FH5 DLC: Horizon Racing Car Pack | June 2023

Personally i don’t mind paid car packs, as long as it is no longer the norm. A once in a while car pack is ok. What i do mind is that the add 1 or 2 cars that are not as desirable. If you are going to sell a car pack then add all good cars (desirable ones).

Also just one point to differentiate FM to FH, i think it should go deeper into the car list of the 2 games.
Forza Horizon is a festival kind of game that you enjoy cars with music. They should focus more on the road going cars, keep track cars for FM. Their ton of road cars that still need to be added, muscle cars, Trucks, Supercars, Hypercars, sports cars…

When you differentiate the car list in the 2 games you can attract more players in each game, as some of us may play the game to experience different cars.

3 Likes

Deleted

5 Likes

yeah they might be.

well it’s not that i say to swallow whatever they throw us, but we have to admit there has been few steps in the good direction lately so for that to be supportive. it all comes down to our interests in cars and personally i like the gt black series. the others are a bit disappointing but i look more at the new features and rims which we cannot forget

1 Like

if you need to snap specific promo shhot just take a random course, do a blueprint with custom cars (you choose). open the select tab and pick “not owned” and select every new car that you dont have/shot. then of course select one car that you own with similar PI and run a test run. once started just go photo mode.

I agree with your statement, but for what it’s worth, this particular Saleen truck doesn’t have a voting thread in the car suggestion section, nor was there a suggestion for there to be a thread for it.

1 Like

Did some testing yesterday. Impressions:
Nissan Altima
Since I’m not into drifting I can’t comment on his usefullness there. A S1 road powerbuild was awful.

Saleen Sporttruck
Ran a A800 build with the usual Trophy Truck engine swap. For some reason the car is very oversteery/light on the rear. Felt best and achieved fastest times with min rear-aero.
It has no tire size upgrade which gives it a ~9 PI disadvantage against the offroaders that have level 3.
Hitbox/ground clearance bug that can lead to getting stuck on ramps or have random collisions with obstacles/the ground. Will dirty your time or completely ruin the online race.
No car to write home about.

Huayra R
Exceptional stock engine sound with unique shifting sound files. It’s pretty clear there went love into programming this.
Performance-wise it’s okay. Nowhere near the grip of the CCGT or Brabham. The stock engine is fine but for maximum performance the Racing V12 is the way to go - as always.
Since the car isn’t near the meta anyway I kept the stock engine. It’s just music to my ears.

Lotus Emira
My future rl car so I’m obviously biased. Very good as a stock engine purist build on A800 for handling & mid-speed tracks. On tracks that require more top speed the high drag kills it.
Same goes for a S1 aero Trophy Truck swap build. Good for something like Copper Canyon but it tops out way too early for over 1.000 bhp.

From a performance perspective the pack isn’t something one must own. For me it was worth it due to the Huayra & Emira.

4 Likes

That is what I normally do, and if you reread my post, I said that I couldn’t select the new car packs for a custom route. I was able to get pics for everything new in the update except those and the flatbed trucks. I thought it might’ve been because I didn’t purchase the pack. Something must have changed since I made that post, though, since I just fired up the game and see those cars when selecting a custom car theme. They definitely were not available for me earlier when I got the other cars.

ah ok didn’t read that correctly

Finally I buyed that car pack :smiley:

And I love it

As the other person said. This is a stupid point. Its a themed pack. They all roughly fit the theme. I dont have interest in two of the cars. But I cant remember a Forza car pack that every car I was interested in. Its always been like 2 or 3 cars. Honestly. Being as the car packs are usually bigger. 2 out of 4 cars being appealing to me is a pretty good ratio.

1 Like

content was worth it LOL :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: UBISOFT are the kings of the MICROTRANSACTIONS. hiding the BEST content behind a paywall is not fair to gamers bro.

This thing is not right … I took the premium the day it came out … and in those days there was still no talk of rallies and Hotwheels
There were 2 DLCs added later, which thank goodness were included in the premium (but didn’t exist initially)

This pack of 4 cars also arrived later, but they decided it’s not included in the premium… THEY DECIDED SO… It’s NOT fair, I will never buy the premium edition again, if they decide what to put and what not

Another thing… I think it’s useless that when someone buys the extra package they are automatically given the car and not have to buy it after the game… Having the car immediately makes the auctions of this car useless… Because, those who bought the package with real money already have it, and those who don’t have the expansion cannot buy it… so the auctions of these cars are USELESS, my compliments, EXCELLENT STRATEGY

1 Like

I partially agree… BUT, it’s not their first game… They have many under their belts, couldn’t they have noticed this before? If you know the premium pack is disadvantageous after 2 years, don’t do it!!!

For the thousandth time, you got everything that was included in the premium edition. I feel at this stage there is a need for glasses around here.

This car pack was never listed in the premium edition.

5 Likes

As noted already, this is a non-starter of a non-issue. I’m hardly one to defend MST10PG about things that should not be the way they are but this was all crystal clear. “Here’s what you get. Buy it or don’t buy it.”

4 Likes

If you dont want to buy premium. Thats great. They gave you exactly what they sold you and then released stuff after that obligation was done. You’re wrong in thinking they owe it to you. The premium wasnt, and has never been advertised as having access to every single thing they put out. Its literally never been this way and if you think otherwise, you’re mistaken. Its never been this way, its not advertised as such. Its only you, you and about 6 dozen other people here who just cannot understand the concept that just because you get the biggest preorder package, doesnt entitle you to every DLC they put out. You’ve fabricated this reality for yourselves.
Its one thing if you were criticizing them for naming their editions ‘complete’ or ‘ultimate’ like some other people here have misnamed it as, To say its unethical to brand it like that when its very finite in scope. But you’re not even doing that, your issue is the definition of entitlement because you expect this edition to be the one few examples of a preorder that gives you all forthgoing DLC. And if its because you remember some additional content being thrown in from the last game, likely in the same vein as the BARBIE one we got last week, thats even worse because you only now expect entitlement because they gave out freebies last time. Taking genuine generosity to one of the very few franchises in the present day who have avoided engaging in the predatory MTX monetization schemes that soils the rest of modern gaming to make their money, and making it an entitlement you’re not owed.
T10, PGG and MS are far from saints or even ethical companies overall. But to indignantly misunderstand what you’re entitled to when you bought something for a franchise thats been comparatively very generous in the ways it asks for money from their players, both from an initial purchase and afterwords. THAT is ununfair.
The whole thing about making auctions useless I have no idea what you’re talking about. No idea what auctions have to do with literally anything at all.

4 Likes

I think the basic idea is that owning the car pack is required to own the cars in the game, no-one else can. Furthermore, everyone owning the car pack gets one of each free, which puts an additional . . . thing on bothering with them in the auction house.

Something like that.

Okay, I still dont have any idea what that has to with anything. Is he expecting them to make DLC cars available on the AH for everyone? So people who buy the DLC can just buy and sell unlimited of them on the AH? I dont get it.

Well, yes. It’s correct but as you write I’m not sure there’s much of a point.