Earning in-game Influence from Mixer livestreams

I said I think. I also said that would not be a surprise. I don’t think (again) here they have a rule to posting facts only… so I will continue posting. Like it or not I’m staying. :stuck_out_tongue:

The way you stated it, ‘i think you are safe’, ‘as there is a cap…’ seems like stating there’s a cap, thinking he/she’s safe. Post away.

I read several messages on the stream chat and also here that people are having problems with progression so my toughs where legit. In fact the next post confirmed that the progression is not locked. I didn’t want to edit my previous post since they are already quoted. I am only showing concerns about gaining immense influence buy watching the demo streams over and over… like somebody already pointed aut, gaining hundreds of hours watching streams with no real content. There are streams that are locked at the menu screen. Those are clearly there for farming influence only. It is a game exploit so my concerns are legit to. Maybe I should mind my own business and believe me, when I get an official statement that gaining influence this way is OK, I will stop with such behavior. I don’t want to sound smart only.

But it isnt an exploit, it is a legitimate way of earning influence. As stated by the developers you can now earn influence from pretty much everything, streaming, watching streams, tuning, painting, doing jobs, not just racing. Therefore it is a legit way of earning influence.

It is an exploit… you are clearly not going to watch all the content for 250h or do you?. People are leaving the streams running all night an people are leaving their pc while “watching” the stream on for the entire night, while they are sleeping.

Again, not an exploit because they developers introduced this as a way of earning influence, and would have realised people would just stream it in the backround.

The dictionary definition of an exploit is this

“noun Digital Technology.
a flaw in hardware or software that is vulnerable to hacking or other cyberattacks.
a piece of software that takes advantage of such a flaw to compromise a computer system or network.
(in a video game) the use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player’s advantage or to the disadvantage of other players.”

This is neither a bug nor a flaw in the game, just something the developers decided to add so players had more ways to earn influence

It is a game design… the game is design the way you can gain influence by watching Mixer. It is a flaw since you don’t need to play the game at all to stream, you don’t even really need to watch it. You can simply open a window and leave it there. You are taking advantage since you are gaining influence (xp). It’s the new Drift Tap Exploit just in a different costume.

1 Like

If you feel its a flaw, email the developers and tell them. Personally I don’t think it is a flaw. Its designed into the game mechanics. I mean, I dont stream, but Im not complaining about people earning influence for streaming. I dont paint, but Im not complaining about people who can earn points for painting with the bare minimal effort. Hell at heart its a single player game. With a 100 ways to earn influence. By your definitions of you not needing to play the game to influence thing, do you think they should get rid of the weekly reawrds, because, to be fair, you can earn cash for every game weekly without touching any of them. Therefore influencing games without playing them.

I personally think the mixer idea is great. People that are streaming for real deserve everything. I’m talking about abusing the system.
They could simply make a cap level for the demo and no problem at all, I wouldn’t be wrong from the start and my pride would not suffer. JK

Don’t think I have a problem with this. I’m farming influence too… we are in the same boat. XD

1 Like

cap of 260k? I’ve got 340k right now.

Don’t know what to say. Saw some comments on the stream chat and also here…

Seems there is a cap on getting influence hit 260000 and it has stopped have watcheds streams for at least and hour and have not gotten any new influence anyone else have this problem.

Same here - I hit 260, maybe 275K and no new influence, level ups or sparks. Have logged out and back in, no luck. Bummer.

I got to 261,500 and a streamer went offline. I hopped to a couple other streamers, but they weren’t on for too very long. When I clicked the ribbon, it didn’t show my influence total, which appears to be how it works until you’ve been watched for 5 minutes / have your total updated. But I’ve been watching someone for the past 15 minutes, got the 5 minutes updates and hit 264k. So even though I didn’t see an update when watching those short time streamers, it seems like the timer was still counting behind the scenes, otherwise I would’ve been at 63k. Don’t know if it makes a difference, but I’m currently on a Pro subscription (from the 3 months they gave out during E3, ends in a few days). Haven’t seen any mentions that there are extra perks with FH4 for being Mixer Pro.

does mixer pro give you 2x influence ?

and how much does streaming give vs watch time ??

From what i understand it is like that:
From watching streams about forza horizon 4 demo on mixer you earn influence in FH4 and once the game is launched and you unlocked the mixer tab you receive your earned influence.
That has nothing to do with carrying over progress from the demo for that influence earned will be saved to you MS / Mixer account.
You can link accounts and whatch streams of FH4 demo without even downloaded the demo and will earn influence anyways (I have it installed so correct me if i’m wrong) or at least by having pre-ordered the full game.
So nothing will carry over but still you can collect influence before the full release of FH4.

so im guessing you have to have the demo installed also anyone else noticed people are already unlocking achievements on trueachievements whats that about

Cheaters…
Some of them have unlocked them in july too

You don’t have to have the demo installed. The Influence from watching streams has nothing to do with the demo on your console. It is just one of the many ways you can earn influence now

fair nuff just haven’t seen any ribbons or notifications have ultimate on disc ordered but have not downloaded the demo due to data cost