Gameplay - Game takes 20 seconds to calculate fuel when adjusting fuel load/tires

This has been happening since update 5. When you go into the menu to change tires/amount of fuel, the game takes a long time to calculate during which time you cannot leave the menu.

Can confirm this happens for me too

Yup. Same here.

Sometimes it even takes longer than 20 seconds:

The tuning menu and fuel & tyre menu takes wayyy too long to register changes during a full grid race. Tested on Series X, Free Play.

Happens to me as well (when I’m online)
Offline mode is not affected.

There’s a reoccurring bug within career mode where when selecting fuel amounts it can take up to 40 seconds before the calculation is complete.

You cannot select A or do anything until the calculation is complete. Also if this bug is occurring, when you adjust the fuel again you have to wait another 30-40 seconds… very frustrating.

Good workaround for this guys is to not set fuel until the actual race. Vs for practice.

That defeats the point of practicing so you can set up your tune.

Well they’ve kinda ruined practicing anyways. It’s now a pseudo practice/ qualification because they only give you 1-3 laps and your fastest time is used to estimate your finish position depending where you choose to start on the grid.

Most of the time it happens when the announcer is still talking about the track… Wait until she is finished.

Practicing hasn’t been ruined, the bug doesn’t happen all the time!

I’m simply highlighting that it’s there and needs the developers attention to fine tune the users experience.

I only race career to obtain new cars, I have no interest in racing AI. I have over $50 million so I don’t need money, I treat the career mode as another free play tuning session keeping the AI on an easy setting and treating the race as time trial.

However, if I was a person who raced career all the time I would bypass practicing and spend my time in free play tuning then when I’m happy go to career and go straight to the race.

I’ve done d-a open career and every single race I’ve only been score to do two laps

The bug happens when the announcer lady is still speaking and you make changes that requires what seems to be a server request to calculate estimates.

If you wait till she stops speaking, it hardly happens.

1 Like

@here
Does this issue still persist after recent updates? Would it be possible to provide a recent video of this in action?

Its been happening recently but with a much shorter wait time. Like 5 seconds or so, but noticeable enough when it does happen.

I’ll get a vid next time it happens.

Hi. Yes, it’s still happening.

Is the wait time much shorter for you too?

A little bit faster, but it can improve more.

Here you go friend. Recorded yesterday in Free Play.

Xbox series X