Forza Motorsport 6 major question

Same. I’m actually really surprised how much ForzaVista has grown on me.

Agreed, but im a player as of 2005 or when the game first came out. Now im not downing Forza or its people we have come a long way since 2005 but can’t we do better? Or is the tecnology not there yet. Cars have allways appealed to me but so have racing games i enjoy racing with people and enjoy interaction with the players. But something is missing. Were is rev matching in Corvettes? I know its random but do you get what im saying?

When you think of it, basically every game in a franchise is similar to the next. Seems very intimidating, doesn’t it?

The good news is car customization and drag launches are surely still in the game. …and Hockenheim and Sonoma are back! and COTA and Limerock are in! Huge improvements!

I’ve been playing since FM1 and the series has greatly improved ever since. I thought FM5 could have been better, but it was still a great game. It was their first game on a new console. Now they are coming out with the second rendition on the new console and I believe it will be absolutely epic. Sure more cars would be great, but we are getting a ton more than FM5 came with at launch. The cars they are adding are great and they slowly learned to stop rehashing cars that were in a previous game and introduce new cars to the series. I felt that rubbed people the wrong way, they made improvements on the DLC offerings, and people loved it. We got Long Beach, Nurburging, and Road America as DLC in the last one. The track list is beyond epic this time around and will most likely grow again. They keep pushing the envelope and while the rain and night may not be your cup of tea, I’d say wait til the game is out to reevaluate it. I know I’m pumped to do some laps around COTA!

1 Like

Vastly improved game :slight_smile:

Many more cars
More tracks
Night racing
Wet racing
24 players offline and online
Improved career
Apply mods to career races
Endurance racing back
Editable drivatar style
Leagues

I’m sure there is more I can’t think of but the above is massive in itself.

People seem to look at Forza 4 as a gold standard. Playing it now seems sterile/lifeless compared to 5. Predictable AI. Rubber band AI (except at high difficulty levels). I hated that on lower skill levels the AI used to speed up if you were fast and slow down if you were slow. This doesn’t happen with drivatars in 5. Their race times obviously slow on easier levels but more consistently. They won’t slow down and wait for you because you crashed.

I know many hate the whole start at back of pack and race to front in Forza 5. Whilst I appreciate that this isn’t realistic it simply made for a more fun experience. Starting at front in every race would have been boring and make 16 car grids almost pointless.

I do however think career length races should be adjustable like in project cars :slight_smile:

For people who played the career primarily, that may be true. Community and multiplayer features on the other hand took a massive hit between Forza 4 and Forza 5.

Stellar irony that the game that was supposed to harness the ‘Power Of The Cloud’ was the least connected Forza title in quite some time.

1 Like

Hello all. This is an interesting topic. I play forza from 3 and it was great when first played. I liked 4 because there were good ideas in race styles but the career was poor. I am mainly offline gamer but i race in online championships where the race managers heal the major problems with forza. I think they should earn salary from T10 because they give good ideas to the game, they work on ideas wich should be in the game. The online community do the job while T10 only make cars and tracks and thats all. I think this is a problem because a game developer should come out with new ideas. In other game genres there are beautifull new ideas.

I think 5 was a half game that had to come out with the new console. T10 knew the problem so they said they improve the game continueslY. I think the improvement never happend.

Now 6. It is an improvement yes, more everything, its nice but not for a new game price.

I saw pictures of the games coming, Forza 3 and 4 were on the list.

Add horizon and FM2 as well. They all show up on the E3 presentation at the very end where all the games race across the screen.

But the picture I showed was from Gamescom and Phil has said that licenses and things are hard for Sport and Racing games.

The E3 one might have been placeholder.

Don’t see why T10 would be included. They’ve been under Microsoft’s wing for a while. I can see issues with NCAA football with rights associated with that franchise.

I figured the rights thing was in relation to now defunct developers or licenses that have switched hands a lot like NASCAR.

Turn10 may have lost licensing rights to some of the vehicles/tracks/parts/etc. featured in the old Forza games. The way the backward compatibility works, it is technically a new publishing license. Therefore all rights must be retained to be able to “re-release” the game on XBox One.

What’s the “major question”?

1 Like