Forza Horizon on XB1 - More Trouble Than it's Worth?

Hey guys,

just a quick question, because i’m not 100% sure about this:

I bought Forza Horizon on my Xbox One (Backward Compatibility) and all available DLCs back in 2016. I almost completed the game.

Let’s say I want to upgrade my console to an Xbox One X. Can I reinstall the game (+DLCs) and get my savegame from the Xbox One? Where is it located? In the Cloud?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Greetings from Germany
Dude49

If I buy Forza Horizon for the first time now with a Xbox 360 disc and load it onto my Xbox One X, is my assumption correct that I wont be able to get the expansions i.e. rally, cars etc? Or is there a way to get it?

unfortunately not, the DLC was removed from Xbox Live along with the game.

@xJonxMonx56 do you have Horizon 1 on disc? if so, how did you get it to work on your XBone? Did you install the game to the 360 HDD and used Cloud to transfer the game?

I think he did just as I did:
Put disc into xbo and start the game.

Difference is that he starts from scratch w/o anything from before. While I lost EVERYTHING doing so; all cars, barn finds, special cars and all my UNICORN cars. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I bought this game a while back (year+ ago now) when I ran across it at Game Stop. I got it for purely selfish reasons, I wanted to increase my Tier level to get more weekly reward money on the other Horizon games. I installed it on the my Xbox One but could not get my driving wheel to work with it so I put it aside. During the holiday I decided to install it again and this time my Thrustmaster TX wheel functioned properly. Even my Thrustmaster Mod+ handbrake worked when it was not suppose to… go figure. It’s a shame that they go to all the trouble (and cash) to get these games working on a newer platform that they do not still offer the option to purchase the addons to the game. Personally, if I had put all that money into developing the game, I’d want to make all the cash I can on it even after almost 10 years. Maybe somebody will wake up and figure it out.

I only wish they fixed the hub sync progress problem because. If you do anything in Forza Horizon 1 on X1 or series X/S the progress is not displayed in the hub

I noticed that the game play information is not updating for the Horizon 4 game also. I filled up some car mastery skills on a couple cars and the information did not get updated. Something wonky going with that it appears. Maybe when/if that gets sorted out the information show up on all the games again.