Exploit or Game Design?

The only issues I had with AFK (apart from not being able to understand why people did it):

• The number of AFK races that flooded the Event Lab area was obscene…you could never find any decent races in there (although you frequently can’t anyway admittedly) as it was all “AFK Goliath” etc etc

• When they nerfed it, it meant people who like to do long races were disillusioned as the rewards no longer matched the time spent doing it.

3 Likes

i did the AFK thing once early on just to see how it went. personally i could care less how others play their game, but the AFK thing isn’t for me. i don’t really miss it. as i’ve been playing since early release i have all the cars that are available and spend most of my time tuning, testing those tunes in races and creating liveries/layered groups. with over 90m credits i have no problem buying whatever parts i might want to try for my tunes. some have said in this thread that having all those credits “breaks the game economy”. i disagree. without all those credits i have accumulated (legitimately i might add) i wouldn’t be able to buy all those parts and sometimes duplicate cars on which to test them from the Autoshow/Auction House.

I always laugh at the “it breaks the AH economy” arguments, because as I’ve said before, the problem with the auction house is the unfair advantage that legendary tuners/painters enjoy. And again, I think those that work hard at these deserve a reward, but not complete domination of the AH. Especially since, as I said in another thread, many, if not most, legendary tuners and painters just churn out low effort V12/AWD swap maxed out everything “tunes” and low effort matte black, Gucci, Supreme logos, camo or all chrome “designs.”

3 Likes

Having a well balanced economy means lowering the prices for everyone. Being legendary painter means selling cars at the current selling rate… 20 M for cars that sell for 10M isn’t going to help you. Legendary painters really should sell legendary paint to take the price from 10M to 12M for a One Off paint. So you just make 2M profit.

That is how the economy is supposed to work.

Some don’t even do that just sell stock cars with stock paint for 20 mil and some of them are common not even rare or exclusive, can’t see why anyone would buy them but they do. Lol

1 Like

There you go. You know the problem. You know the solution.
1 + 1 = ?

1 Like

In the case of the AH that would be 20 mil lol

I never did the AFK. But I did used to do the ol’ rubber and trick with the Escudo and the Super Speedway in Gran Turismo :smile:

Honestly if I look at what the devs have changed with all the patches from 04th November untill now, someone may think this was the first game they ever have published at all. Or they were really so naive to think that noone will take advantage of some of the game mechanics.

Some kind of funny for me is the circumstance that they almost have only patched content that was intentionally put in the game by the devs and not the countless bugs that were hopefully not left intentionally in this software.

1 Like

If you’re not playing the game - as in AFK - then you shouldn’t be rewarded for doing nothing.
I play every day - hands on - never AFK - not even sure what that applies to if you’re not on a keyboard - Play the game realtime and stop moaning about something you don’t even deserve.

1 Like

They don’t deserve?! They paid money for the game they deserve anything in it. O because you play everyday you think you deserve something more than someone who is logged in and away? You playing everyday actively there gets the game what a few hours of a person logged in to help the concurrent player count? The afk is actively giving them a longer time frame with them logged in. They are also paying for electricity to keep the game running while away that you aren’t. They are also sacrificing being able to play another game or stream using the console. They are also using their hardware longer potentially decreasing its life span. On these factors alone they are helping the game and paying and make real world sacrifices to do it while you on the other hand are doing what? Racing a few laps for a few hours and all of a sudden you want to feel special and better than person that going full send trying get everything they can out of the game at any point in time. BTW I got every car in the game and full skill tree mastery on every car I also haven’t played the game more than at most 30 mins a day tops since before christmas got a few hundred wheelspins and a 100+ super wheelspins, and something like 90 mil credits still in the top 300 for accolades probably to. So go on and say how you deserve something and someone else doesn’t but maybe wait til you can match the same numbers of time and resources put in that they have. I’d gladly give someone willing to put 10+ hours in afk grinding for a car any car in my garage because they enjoy the game and want to get it that bad before giving any car to someone that thinks they are worth more than another person.

Its just a game the money isn’t even real, if people want to use auto steer and assisted brakes let them if they find away to do it AFK so what, they paid for the game and made their choice, they cant do it online so it doesn’t really affect anyone else, just concentrate ion what you are doing and stop whining about what anyone else is doing or not doing. lol

4 Likes

Nowadays its not your game anymore… And “dev” can do whatever he wants… With 20years ban for “afk” (no idea how they are able to tell afk or not)… I mean it removes >50% of the game if acc is banned. And everything is hidden/secret noone is able to tell what happened was someone banned for cheating (real cheating) or was someone on power-trip…

I mean nothing wrong with “enforcement cases are not open for discussion” but why keeping it secret. Discussion is one thing everyone sees things different but this is a good example

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst173485_Fh5-inappropriate-ban.aspx

Banned ingame for no idea… Banned on Supportpage for no idea… How to unban? You can’t say contact support and ban in same time on supportpage…
Was the player unbanned… lots of questions…

Even forum shows me how long user is suspended. Make it somewhat transparent! How many ppl bought another copy of the game forced through ban… Why 20year ban they’ve paid for it…

Put fat red “Cheater Livery” on the car or whatever and ban in multiplayer for 3months but not cutting parts of the game “forever”

PPL are scared to use liveries!!! C’MON

1 Like

How? That’s easy one.

• Upload 8 hr long video of you holding down trigger on controller, button on keyboard or pedal

You don’t have to play anything. Just show that human can do it.

Yeah for healthy person its boring and makes no sense holding button for 8 hours.
But for some people its the only way to play… I mean u can find them in forum too…
There is some handicapped person and horizon+assists allows him to spend time with his child…
Or a blind person playing with full assists (“holding 1 button”)

And i was doing 12+ hours session in fh4 so why not these people?

Dev has to deal or life with it but not 20year bans. Simple AccReset is more than enough

20years… transfer it to physical products and some manufacturer comes to your home and takes 50% of the product for 20years
I’ve used my stove in kitchen as reflow oven to assemble some pcbs so its fine if “dev” shows up and removes the heatingelement for 20 years???

Simplest things are too hard to fix atm but they mess around with useless stuff. PPL find new ways anyway so who cares… Fix the real cheater poblem (kids with trainers/cheat engine)

1 Like

Yeah but someone can come on here and say they got banned for no reason, but we have no proof other than them saying it and no reason to believe or disbelieve them either way, they are hardly going to admit they hacked and cheated are they on here. lol

Thats why it needs to be more transparent… and 20year bans removed…
They have Ban History | MyForza it shows my stuff let me see other ppls bans too… whats the big problem there?

I think its highly unlikely they would ban anyone without a very valid reason.

Read this…
https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postst173695_Ban-caused-by-a-bug.aspx

and pls read whole thing not only first lines. And there is more posts here with same thing.
Enough posts to say something is wrong there…

Ban for Livery > Fine
Ban for deleting same Livery after first ban > ?

It creates same “endless loops”…

“How to unban?” Support is “offline” and u can’t delete livery without new ban