Game takes incredibly long time to load to the main menu post v3 (PC)

Post the Update 3, the game is taking about 5-8 mins to load into the main menu post the t10 splash screen. The spinning annimations are really sluggish as well. Almost as if it trying to do a shaders recompile every time? The PC is no slouch - i7 13700, 4090, 64gb, NVME gen4 drive. Once in, it appears to run fine.

Any suggestions?

Strangely mine is doing this as well on one of my PCs but not the other one. They are very similar and hardware (extremely high-end) and both running windows 11. One of them fires right up the other one is taking minutes and you can see the screen updating frame by frame before I can even enter the game. Rebooting does not help.

It’s actually gotten worse on the one system which is my motion sim rig. It now won’t load at all. I just get a dim gray box in the middle of my ultrawide screen, after 10 minutes… nothing. Oh hang on… another 10 minutes… It looks like it’s still trying. This is ridiculous!

If I check task manager the CPU is at 14% and fluctuating. Memory is two and a half gig. It is doing something but definitely not working properly.

To confirm this definitely only happened immediately after the most recent update 3.

Hey I got mine fixed. I did quite a few things at once so I don’t know which of these worked. Here’s the list…

Went into the windows apps setting for Forza, went to the three dots, went to advanced, clicked repair and then also reset. Be aware choosing reset will reset all your custom menu settings in game.

Went into the Nvidia folder in your user folder under appdata/local and deleted the GLcache contents.

Downloaded Nvidia drivers, chose custom install and did reset defaults. Also I never load the garbage GeForce experience.

I believe these are all the things I did, hopefully it helps you.

1 Like

I think it’s the cache deletion that does it but I might be wrong.
I believe you can delete the DX cache from recycle bin nowadays.

1 Like

Same issue on Xbox Series X.