Freeplay grid

Has anyone figured out a workaround, in freeplay, to adjust your starting position? I’m racing with 11 AI, & no matter what settings I change, in the race set up, I’m always starting mid-pack.

Is this for FM7 or the new Forza Motorsport?

Let me guess what you want (what I want is to start from pole with a 2-10 second lead from the rest of field which is set to unbeatable). This is for FM7. I’ve only just started playing last month October2023.
It is about narrowing the choice. For example this weeks Forzathon need to use 2017 Acura NSX in part to get a very nice Ford GT FE (FE is the Forza Edition - like unicorn car in FM4). So the whizz bang thinkheads at Krusty HQ came up with a tune at R814 {called “Forzathon 329k”}. It can get to the speed required if you can find a track with the length to get to use that 9th gear (yeah - 9 gears) probably a track in Europe (Homestead too short for most of our test drivers).
Anyway to answer that the question that didn’t get answered but questioned earlier do this.

Race setup with the car you want to use.

• Advanced rules
    Race start section
    Standing Start, PI grid order, Ascending Yes in this example, Roll off delay 2-5seconds,.
  • Car Restrictions
    Allow upgrades YES, PI>=814 , Power>= 720hp , Year>=2017 , Country US ,
    So for me if I go to select a car to rent it only gives a choice of 6 Nascar div cars (I don’t have DLC so if you do there might be something to choose from but that’s your prob) so that’s what the AI will use. Of course if you use my tune you can pick the NSX.

Ad break. Got a nice new 2017 NSX with an almost pointless tune that costs about 30k and want to use in division races (S875). Here at Krusty Enterprises if you search the term “Auto” you may be able to find the tune called “Div AWD auto”. Designed for beginners using auto and full brake assist. Don’t worry if your friends can see you use assists - there aren’t any leaderboards you can see without having done the race.

Hopefully this will tide you through until they make FM9 (reboot FM4) or until they turn servers off (yes I would still be playing 4 if the servers were on like FM2 --ssshhhh).

Sorry, got to go and auction off another 200 NSX. the first batch of 20 were gobbled up.