Ferrari F8 Tributo

it all worked out fine, I scooped up 10 of them for 200 million and sold them for 1.65 million, billionaire got 2 and I made a new friend who got 2 of the others. my credits are basically unlimited, I don’t want people being frustrated by this game to the point they make a forums post.

2 Likes

there’s a lot of ways to get things in this world. grinding for them is always an option, but asking a rich person is worth a shot too. forza no different :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Does it really? I cant speak for others, but i have opted out of the weekly chore list a long time ago. I have said it before, it would make much more sense to give the new cars to everyone, and then give you “optional” challenges that can be completed with said car. The devs have it backwards here, forcing me to do something i don’t want to, to obtain a car, that i then don’t have anything to do with. Give me the darn car, and then give me a list of recommended races, make the weekly danger sign and drift challenge for the new car exclusively, it isn’t that hard, is it?

5 Likes

Absolutely. FOMO is a key component in engagement. I agree it would be nice to have alternatives. Releasing the cars in the Autoshow at an “exclusive” price would seem logical to me.

3 Likes

Worthwhile engagement should be driven by fun not fear.

9 Likes

Frankly you’ve made a large part of the case for it driving engagement. Just opting out is the same engagement level as them not having the playlist. It’s the psychology of making someone work for something exclusive rather than giving it outright and thinking they’ll do something with it.

I do like the idea of having specific things set up for the new cars. They’ve had a couple of the playlist stunts limited the the prize cars in the past. The 20 GTR and 46 Ford both had at least one stunt iirc.

One positive for the current design is that there are a lot of options available to get the points for the car. The 20 point car is attainable without a tremendous effort. The time limiting of the availability is a negative, to me at least.

I dislike the FOMO however it is often a successful business model.

I wish I could understand how someone who plays videogames doesn’t get the concept of progression as a tool to get the players to work (i.e. play the game by upgrading/tuning/painting/racing cars which all could reward the player) towards something they want.

Growing up, one of the first and most basic rules of life I learned was that to get something, you need to do something to earn it. Even most Richie Richs of the world used to learn that in one way or another.

When did we get a new world order where everything is expected to be unlocked and accessible without any effort whatsoever?

1 Like

I saw a video by that dude Rizon last night that said 512 is the rarest car in the game :nail_care:t2:

Because this isn’t progression. It’s arbitrarily keeping content out of the hands of players, particularly players who have invested far more than the cost of a Game Pass subscription, and only releasing that content to them at whims that are completely out of the players’ control.

3 Likes

Actually my post has 46 likes

So you stating “I am a very very silly person and no one thinks like this” is pretty defamatory

If you don’t like my opinion then leave but you have accused me of things that are untrue

I simply wanted access to a Ferrari F8 Tributo after a month playing the game and 10 million credits, that is not an utterly absurd thing to say

The game does not have to cater for me but I will not be buying the game on account of the reasons I stated

As I am in a minority my opinion is irrelevant so it should not strike a nerve

I’m back to playing FH4

1 Like

How am I unhappy? With the 30 million CR and an exclusive Ferrari? No

That had nothing to do with the game and everything to do with a kind forum member

The point of a simulation racing game is to drive cars you can’t IRL

If it takes me a full time job playing the game and months or years to unlock the cars, and still some of it is by chance, it isn’t really worth paying for in my opinion

See games such as Project Cars 2, where when you buy the game, you have access to all of the cars in the game

I like working for stuff, so I guess we are different. I liked having to all gold the licenses in GT and start out with a humble Primera. I was very disappointed to find out cheats were discovered in GT4.

That’s fair enough, though.

1 Like

Not saying you can’t work for things in the game, just I’d like the option to bypass it or test all of the cars I have already bought

But yes, it is maybe only 20-30% of the world who thinks like me and would prefer to chill

err… I play games to escape the real world, not to work hard

there is a key word in there and it is play

not grind or hustle or snipe or stockpile

also, in both the real world, and this game, it is not fair free market capitalism or even a representation of market value

i’m sorry i didn’t lie on my CV and defame the competition

I don’t think you understand I am deadly serious about my only reason playing the game is to drive around a simulation world in the latest Ferraris. I don’t actually like the game and would rather hack in a billion credits and only buy cars all readily available at their true market value in order to play it. If you think it is funny and worth ridicule that I can’t buy or even rent a specific ferrari I want to test out and compare to another ferrari in a game I already pay for then it is pretty immature in my opinion.

I literally don’t care about NSX Acuras or the actual gameplay. FH4 was a better game anyway even with similar issues.

You can go into the super7/challenge section & drive any car in the game in there.

3 Likes

Who cares? Does it really matter how many Likes any post X has?

2 Likes

Have a like. :slight_smile:

OP got the car and the arguments had run their course, why not just leave this thread to fizzle out like it was already heading towards?

He can’t help himself because it’s all he can ever offer on this forum, but please @robotiChart and @Lens00788814159 don’t support it.

3 Likes

this is an excellent point. whenever I snipe a car before release I try to do a 30 minute destination challenge card for everyone.

2 Likes