FM7

Then that’s why. Multiplayer, multiplayer related features, and other features that required Xbox live (clubs, storefronts, racing and non racing leaderboards) were where FM4 shined.

Still don’t get the driving issue because when tuned/built the cars felt the same as other Forzas with exception to more understeer for AWD and awd swapped cars.

1 Like

FM4 was a great game. FM3 was a complete letdown from FM2. FM5 was probably the worst game this generation. I think at the moment FM6 is the best FM game since FM4, which is the best FM game.

6 Likes

are you for real?

Except for the obvious better graphics I think FM4 is still better then FM7.
To me FM7 feels something like a kids birthday party, I’m too old for dressing up, shiny loot boxes and kids that want to go VROOM, VROOM in multiplayer.

8 Likes

Forza Motorsport 7 is a good game. A great game? Probably not but certainly a game worth your time, especially if you skipped Forza Motorsport 6.

Is it better than Forza Motorsport 4? That depends on who you ask; that game has many features that people enjoyed quite a bit, that are now absent.

Rather than compare Forza Motorsport 7 to other titles it’s best to look at it as a standalone title first and see if it’s worth your time. If it helps, I did a write-up after experiencing everything the game has to offer.

1 Like

Click bait hook line and sinker. Argument started, objective achieved…

1 Like

Exactly. The only thing FM4 had over FM7 is certain multiplayer features that aren’t around anymore.

-k

The games have improved in graphic and physics. But the direction and features, FM7 Comes in last. This game went from pure “MOTORSPORTS” game that cater to all types of Gearhead. There was so much freedom enjoy the game your way.
Now we have a “car collecting” catering just casual gamer base. Most of Competitive aspect of have been removed. Now you have to play T10 way. There no freedom.

Saying graphics and physics make a game better is silly. Everybody on me friends list is playing PubG right. That games graphics and physics are comparable to average Xbox 360 game. But the game is fun and everybody is playing it.

No.

But it could be a yes depending on who you heard it from and what they like. Some folks are very simple and just want pretty graphics and nice quality cars to drive around. If that’s you, then yes FM7 is miles better simply due to improved gaming technology.

It could also be a yes if you’re primarily a single player person. While very different from FM4, both FM7 and FM4 have good single player modes. FM7 also has some fun achievements to shoot for like owning 700 cars.

If you’re talking about multiplayer and multiplayer related features, FM7 fails compared to FM4. Same can be said for community features.

Other items where FM7 fails are in clunky menu design (see test drive mode, homologation leaderboards, searching for paints/tunes, etc.) and bugs (EX. Very common to have slow loading of cars, paints, you can’t download most saved tunes, miscellaneous game crashes/lagging).

FM7 is the first Forza where I don’t trust it’s operating stability.

1 Like

FM4 is my fav
FM5 I skipped due to extremely bad feed back
FM6 could of been the 1 that took the crown from fm4 but it failed on 2 fronts. Firstly community features were lacking like store front, auction house and cpls. Secondly the phisics were frankly horrific specifically crash phisics and kerbs

Now we get to fm7 in 4k uhd 60fps…Yeah what a load of tosh that is. fm7 is a prime example of graphics being a priority over game play. Leagues are broken, we have a bunch of hoppers that no 1 wants or uses, leaderboards don’t really exist anymore amd features that arrive then leave again with the text “coming soon”. 3 months in the game is still unfinished and people have just stopped playing.

So to answer your question… No fm7 is not a rival to fm4 and I can’t even say it could/would or can be. However I can say it never ever ever be close to the quality of fm4

4 Likes

Physics and graphics wise, 7 is better. Diversity in the car list could also be a point in 7’s favour. For everything else though, 4 is by far superior.

2 Likes

With any comparison like these comparing old with new you have to try remember how the old one made you feel at the time rather than just a straight comparison as then old is disadvantaged. FM7 probably is better than FM4 in a small few ways because it’s playing off a more advanced system. The fun and enjoyment I had in FM4…well the FM games since don’t even deserve a mention. I’d happily pay a subscription to continue playing FM4 if everyone else did the same. That game had everything we needed.

3 Likes

But memories can be deceiving too. Oftentimes people remember things better than they actually were, or only remember what they liked about something/someone, ignoring the bad. Another factor is age, a young person is easier impressed than a grown up.

Im not saying FM4 was worse, as i didn’t play it, im just talking in a general matter about over glorification of past things.

Add to that, that people tend to stick with what they grew up with, for example music. How many of you listen to a song ,or genre of music that was popular during your younger years, thinking this was the pinnacle of music, and everything since cant live up to it?

3 Likes

While true, I still remember the annoying aspects of FM4, most notably vote to skip track abuse (to avoid being kicked) and file sharing with club members (for tunes you had to upload multiples of the same car so other club members could drive them). Both of which, among others only needed minor tweaks to work better.

FM4 felt like a game that was built by fans. FM7 feels more like a game built with heavy corporate influence. The head decision makers more so now seem out of touch.

It’s sad that you weren’t able to enjoy FM4 when it was in its prime.

I was in my early to mid-20s when Forza 4 was around. The game released October 2011. It wasn’t that long ago.

3 Likes

As someone who is playing his first full version of FM, i have to say this game still feels like it was made by fans, in a negative kind of way. All the small mistakes and oversights mixed with the lack of communication make T10 look like a bunch of hobby programmers rather than a professional publisher of multiple successful games. But i get what you are saying. I haven’t had a console since the PS2, and never cared much about racing games until recently , so im not sure if i´d have liked the game back then no matter the quality.

Most of the FM titles were pretty polished games. FM7 on the other hand, reminded why I didnt like Project Cars. All kinda of bugs I wont expect form T10.

1 Like

Hey man, nothing is better than 80’s musice…peace :wink:

That said I enjoyed FM4 immensely in multiplayer. Single player was only good if you went to event list to raise the A.I. level up. Regular career I almost lapped the field every time as the A.I. didn’t ever inctease difficulty as touted back then. Alot of tuning was set rebound to 12 and bump to 1 copy paste so that was a let down as well. Everything else from auction house, storefront, to clubs was awesome.

FM7 - I love the forzathon, leagies, and bounties. I like how homologation has helped some of the classes like keeping S class from being ruined by neetles and the such. Aston Martin no longer dominates Forza GT. Missimg rivals and a menu that doesn’t stutter now that I have 300 cars.

Also, worried about game crashes, game chat, and game saves. Seeing the game syncing when firing up too much now.

Agree with earlier poster who said combining the best of both would make a great game.

I was thinking the same thing. A base model Toyota Corolla is better handling and speed than super car from the '30. LOL
The fm4 graphics were awesome for its time. I didnt mind the physics either.

F7 is fine, and I’m getting my money’s worth. Looking back, I think F4 is the one I probably had the most fun with though in terms of online racing and community. I don’t think I was on the forum back then, so I didn’t have much to influence my opinion.

1 Like

Honestly I really liked FM5’s driving physics and UI and loved the career mode, the thing that killed that game for most people was the sheer lack of content and the way DLC was handled.
I think FM4 just can’t be topped. But I do think Horizon 4 has some serious potential this year, especially after the train-wreck FM7 is and how successful FH3 was. I also loved having Jeremy Clarkson in the games too, before the whole fiasco in 2015.

2 Likes