great Job!!

7:54.751 - Manual Clutch - 1995 BMW 850CSi - What a fast car. Had to brake early a lot, also had to lift in places that I didn’t have to lift for any of the other tunes. I did see 180+ going down the long straight. Just a little too much power for the tightness of the Ring. Would be a great car for some of the speed tracks like Daytona 24 hr or Le Mans.

7:55.417 - Silent Flower - 1973 Ford Capri RS3100 - This car felt a little twitchy to me. Sometimes it was controllable and other time it was not. There were a few turns that no matter which way I took them it had to go much slower then a lot of the other cars.

7:56.101 - Papa Hortis - 2013 Mazda MX-5 Cup - Very smooth and predictable car. Who doesn’t love a V8 swapped Mazda. lol

7:58.002 - AlpineArts - 2003 Toyota Celica SS-I - Gotta watch yourself with this car. It will punish you. I first thought it felt too tight in the springs, maybe even a little bouncy, but as you drive it you notice all the grip it has and the bounce is under control. I did have a few problems with some of the high speed turns with the rear wanting to slide out some. Nice tune all in all!!

7:59.924 - PPiDrive - 2001 Audi RS 4 Avant - Very solid tune. It took everything I through at it with style. It was on lacking in Top Speed. I was chasing my ghost and on the straits it was being left behind.

8:02.511 - HLR Mick - 2002 Acura RSX Type-S - FWD woo hoo. I could feel the torque steer. The only problem I had with it at all was a couple places I hit the bricks on the back side of the Curbs and caused some sliding, but I noticed if I kept it off the bricks there was no problems.

8:04.271 - DreamyGhost1402 - 1994 Honda Prelude Si - I loved the way this car handled. I just need some more top end. The only thing I would change is making 3rd gear a little longer for the curve section between the carousels.

8:09.242 - daylight rider - 2013 Abarth Punto Supersport - All in all not a bad tune. It is just lacking top end. Not too much torque steer at all in the FWD. I really enjoyed it, but I think it would do better in the short/grip tracks. Good Job!!

Reviews from DUST2DEATH

Furian Archer - 98 Supra.

This thing is near perfect. I dont know if this is the fastest build for this car around the ring or not. I cant even be bothered to find out.
I dont know who you are, or where you came from, but you just went to the top of my list of tuners to look out for.

PTG Rosny - 240SX

Almost had the chops to take out the supra but I had a hard time putting the power down when I really needed to. Very easy to break traction causing lost time.
I believe its the diff at fault here.

Maxisone - Genesis

The short gearing here both helped you, and hindered you. I never went lower than 4th. The gears being so short I was always very high in the rpm which made it super easy to slip the tyres and lose the back end. The gearing in this car is responsible for the twitchy nature. Fun ride but not for the beginner.

gtFOOTw - 90 Camaro IROC-Z.

What a damn surprise, but your gearing totally killed it. Often I was in between gears through various turns. Either bang the limiter or be low in the rpm reducing turn in when I needed more.
Stock box?

Loco - 1M

No aero monster. Pleanty of mechanical grip but not enough to hang on in the turns having to back off the throttle. Car was well balanced.

HLR Moss - 1M
Half aero build. Pleanty of grip with a neutral balance but not enough power over all. Just couldnt catch the no aero version of Loco’s

AlpineArts - Celica
This car is not for the beginner. I tried chasing your ghost, you threw the anchor out the window at every turn. I couldnt match how you were driving it. I tried, hard. Get your line wrong in this car and it will punish you. The ride height is too low. the car bottoms out in various places around the track.

jfiler - S15
A well balanced car here, pleanty of power but throttle control was a must. Not much else to say.

W4RLOCK38 - RX7
This car flew through the turns, all of them, but ultimately was under powered for the track itself. Too much handling.

UNTOUCHABLE - 2015 Mustang
It was balanced nicely, had the top end but lacked the acceleration needed to push it into higher times.

RelaxedPRKid - NSX
Another balanced car, a little understeer here and there but only minor. Overall under powered for the track.

Crash220 - Trans AM
A loose car, did better than I expected. Throttle control a must.

Mudfistd4B - 302 Mustang
A weighty car needed to be more loose. I had issues where it would understeer through the faster turns causing me to back off the throttle when I wanted to be on it.

PPiDrive - RS4 Avant
Severe weight transition through faster turns causing a pendulum effect. Another that was too low bottoming out.

HLR Mick - RSX
Minor torque steer as expected with these FWD but this car was way to low. I was bottoming out everywhere which caused me to drop speed even when I was full throttle. Otherwise it was ok, but under powered.

moparjay - Plymouth GTX
Similiar to Mud’s car where it needed to be looser to get through the turns faster but couldnt due to understeer. Could do with more power.

Manual Clutch - 850CSi
Le mans tune. Way to much power. Crazy hard to drive around the ring.

DreamyGhost - Prelude.
Too much handling, not enough power.

Crucian4 - Genesis

A lighter genesis with less power compared to Maxisone’s. This lead to longer gearing (in comparison) creating a tighter tune. Made it harder to get through the turns in comparison leading to a slower time overall.
The suspension felt too stiff in some areas of the track, mostly in the front end of the car causing it to ‘bounce’ instead of riding the kerb’s/bumps.

PM sent regarding comparisons of your 2 builds.

Jeznasty - 190E

The first 190E in the comp, I expected high levels of grip which is exactly what I got. Even though the car was balanced reasonably well, there was too much front end grip which would push the rear out causing over rotation on corner exit. I had to make sure my lines were right for exit to avoid. This made certain track sections such as the carousel difficult at speed. Overall a good car, some adjustments would see this possibly into the 30’s. As it stands its the fastest 190E on the ring in B (although not on the boards for the obvious reason).

1 Like

Reporting in with the confirmation.

OK confirmed !!! LOL

Here is what I have so far. The only paints that I found was for Moss and Mud.

Thanks for running my car, and, for the feedback…it’s certainly appreciated!

PRKid

Ive ran all the cars submitted thus far (I hope I didnt miss any - If I did, let me know and I’ll get to it). The feedback is short and sweet, and brutally honest. Take it or leave it. if you want something more detailed feel free to PM me and ask away. Hopefully I will be able to answer all your queries to your satisfaction.

Furian Archer 1998 Toyota Supra 00:07:28.941
PTG Rosny 1993 Nissan 240SX SE 00:07:30.331 00:00:01.390
Maxisone 2013 Hyundai Genesis 00:07:31.105 00:00:02.164
gtFOOTw 1990 Camaro IROC-Z 00:07:31.912 00:00:02.971
ECT Loco Ubog 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe 00:07:33.489 00:00:04.548
HLR Moss 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe 00:07:33.792 00:00:04.851
AlpineArts 2003 Toyota Celica 00:07:33.800 00:00:04.859
jfiler 2000 Silvia Spec-R 00:07:33.815 00:00:04.874
W4RLOCK38 1997 Mazda RX7 00:07:37.084 00:00:08.143
ECT UNTOUCHABLE 2015 Ford Mustang GT 00:07:37.130 00:00:08.189
RelaxedPRKid 2005 Honda NSX-R 00:07:37.467 00:00:08.526
crash220 1977 Pontiac Trans AM 00:07:38.391 00:00:09.450
MudFistd4B 1969 Boss 302 Mustang 00:07:39.096 00:00:10.155
PPiDrive 2001 Audi RS4 Avant . 00:07:40.047 00:00:11.106
HLR Mick 2002 Acura RSX Type-S 00:07:41.339 00:00:12.398
moparjay 1971 Plymouth GTX 00:07:42.215 00:00:13.274
Manual Clutch 1995 BMW 850CSi 00:07:43.324 00:00:14.383
DreamyGhost1402 1994 Honda Prelude Si 00:07:45.082 00:00:16.141

Furian Archer - 98 Supra.

This thing is near perfect. I dont know if this is the fastest build for this car around the ring or not. I cant even be bothered to find out.
I dont know who you are, or where you came from, but you just went to the top of my list of tuners to look out for.

PTG Rosny - 240SX

Almost had the chops to take out the supra but I had a hard time putting the power down when I really needed to. Very easy to break traction causing lost time.
I believe its the diff at fault here.

Maxisone - Genesis

The short gearing here both helped you, and hindered you. I never went lower than 4th. The gears being so short I was always very high in the rpm which made it super easy to slip the tyres and lose the back end. The gearing in this car is responsible for the twitchy nature. Fun ride but not for the beginner.

gtFOOTw - 90 Camaro IROC-Z.

What a damn surprise, but your gearing totally killed it. Often I was in between gears through various turns. Either bang the limiter or be low in the rpm reducing turn in when I needed more.
Stock box?

Loco - 1M

No aero monster. Pleanty of mechanical grip but not enough to hang on in the turns having to back off the throttle. Car was well balanced.

HLR Moss - 1M
Half aero build. Pleanty of grip with a neutral balance but not enough power over all. Just couldnt catch the no aero version of Loco’s

AlpineArts - Celica
This car is not for the beginner. I tried chasing your ghost, you threw the anchor out the window at every turn. I couldnt match how you were driving it. I tried, hard. Get your line wrong in this car and it will punish you. The ride height is too low. the car bottoms out in various places around the track.

jfiler - S15
A well balanced car here, pleanty of power but throttle control was a must. Not much else to say.

W4RLOCK38 - RX7
This car flew through the turns, all of them, but ultimately was under powered for the track itself. Too much handling.

UNTOUCHABLE - 2015 Mustang
It was balanced nicely, had the top end but lacked the acceleration needed to push it into higher times.

RelaxedPRKid - NSX
Another balanced car, a little understeer here and there but only minor. Overall under powered for the track.

Crash220 - Trans AM
A loose car, did better than I expected. Throttle control a must.

Mudfistd4B - 302 Mustang
A weighty car needed to be more loose. I had issues where it would understeer through the faster turns causing me to back off the throttle when I wanted to be on it.

PPiDrive - RS4 Avant
Severe weight transition through faster turns causing a pendulum effect. Another that was too low bottoming out.

HLR Mick - RSX
Minor torque steer as expected with these FWD but this car was way to low. I was bottoming out everywhere which caused me to drop speed even when I was full throttle. Otherwise it was ok, but under powered.

moparjay - Plymouth GTX
Similiar to Mud’s car where it needed to be looser to get through the turns faster but couldnt due to understeer. Could do with more power.

Manual Clutch - 850CSi
Le mans tune. Way to much power. Crazy hard to drive around the ring.

DreamyGhost - Prelude.
Too much handling, not enough power.

Thank you Dust! :slight_smile:

PM Sent.

Well first thanks a lot D2D for your feedback and all your time you but in this contest!

Since i decidet that ill run the Celica without forza wings i knew that beginners will have there problems with it. FWD cars do love the wing on the front. :wink: But i run 5 sec faster without it on the ring… so its off.
Cause of the ride height - I do think its normal on the bumpy ring to bottom out sometimes - but ill check it out.

cheers

AlpineArts

Thanks for the feedback D2D…I was thinking it would be the case with the power requirements and top-end.

PRKid

Thanks for your comments guys, I fooled both you and Dust into thinking the car had no rear aero :slight_smile: I’ll let you into a secret, the stock BMW aero is fully adjustable and performs like the Forza wing. It also made my paint job look much better LOL. Great times guys and thanks for running this comp. I learn something with every one I enter.

Well KnuckleHead beat me to the review - I was just going to post the exact same comment. Since the Ring hit FM5 I have run clean exactly 4 times! #4 was the first standing lap I tried in this car and I was only 2 sec off my dirty Trans Am flying lap. Whhhyyyy did I take it for a test drive and not run rivals…why?.. :frowning: Great tune Moss, all cars need to erase curbing like this one.

Crash

1 Like

Thanks Crash, your comments are much appreciated and also thanks for running the car :slight_smile:

Here is everything that I have collected, if I missed something let me know.

Same. But Id forgotten how much faster d2d is than me. Lol

Results

Count me in.

As usual, IM IN…lol

Ooooh, i m so tempted, been a while since i entered a comp…

I m in

Have you 3 and not surprised either.

I added a couple that I will need to confirm but they are usually good for my contests.

Also changed OP. No Car Restrictions. It my be anything.