Festival Playlist events and rewards June 29 - July 6 (Autumn S22)

Rainy Sunday afternoon and a bit of free time. Few vids of championships, no EV this time.
Festival Playlist events and rewards June 29 - July 6 (Autumn S22) - Forza Horizon 5 / FH5 Discussion - Official Forza Community Forums
Also updated tune for Pista and Corvette, already featured in those vids, no change for Dually.

Speaking of next season, Corvette ZR-1 should also work there, Nomad might be ok for RA and M3 GTR for HW.
Datsun I did throw something together, only missing something cheap for C600. A800 HH should be easy again, cram stupid amount of power into lil box.
Maybe those different class PR stunts look good on paper, reality is just garbage imo, sorry.

2 Likes

Just my opinion on the matter. Street tires are not worth the PI cost. If you are debating between stock or street tires. Go with stock and use the saved PI elsewhere.

2 Likes

I like doing the PR stunts in something different. Itā€™s been a nice change and has put me in some different cars.

As for the ā€œ Reasonably Priced Carsā€ SC. Depending on what tracks they have in the SC. I would bank on the top 3 cars being the 97 Civic, Integra & RSX.

2 Likes

Reasonably priced cars are 25,000 cr or below?

1 Like

Iā€™ll just go by something that catches my eye, as usual :slight_smile:

By watching the stream, Iā€™d say the clue for treasure is win a drag race in Dodge Challenger '70 in A(800) class

" * Reasonably Priced Cars - cars valued 25,000 CR or less" - from support page.

@TonyKartRcr both S2000 tunes are excellent. I can run about 2.52 using them at Volcan, which is fairly strong. Very slightly faster at the moment in the 09.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jezza14. I put some time into that 09. I absolutely did not want to add any aero to that car. With the stock suspension had just way more understeer in it than I wanted. I switched to race suspension to dial in some front end bite and it made it a lot better. I havenā€™t played around with the S2000 a lot before this week so it was a fun car to setup.

1 Like

Great job on this Tony. It destroyed the AI & as it happened, was the only HWā€™s A800 tune I had when I went to complete the seasonals there, so decided to just use it & was able to complete the championship with it no problem, despite the dirt track set up.

2 Likes

Lol nice! Glad it worked in the HW tracks. Thanks for giving it a go.

2 Likes

What is everyone using the Syclone for? Looks like a good B class road build and A class dirt is what the majority of tunes are for.

Lots of choice here depending on the tracks like you say.

If itā€™s circuits thereā€™ll be the '97 Civic, Toyota 86, Mini, MX5 '94 and the Integra.

If itā€™s sprints the 240SX and Trueno come into play along with the Civic + Integra still being top options.

All that is assuming itā€™s C class like the Tours are for Reasonably Priced Cars though.

Have you ever managed to get anything out of the RSX? Poor thingā€™s always sucked in both Forza franchises Iā€™ve thought, never been able to find anything useful for it.

2 Likes

My bad, RSX isnā€™t bad in B class. Pretty sure this should be a C class event.

I donā€™t think I can make a power build for this Datsun 510. The stock tires leave it with catastrophic understeer but adding street tires jumps the PI up by about 100 and at that point itā€™s not really a power build.

The handling build with slick tires handles very well but thatā€™s probably due in large part to it only having a top speed of about 138 mph.
I donā€™t think thatā€™s fast enough to be competitive in B class.

Working on a kind of mid build that has a top speed of about 160 mph and handles pretty good so might end up going this route.

2 Likes

The 510 with AWD on tarmac is notorious for understeering. I personally donā€™t like the way that car feels with AWD. You can dial out some of it but it will always have that corner exit understeer and a numb corner entry feel to boot.

Iā€™m going RWD with my trial tune for next week. This car is B class is a nice easy driver in RWD and an absolute pleasure to drive.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good advice. I generally favor AWD but I think Iā€™ll experiment with a RWD build tomorrow.

With this is a new bug Iā€™ve never experienced. No matter what speed I get over 180 mph on the HW speed zone it keeps saying 1 more mph needed.
Iā€™m consistently hitting 188/185/183/186 etc mph average but it keeps saying 1 more mph needed to complete

Wasnā€™t that something that happened at launch ā€¦
What car and tune (class) are you using?

Me? Iā€™m using the Exige 2012 with an s1 900 tune thatā€™s registering as correct car and tune. No wrong car message just 1 mph more needed. Iā€™ve done many playlist speed zones. This is a first.

Iā€™ve had this before. Reboot your console.

1 Like

Sorry, asked because of that Forza thing of tunes sometimes going 1 PI up.
Anyway, hope Mr. Esq suggestion helped