FH4 cannot open and suspended by system because it is taking to much ram at launch

Just installed forza horizon 4 from steam on my new Legion 5 (ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3060 mobile 130 tdp, ram 8x2(16gb) @3200Mhz. When I launch it, forza horizon 4 tries to take up all of the ram and the laptop will get unresponsive and the program get suspended and forced closed by my syste,. Any solution?
messageImage_1647355333245

1 Like

Holy crap!!!

All I can say for now until I think about it some.

Did you un-install,… update everything on PC.,… windows, drivers, GPU. drivers,… re-boot, re-install, re-boot, try the game.

Pretty sure Steam has a verify/repair/consistency check for games maybe try running that first, and retry the game.

Chuter.

EDIT: Spelling.

Did you find a solution, i also have the same exact problem. I start the game, it eats like 12gb of ram and then just crashed without any error code or even a window indicating the crash.

I played FH4 before but uninstalled because i wanted to play other games and i got this problem after reinstalling it.

I have a Lenovo Legion 5 with R5 4600H, 1650ti, 16gb ram, and 500gb of samsung ssd. My Win10 version is 21H2

I got to play like 3hr and then one day i can’t launch the game anymore. i have a legion 5 ryzen 7 5800h, rtx 3050ti, 8x2(16gb) ram and it has the same problem as you. i tried contact the support team and they kinda refused to help me. i try the demo on microsoft store and it work flawlessly but the full steam version i had just don’t work.
have you find anything that fix that problem ?

I fixed it, just do a clean reinstall of your amd and nvidia driver